Is CLC a UK Registered Company??

Started by Loubylou, July 01, 2009, 16:09:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Loubylou

Hiya All

Keeping it short I'm another sucker who fell for the "you've been awarded a holiday" line.  I paid my £99 reservation fee and that's when (and only when) the ********s informed me of the sales presentation that was a mandatory part of our trip.
I immediately tried all I could to contact them by phone and email to no avail so found an address in London and sent a letter by recorded post saying I wanted to invoke my cooling off period and have a refund.  Can't get a response.  
Speaking to citizens advice etc etc and looks like they can only do something if CLC are UK registered and even then iffy as they are timeshare.  I got a load of forms and stuff off CLC but all have Spanish addresses on so bnot hopeful.

Just wondered if I could still chase this and if anyone else has any experience of getting in touch with them?

PS can't even take holiday now as didn't fax back the forms saying how much we earned in time (were still thinking we would get a refund off a so called reputable company backed by Gloria bloody Hunniford).  If we could have gone we'd have had a field day trying to disrupt the presentation and put other people off.

So anyone got any ideas or advice?  

Thanks

Louise

costalot

Hi there,welcome to the club!!!
Have found an address from a couple of years ago.

Registered Head Office:
Monmouth House,
33 North Quay,
Douglas
Isle of Man
1M1 4LB
British Isles.

Company reg. No. in Isle of Man 85978C

Whether that counts as been registered in UK not sure.

Is 99 pounds all that you have paid ?

Loubylou

Great thanks for that costalot. The £99 is what I have paid but it just cheeses me off that they sucked me in!  I really thought these were genuine people. Grrrrr.  Hope they have trouble sleeping at night karma will get them in the end!

Simoncc

Got this info off the CLC website:

Club La Costa (UK) PLC
1st Floor
50 Colindeep Lane
London
NW9 6HB

Tel: 0208 205 6111
Fax: 0208 358 4111

VAT Number: GB 001 741 037
Company Registered number: 3123199

I'm not excusing CLC's tactics but why did you think that you were being offered a holiday for just £99 if there was to be no catch?

Did CLC initially contact you over the phone or did you originally complete a survey/scratchcard? Any info you can provide could stop others being caught unawares.

Keitht

quote:
Originally posted by Simoncc

Did CLC initially contact you over the phone or did you originally complete a survey/scratchcard? Any info you can provide could stop others being caught unawares.

I received a call from CLC a couple of weeks ago.  It seems my wife responded to a 'Holiday Questionnaire' whilst at a new shopping centre!!  Thankfully they soon b******d off when I told them that I already owned timeshare and was about to visit a CLC site.  I may have given them the impression that I actually owned CLC - shame that [:D]