I won a holiday

Started by Thebingoman, November 19, 2008, 20:03:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Thebingoman

hi guys  I am just looking for a bit of advice. I entered a competition and have won a weeks holiday at a place yet to be chosen. I need to go to a presentation in haydock where there is no obligation to buy. Is this likely to be a genuine offer or are there catches?  I will be keeping my wallet firmly in my pocket of course!!

Thebingoman

Mavo

quote:
Originally posted by Thebingoman

hi guys  I am just looking for a bit of advice. I entered a competition and have won a weeks holiday at a place yet to be chosen. I need to go to a presentation in haydock where there is no obligation to buy. Is this likely to be a genuine offer or are there catches?  I will be keeping my wallet firmly in my pocket of course!!

You want advice?
Don`t take your wallet with you.

It is a genuine offer but you will be pressurised.
Are there catches? Yes but not insurmountable.
Having been there done that and got the t-shirt and not bought anything, you qualify for the holiday whore badge.
It is circular the top half sky blue bottom half sea blue and is only distinguishable by the central pink finger pointing skywards.

On a more serious note Club la Costa are one of the few well established developers with a half decent record and their apartments are to a high standard.
You will be introduced to timeshare which, run well and honestly, is a brilliant concept for the average family.
Why so many developers feel the need to abuse it is frankly beyond my comprehension.

arkwright

I seem to remember getting an invitation to Haydock many years ago. They were offering a free betamax video recorder if you attended and sat through a presentation. As we already had a vhs recorder we passed, that's how long ago it was.

brain research tells us that only twenty percent of human beings have a sense of irony, which means that eighty percent of the world takes everything at face value.

Mavo

quote:
Originally posted by arkwright

I seem to remember getting an invitation to Haydock many years ago. They were offering a free betamax video recorder if you attended and sat through a presentation. As we already had a vhs recorder we passed, that's how long ago it was.

(Wright) about the time of the ark I would suggest.
At 11.25 pm  it`s the best I can offer.

Tiredness kills so I am taking a break.

Doggy50k

quote:

Just a quick point - betamax was actually better quality than VHS, it was merely the fact that VHS was "plumped for" by certain major players in the manufactuing industry that it eventually won out.

That said - Blue-Ray has recently won out against HD, for no other reason than the fact that for so long the PS3 which plays Blue-Ray was cheaper than any Blue-Ray or HD player.  You can now pick up a Blue-Ray player for about £200 and a HD player for £40.

[}:)]
"You know; the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

Mavo

quote:
Originally posted by Doggy50k

quote:

Just a quick point - betamax was actually better quality than VHS, it was merely the fact that VHS was "plumped for" by certain major players in the manufactuing industry that it eventually won out.

That said - Blue-Ray has recently won out against HD, for no other reason than the fact that for so long the PS3 which plays Blue-Ray was cheaper than any Blue-Ray or HD player.  You can now pick up a Blue-Ray player for about £200 and a HD player for £40.

[}:)]

Thanks for that Graham.
I must add it to the notes in my Filofax.[}:)]

tonyc

That was very interesting Graham.  Care to join me on a trip round the London Underground system some time?

Boss Man

And I give you points for this dross !

arkwright

I wondered where all this was going, but now I see, they get points for posting even if it's not a reply to the original poster. Perhaps the boss man should deduct points instead!!!

brain research tells us that only twenty percent of human beings have a sense of irony, which means that eighty percent of the world takes everything at face value.

Doggy50k

Cheers for that Arkwright - It is not often that the moderators wander off topic and I am sure that the boss was being a little tongue in cheek over it.

That said - perhaps if you became a financially supporting member we could give you points for your contributions?

Anyway - I have deducted the points from myself, Mavo and Tony accordingly.

[:p]
"You know; the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

Doggy50k

Oh yes - nearly forgot - with just a month to go it looks like nobody stands a chance of catching Newshound...

tonyc

Doggy

Making a posting giving notification that you are taking a point off yourself (and Tom and me) is a crafty way of getting the point back.  To then post a "PS" about Newshound is an even better scam.  Just like me posting this is a way of getting my point back.

Suggest you deduct a further point from me for this message and TWO further points from you for your gamesmanship with the your posts.

brucebb

Why don't you save yourself some pain, grab a handful of sand and rub it vigorously into your eyes for five minutes, then wash it all out with lemon juice. Repeat six times. Alternatively take CLCs offer up and find out what the word 'ouch' really means.