Fees 2011

Gordon Dickson

Fees 2011
« on: December 01, 2010, 10:19:05 »
Fess have now arrived. What does everybody think of a 5% increase when facilities have not changed?
no real progress on new build and apt have had nothing spent on them.
our only benefit seems to be the exchange rate up from 103ish in Jan 2010 on the euro to about 115 this December so by pure chance an overall reduction in money due in pounds £814 ish pounds to £765 ;D but still high fees  ???

Mavo

Re: Fees 2011
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 13:07:43 »
Fess have now arrived. What does everybody think of a 5% increase when facilities have not changed?
no real progress on new build and apt have had nothing spent on them.
our only benefit seems to be the exchange rate up from 103ish in Jan 2010 on the euro to about 115 this December so by pure chance an overall reduction in money due in pounds £814 ish pounds to £765 ;D but still high fees  ???

Any developers engaging in new build in the current climate of uncertainty would need their collective heads examining.
 It is also highly unlikely that any bank would lend the money for such a program given the recent sub prime revelations.

With regards to apartments not having anything spent on them. I do not know about other developers but we returned last night from Sunset Bay where virtually the whole of bloque J and bloque K was being refurbished and by refurbished I mean taken back to the bare shell and everything refitted. Floors ,walls, electrics, plugs, sockets and lighting, air conditioning, new bathrooms, new kitchens. All new furnishings including new beds and mattresses. The new mattresses were being passed up and taken through the spaces soon to be filled with new patio doors as we sat having a last drink at the top pool bar. I had a wander around one of the nearly completed apartments and I can assure you that the finish will be not to the usual Spanish standard but to Diamond standard.

That is what we Diamond members pay for - Not to maintain the poor standards of the former company but to upgrade to the new higher standard of Diamond and I for one am quite happy to be paying a slightly above inflation increase in order to allow the company to make that happen. We have to hope that other developers will follow that lead as there is no doubt that over recent years the hotels have upped their game and package holidays have become closer to the resort experience of timeshare users.

Lastly. What facilities would you like to see change that would and could benefit the majority of the membership and could be achieved within a recessionary budget?

I can assure you that all ideas from members are read by the company execs at Diamond and explored as to their feasibility.
 I wonder how many other developers tap in to their membership via the internet portals?
 I apologise that this is not a Diamond thread but I do feel it is so relevant to the industry to point out certain things above. 

I am not connected to the Diamond company in any way other than being a member. I just happen to think and believe that what we are getting now is far superior to what we had to look forward to under the previous ownership and that perhaps other developers could follow suit.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 14:09:39 by Mavo »

Gordon Dickson

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 15:57:15 »
Hi Mavo
           I am also a diamond member and await their fees, I pay both Regency and Diamond and this thread was to allow Regency members to air their views, good or bad I also posted a reply in the diamond thread re fees, was this a sutle way of promoting Diamond lol ;D

Mavo

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 18:51:36 »
Certainly not a Diamond advert Gordon.
 I have just got back in the early hours of today and still trying to find my way around the new site.
 I did find your post on the Diamond forum about the fees but could not then find it again (when some advertiser of copy/pirate trainers filled the pages with spam) and I posted on this thread by mistake and so had to cover my tracks a little by editing so I suppose it does look a little strange.

I do feel that what Diamond does has relevance to other developers and would hope that in future years Diamond becomes the developer that (or should that be who?) all others measure themselves against.

Willself

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 20:11:49 »
MAVO..

We  All know that  you are A diamond Geezer!!lol..Hope you enjoyed your little break before Xmas..

Gordon Dickson

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 09:22:18 »
Mavo
        I agree some developers and timeshare companies can learn from Diamond, the way they are trying to change / upgrade accom maybe REGENCY C C should visit new refurbed apts and get some ideas.
But £ for £ Regency are charging alot more for holidays with what seems VERY slow progress :(

Gordon Dickson

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 10:43:14 »
Checked 2010 payment for our 2 beds 838 euro went through at 105,  in pounds £798, just  paid 2011 invoice 880 euro went through at 114,  in  pounds £772 small mercy a reduction of £26 or a few beers :D for our break away from the cold weather  in Jan :)
no other comments on this thread so I take it everybody seems to be ok with the  increase/decrease dependending on when they paid and the exchange rate at the time   

paulyd

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 20:37:33 »
hi sorry to change the subject abit but i have just come back from the regency country club and have been talked into buying a time share. i have still got 12 days to decide weather to go through with it. its a 2 week 1 bed in august for 5 years could someone tell me how much i should be paying for this and what the real annual costs are has i no sales reps tend to twist things a little bit. please get back to me as quick as possible many thanks paul.

Billyboy

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 17:41:17 »
Have you looked up the cost of the same timeshare on the resale market?
Are you aware that timeshare has almost NO resale value.
How much have you agreed to pay?
regards,
billyboy.

PeterMatthews15

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 21:54:59 »
Fees for Garden Lago in Mallorca (with Diamond Resorts) now gone to £806.54 for 2 weeks PLUS £151.52 for sinking fund PLUS £61.30 for prior year debt recovery. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!! PLUS nearly £200 for late payment!!! Grand total or £1223.23.