Upgrading

nickel

Upgrading
« on: October 23, 2008, 21:23:49 »
I have recently "won" a green week and have recently returned from a great week at brunston castle. Somehow I missed their rep whilst I was there so I emailed seasons asking how much it would cost to upgrade to a peak red week. The figure came back circa £11500, which I felt was extremely high. Could someone please advise if this is purely a "starting" figure, and if so what is a realistic amount to pay is. I am interested in upgrading to take advantage of the short breaks so a resale is no use. many thanks

neil1702

Upgrading
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 08:10:00 »
From my experience that's about the right price. They well come down a bit on haggling and it would be interesting to see how far they are willing to come down, especially in these times when you would imagine that the potential market is shrinking.
I'm pretty sure it used to be cheaper but I know they put the prices up a couple of years ago.
Whatever you do, sort out your own finances and don't be tempted by one of their schemes

Offline Simoncc

Upgrading
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 10:22:28 »
If you look on Ebay or via resale companies such as Aberfoyle you will see Seasons packages being sold for much lower the figure you've been quoted - I've seen figures of less than £3,000 for Peak Red weeks.

I don't know if Seasons put any restrictions on weeks bought resale but I'd certainly explore this option before deciding to buy direct.

neil1702

Upgrading
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 14:09:43 »
Yes they do put restrictions on resales.
It is certainly a much cheaper way of staying at a Seasons resort but you don't get the offer of the weekend/midweek breaks, you can't exchange in Interval and I'm not sure about the affiliates.
As people are always saying, best to explore the options and make sure you buy what is right for yourself. The more info you have beforehand the better.

Roman

Upgrading
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 18:06:09 »
quote:
Originally posted by nickel

I have recently "won" a green week and have recently returned from a great week at brunston castle. Somehow I missed their rep whilst I was there so I emailed seasons asking how much it would cost to upgrade to a peak red week. The figure came back circa £11500, which I felt was extremely high. Could someone please advise if this is purely a "starting" figure, and if so what is a realistic amount to pay is. I am interested in upgrading to take advantage of the short breaks so a resale is no use. many thanks

I can sell you my single-bedroom red week (not peak red one I am afraid) for a fraction of that figure. Interested?