Timeshare Elimination

Started by steve, November 07, 2010, 22:56:45

Previous topic - Next topic

steve

<font color="navy">>http://www.timeshareelimination.co.uk</font id="navy">

Ways to Escape the Timeshare Trap

Give it back: One big shock some timeshare owners face comes when they hit the point at which they just want to get rid of their timeshare and don't care if they get any money for it. Many have found that the timeshare resort often won't even take the timeshare back for free. Why? this is well -known as the Timeshare Trap. The timeshare resort knows it'll have just as much trouble selling the unit as you, and it would rather continue to collect your yearly maintenance fees than take back the timeshare.

Ways to Escape the Timeshare Trap Elimination of your Timeshare in four easy steps.

Elimination of your Timeshare in four easy steps.

step 1:     Maintenance paid up to date

Step 2:     Yourselves and Timeshare Elimination sign the deeds  then you post the deeds to the resort enclosing a cheque for the resort transfer fee.

Step 3:     Your  resort will confirm to you that you are no longer the owner and no longer liable for the maintenance fees.

Step 4:     Only then do you pay us our service charge fee.

NOW YOU ARE FREE OF YOUR TIMESHARE, SIMPLE AS THAT!

Value: We have the lowest service charge fee within the industry.

Confidence: No bad publicity within the timeshare industry forums.       

Timeshare Elimination provided an excellent service. The process of transfer of the timeshare was fully and professionally explained at our home with no high pressure sales presentation.  Following agreement of the terms and conditions the transfer process proceeded without any problems and we have now disposed of our timeshare and this has been confirmed by the Trustees.  We would certainly recommend Timeshare Elimination to anyone wishing to dispose of an unwanted timeshare. Best regards I.W North Wales

Please call 01492 643203 or enquire on our e mail info@timeshareelimination.co.uk further information and we would be delighted to speak with you!

UK BUSINESS BASED IN NORTH WALES. Timeshare Elimination UK, 2nd floor office, 16 Station Road, Llanwrst, Conwy, North Wales, LL26 0EP.Telephone 01492 643 203

Timeshare Elimination.co.uk is a member of the Federation of Small Businesses. www.fsbonline.co.uk

steve

Carolinian, are you deliberately not including this discussion if so why?.

Here is another discussion on Timeshare Elimination on this site:
http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk/index.php?topic=12082.0

Carolinian

Oh?  The one where you pose as a client of Timeshare Elimination instead of someone who obviously has much more of an interest in this company than that?  Neat trick!  Someone else on that thread observed that readers needed to beware of anyone claiming to be a client of such a company.  Oh, yeah, and why did you not mention that the thread you keep posting happens to be in SHARK ALLEY?

Quote from: Timeshare Insider on March 01, 2011, 00:24:03
Carolinian, are you deliberately not including this discussion if so why?.

Here is another discussion on Timeshare Elimination on this site:
http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk/index.php?topic=12082.0

Norm de Plume

Perhaps it is time for people to be more open about their reasons for coming onto this forum.  Personally I have no axe to grind or anything to sell.  I do not own a timeshare, and never would.  I  am a retired barrister and deputy judge who has got involved because my sister (ignoring my advice) became a "victim" of John Palmer's machinations.  She is, in my view, well out of it as a result.  I have continued to be involved to try and help others with free legal advice.  The involvement of some others seems to be not quite so altruistic.
If you have found the advice I have given useful and I have saved you some money, perhaps you would like to make a donation to the Prostate Cancer Charity, mentioning my name. (www.prostatecanceruk.org)

Morpheus

Good call there!

My background is that I have owned timeshare since 1985, and been a victim of mis-selling. But we are still timeshare owners and do not regret our original investment, having done some amazing exchanges. Until a few months ago we owned four weeks, all in RCI Points, and had travelled across the globe with our points.

I am also an active member of, and am a committee member and webmaster of MORPS (the RCI Points Owners Group), and have been so for nearly ten years. As such I have been involved, both online and by phone, in helping people unpick problems, avoid scammers and handle resort problems. One of the other MORPS Committee Members is a member director of RCI Points (and is a member here) with even more experience at this work.

I also track similar problems on the Tenerife Forum and a consumer's website, usually providing first-line help when relevant, and pointing people here.

Personally, I hate scammers with a passion, as they have hugely damaged the reputation of timeshare - a great product damaged by greed (sales teams, developers and RCI's), scammers and crooks.

