October 22, 2019, 20:09:55

Yay, Off to Laugharne

Started by neil1702, July 31, 2009, 16:11:34

Previous topic - Next topic

neil1702

We're off to Laugharne tomorrow.
Can't wait.
Last went three years ago and had a great time.
It may not be a marriott, but it's clean, friendly and kids love it. We've tried a few different places (latest was Butlins with Tesco clubbcard vouchers) and I have to say, for British resorts, Seasons really are pretty good.
Don't care if it rains, just a week away from work with the family is all I want.

Val

We went last year ad the area is great.  It wasn't though our sort of timeshare.  Hope they have demolished the very old chalets as you enter the site.  Most looked like they were falling down and gave a very poor impression.

cariad

The old units are still there, but hopefully not for long. The plans are to remove and rebuild the entire accommodation on the site to a very high standard.
IMHO  Laugharne Park is a magical location with lots of interesting place to visit, within easy reach.  I for one am really looking forward to the new improved facilities.

neil1702

Apparently the reason why they've been there fro so long is partly related to the people in the council estate on the other side of the hill objecting to various plans that have been put forward.
We had a fantastic week again, this time in one of the newer lodges - slightly bigger and fab view across the estuary.
Plenty of stuff for the kids to do, but the most popular place was the beach! This time we visited the National Showcaves of Wales, wwhich was also a pretty good day out - especially as it was raining.
We'll be back in a couple of years