Heritage 3 Year Pack

Started by angie b, October 14, 2010, 17:01:57

Previous topic - Next topic

angie b

Has anyone had a good experience purchasing the 3 year introductory membership with heritage? after reading comments posted on this site i am now starting to panic. My final balance is due on 26.10.10.(total paid will be nearing 4000)
we were never made aware of any cooling off period and it is now 19 days since signing and Norman has started calling but i have not answered his calls, as i am still trying to research this on the internet.Am i being too gullible to believe what we were told at Matchroom by Chug (who told us he was the manager)? or can anyone reasure me that we will get our free week at anytime and then purchase extra weeks at prices from 85. Does anyone think we will get value for money if only for this trial period?
For those of you who who have posted messages, where and what information did you find to make you want to withdraw?

Willself

Three year deals are very POOR!! It would  be more beneficial to rent..10 weeks of Rental
in A.1 bed sleep 4 over that period would be no more than 2,240.Two Thousand Two Hundred
and Forty Pounds Sterling. and Only 3,360.in A.2.Bed Unit sleep.6.Max. for the same period.Thats Three Thousand Three Hundred and Sixty Pounds.Sterling..BY  my reconning, a Saving of some 640.pounds!! Granted you might NOT have access to the HERITAGE.resorts..but a small price to pay..by Avoiding Sales Presentations, every time you go on Holiday.

Rene

Hi,

We signed up for the 3 year (well 35 months so it avoids all timeshare legislation!) trial membership. We also had Chug who told us he was the manager. We paid our deposit with the remainder due 3 or 4 weeks later. We knew straight away we had made a mistake and wanted to cancel. We returned to the match room only to be told we couldn't as 'we had brought a product' and there was no cooling off period (due to the 35 month membership it mitigates any timeshare legislation). We returned home and had calls from Norman, and like you began research in the internet. We sent a letter recorded delivery within 10 days of signing up stating we wanted to cancel, I don't know if this actually made any difference as this product doesn't have a cool off period. I gather from other posts you will have difficultly getting additional week from 85 - 350, so basically you will be paying 4000 for one weeks holiday.

I advise you to not pay the remaining balance and ignore all calls from Norman. We have not had any other form of communication from them other than phone calls (which we don't answer). We found this website really useful with a lot of good advice:
http://www.timeshare.org.uk

If you paid your deposit on a credit card you may be able to get it back via the visa/mastercard voluntary code, this is called claw back or charge back. You need to contact your credit card company directly, be persistant as they will often say they don't do it, but it is your right to request the credit card company to claw back the money on your behalf. They should then send you a form to complete. There is also information on claw back and charge back on www.moneysavingexpert.com.

Hope this helps.

Willself

RENE.
Thats an excellent response..pleased you put it there, I knew it to be True, however feel others might think i am bias, because i sell Resort-Rentals..Yes there is a clause under
the Credit-Consumer Act.think its No.75. in which you are entitled to make such a claim.
Always remembering if you do not get satisfaction from your Credit-card provider..you can always take it to the Banking Ombudsman..Thanks Again.

urbanlet

my advise would not buy anything from these cowboys
they told us a pack of lies and are still now ringing us to see if we can give them names and numbers of our friends i might have been conned once but as they say once bitten and all that

Willself

Exactly!! urbanlet..Seems to me..Only crooks prosper..just seen the TV programme.
WATCHDOG..21/10/10..How do they get-away..with such Tripe!! Un-believable..or should i say
It beggars..Belief..

urbanlet

i paid 17k how stupid was I

Willself

OMG..Really?? urbanlet..1 hope you are endevouring to re-claim your monies back..

May i ask? How far down the road are you with these Bandits!!

urbanlet

im at a standstill they dont want to know and i dont know where else to go
they told me so many lies i cant begin to tell you
as yet ive not paid any service charges but im guessing when the time comes on jan 1st they are going to be more than the 500 they told me
any ideas would be most welcome

Willself

urbanlet..
1 am sure you are aware that people like the CAB..are very helpful, a number of Solicitors
offer Free Consultations..Trust you made payments by CC..what have they said/done to Help?
Members Here are very knowledge-able..read as many threads as you can..
While WATCHDOG..ran an item last evening 21/10/10.On another timeshare issue..never hurts to drop them a line..Trust that has given you 1 or 2 idea's..Good Luck..

REPMATS

quote:
Originally posted by angie b  

I would suggest that you do not deal with Heritage at all. We were told that Lakeland Village in the Lakes was their HQ.I have written confirmation from them that this is not true and all Heritage have is options on a few weeks in the year so availability is very restricted. The same is true at Lincoln where they have an option on 1 room only. We were told the I.C.E. GALLERY would allow us cheap rental-not true and that membership was $3000-not true it is $299.
They agreed to take our existing timeshares in exchange for CHI membership but have not done so.If you pay anything do so with a credit card since they are jointly responsible. We are about to take legal action against them under section 75 CCC ACT 1974, BUT VIA THE CREDIT CARD company.

Has anyone had a good experience purchasing the 3 year introductory membership with heritage? after reading comments posted on this site i am now starting to panic. My final balance is due on 26.10.10.(total paid will be nearing 4000)
we were never made aware of any cooling off period and it is now 19 days since signing and Norman has started calling but i have not answered his calls, as i am still trying to research this on the internet.Am i being too gullible to believe what we were told at Matchroom by Chug (who told us he was the manager)? or can anyone reasure me that we will get our free week at anytime and then purchase extra weeks at prices from 85. Does anyone think we will get value for money if only for this trial period?
For those of you who who have posted messages, where and what information did you find to make you want to withdraw?

Mavo

Now I wonder who could be possibly wanting to chop negative posts out of this thread.
Unfortunately the attempt has only highlighted the desparation of someone to remove those posts.

Life can be such a bitch at times[;)]

Willself

Exactly MAVO.

Not A  Happy Bunny!!..LOL

urbanlet

am i a dumbo i dont now what you mean

Mavo

quote:
Originally posted by urbanlet

am i a dumbo i dont now what you mean

On some sites certain words can be used by any subscriber to delete posts.

The person posting CHOP with a quote from another poster was hoping that it would remove that post. The post they were hoping to chop out was critical of the performance of Heritage.
Now we must ask ourselves why anybody with a balanced and honest view would wish to remove critical posts like the one below?

I would suggest that you do not deal with Heritage at all. We were told that Lakeland Village in the Lakes was their HQ.I have written confirmation from them that this is not true and all Heritage have is options on a few weeks in the year so availability is very restricted. The same is true at Lincoln where they have an option on 1 room only. We were told the I.C.E. GALLERY would allow us cheap rental-not true and that membership was $3000-not true it is $299.
They agreed to take our existing timeshares in exchange for CHI membership but have not done so.If you pay anything do so with a credit card since they are jointly responsible. We are about to take legal action against them under section 75 CCC ACT 1974, BUT VIA THE CREDIT CARD company.