However - a commercial factor here. We were paying far more to maintain our three timeshare weeks in Tenerife than our ANNUAL charges to the community in which we now own a studio. And our studio is right next door to the resort we used to own in, and is as near as makes no difference identical to the ones there! So first I tried to hand the weeks back. Despite being told in 2009 that this would happen if I asked, this had changed by the start of 2010. So for months throughout 2010 I tried and failed to find a buyer for these weeks. I advertised with companies, on eBay at 99p for the three weeks, and on the MORPS website - all to absolutely no effect when people realised the annual costs.

So at the end of 2010 I used Timeshare Elimination to divest myself of three weeks in Tenerife. It goes without saying that I only paid TE when the resort confirmed in writing that the transfer of ownership was complete! I hear what many have said about TE here and was extremely cynical all through, but they seem to have done what they claimed. I have the email from the resort confirming I am no longer the owner of the weeks, received no invoice in January and have had my access to their website disabled.

We still own a prime red week in Scotland (though it may well be unceded from RCI Points sometime soon and put into DAE as RCI's costs are starting to be a problem too. I know this means we will still have to pay the 2012 RCI fees but we have so many points still to use up that we would anyway.

So far we find DAE's transparency and low costs refreshing - it seems that there are no hidden exchanges or inventory with DAE, and while the volume is lower, you always know what is possible. I particularly like the ability to exchange into private as well as timeshare units, as it broadens the choices available, and the simple week-for-week exchange. I also like seeing the confirmed exchanges as it gives you a flavour of the possible level of options in future years.

Why am I still active here? I said it before, I hate scammers who prey on people like our parents, and have tried it on with me more often than I can count. And if I can help people avoid the greedy, treacherous or criminal, then I will!
Long time member of MORPS (www.morps.org) the RCI Points owners group.
Experienced timesharer

If you LIKE the advice any member gives, please feel free to click the "APPLAUD" by their name and details on the left. It makes us feel valued.

Carolinian

Morpheus - Who were your weeks transfered to?  In the US, the PCC's usually convey weeks to limited liability companies with no assets other than those timeshare weeks and with names like Van Drivers Consulting or Ludders Wine.  Each PCC seems to have multiple LLC's that they convey weeks to, and of course, the LCC's do not pay HOA's maintenance fees.

Also, what were you charged for this ''service''?  The PCC's in the US typically charge ~$3,000 per week but give a discount for multiple weeks.  The amount of the discount seems to be nrgotiable.

Morpheus

Hi

The transfer of the weeks cost me (from memory) £690 or thereby, and was only paid after the resort had confirmed transfer. And only then 14 days after that confirmation.

The week was transferred into the name of one of the directors of TE from what I saw, not a shell company. Even though the resort had stitched us up over the years, I wanted to end our involvement sensibly and would have been nervous at any shell company game.
Experienced timesharer

If you LIKE the advice any member gives, please feel free to click the "APPLAUD" by their name and details on the left. It makes us feel valued.

steve

Quote from: Norm de Plume on March 01, 2011, 10:05:39
Perhaps it is time for people to be more open about their reasons for coming onto this forum.  Personally I have no axe to grind or anything to sell.  I do not own a timeshare, and never would.  I  am a retired barrister and deputy judge who has got involved because my sister (ignoring my advice) became a "victim" of John Palmer's machinations.  She is, in my view, well out of it as a result.  I have continued to be involved to try and help others with free legal advice.  The involvement of some others seems to be not quite so altruistic.

Hi Norm de Plume,
When my wife bought me to the attention of Timeshare Elimination, I was so impressed I bought into the company".

jmac

Lots of arguments over who is  being open and honest, or not mentioning they work for the company.  But does anyone have examples of TE failing to do as they promise, or of paying the fee but still discovering later they still own the week after all?   That's the critical test!

eneri

If you read through the -''Timeshare-Disposal-relinquishment''- thread it might help answer your question but raise a few more.

Carolinian

Quote from: Morpheus on March 02, 2011, 18:05:20

The week was transferred into the name of one of the directors of TE from what I saw, not a shell company. Even though the resort had stitched us up over the years, I wanted to end our involvement sensibly and would have been nervous at any shell company game.

Wonder where it went from there?

