A Visit to Bodrum, Turkey: Barracudas and Belly Dancers

GoNomad Bot

« on: November 21, 2010, 19:00:15 »

I’d heard rave reviews of Bodrum’s Karia Princess Hotel from a friend who’d attended a conference there last year. “You’ll be treated like royalty,” he’d said.

So I was momentarily surprised by its modest (though certainly nice) exterior. Once inside, however, the Karia Princess exceeded expectation.

I, along with a few fellow conference attendees who shared a cab from the airport, were greeted by staff bearing exotic drinks, and cool, wet towels.

En route to my room, I passed two swimming pools (three if you include the children’s pool), a giant chess set, a marble pool-side bar, a clay tennis court, lush gardens, and as much polished stone as I’d ever encountered outside Washington, DC. I much prefer the sort whose maintenance I am not obligated to finance.

Prior to the official start of this year's conference, several of us took a boat trip into the startlingly turquoise waters of the Aegean. We lounged on a pillow-covered section of the upper deck introducing ourselves as the boat from Aquapro Diving Center made its way from Bodrum’s busy marina to a small cove.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/gonomad/~3/Ev2e88Lc1uQ/turkey-bodrum.html