Some of the earlier PCC's (this type of pay-them-to-take-your-timeshare companies) in the US used deeds to individuals, but most now seem to use the shell companies.  One of them which was active in coastal North Carolina had their deeds go to a person with an Indian name but recited that it was in some representative capacity.  When they conned people into paying them to take a week with a market value and then sold it, that Indian deeded it to the new buyer, again reciting a representative capacity.  That PCC has now been defunct for a number of years and when they vanished, there were still quite a few weeks in that Indian's name.  After getting bad press or too much attention from state Attorney Generals, PCC's in the US often change their names and go right back into the business.  One other early PCC on the west coast put deeds into the name of a woman employee or officer, who I suspect did not have enough personal assets to be worth suing.  That PCC is now also defunct.

Did you have an attorney look at the deed to make certain it is valiid to pass title?  One thing I have noticed about most PCC deeds in eastern North Carolina is that they used unqualified out of state timeshare closing companies to prepare their deeds and almost all of the deeds to even their shell companies are not valid to pass title in North Carolina.  I have often wondered if this is deliberate or just the result of using cheap but unqualified help.

You also need to be aware that pushback from HOA's and management companies may be coming in Europe just as it now is in the US.  A recent issue of Timesharing Today magazine had an article about how a number of timeshare management companies were now telling members that if they entered into these PCC transactions, the HOA would sue both the PCC and the member for a fraudulent transaction.

brandoal

To whom this may concern:

This is simply a template I have created to fully explain what we here
at the VO Group do for people in need of assistance regarding a
timeshare crisis.  If you feel as though you have been pressured or
coerced into a situation or have been misrepresented or misled by a
timeshare sales person and want to get out or reduce your debt we are
here to help.

Our CEO used to be a bigwig with a large timeshare corp and saw the
misrepresentation and fraud around him.  Because of what he witnessed
he decided to become a thorn in the behind to this company instead of
being a part of the problem.

How do we help?

We offer resolutions to people who have been misrepresented at
absolutely NO COST.

Example:

There are many examples of how I have personally pointed people in the
right direction and was able to ultimately relieve them of their
financial stress related to their timeshare.

Lets say  you have gone to a Cocktail Party or Owner Update Meeting
and have expressed anger due to your Maintenance Fees.  The sales
person offers a solution by having you purchase more points to rent to
other people in order to offset your maintenance fees.  You purchase
the other points only to discover  you can not rent your property and
your maintenance fees have actually increased drastically and you are
having difficulty contacting your sales rep who talked you into this
situation.   This is a classic example of misrepresentation and fraud.
This is also a situation we can help you get out of.   In many cases
we can seek a resolution that will lower your current debt and as a
result lower your maintenance fees and points to a level that is
comfortable for you.

Examples of Fraud/Misrepresentation

You were told your purchase will increase in value
You were told you could rent your weeks to make a profit or offset
your maintenance fees
You were unaware it is a law for you to sign a paper clearly defining
your rescission period and this is clearly explained to you.
Any discussion that you must buy that day or you will not get the same
offer of perks or pricing
If your timeshare tour was supposed to only last 60-90 minutes and
your salesperson forced you to stay much longer
If you were told you missed an owner meeting, dinner party, transition
meeting,  or any other meeting that prevented you from taking
advantage of options that other owners received
If there were promises of tax incentives with mortgage interest,
business write-offs or other payments for the purchase of a timeshare
If all the closing documents were not explained thoroughly and copies
of ALL documents were not provided
If you were signed up for a credit card, delayed payment program, or
interest rate modification with out your knowledge

If any of the above apply to you and you currently owe debt  directly,
there could be options we can help you with.

Please send an email to the below address with the following information.

Timeshare Company
Current Debt
Current Points
Current Maintenance Fees

Discuss in detail how you feel as though you were misrepresented and
placed in the situation you wish to have fixed.

Please contact me asap so we can get the ball rolling.

Brandon J Allen VOGroup 615-457-3000 ext: 1038
Brandon . Allen @ vogroup.net
www . vogroup.net

Morpheus

Experienced timesharer

amandae

Associations should take aggressive action to prevent or to frustrate Transfer Company scams prior to issuing an estoppel certificate or transferring ownership in an Association's books and records," says Timeshare Elimination UK. "Associations should require detailed information about the proposed transferee including any pre-existing relationships that person or entity might have with the Transfer Company and contact information for a representative of the entity so the bona fides of the transfer can be discussed with a real, live person. These actions go beyond typical association due diligence on transfers, but are justified and perhaps required by the nature of the scam."