Macdonalds Resorts, UK & Spain.

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2004, 05:33:58 »
Further to my previous post, I have set up a forum for Macdonald owners who are having problems at http://www.macd.ecclesweb.co.uk

This has not been set up in competition with Timeshare Talk, but is there just to focus on the on the problems that Macdonald timeshare owners are having.  I am sure there are a lot of you out there.

If you have any suggestion for the forum, please feel free to post them.

Keitht

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2004, 09:04:59 »
quote:
Originally posted by eccles

Update:

We have now received a telephone message from the debt collection agency asking us to call them.  What to do next is the question.  Any polite suggestions gratefully received.

Contact the agency immediately.  Don't bury your head in the sand as this will not go away.  Tell them the situation and that you are asking Macdonalds to take the unit back.  That will hopefully give you a bit of breathing space at least.  You may now find that even if Macdonalds are prepared to take the unit back you will have to bear the costs of the debt collection agency.

I cannot stress too strongly that time is of the essence here.  You must be seen to be trying to get things sorted.

Offline Boss Man

• The Boss Man
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2005, 10:09:08 »
quote:
Originally posted by eccles

Further to my previous post, I have set up a forum for Macdonald owners who are having problems at http://www.macd.ecclesweb.co.uk

This has not been set up in competition with Timeshare Talk, but is there just to focus on the on the problems that Macdonald timeshare owners are having.  I am sure there are a lot of you out there.

If you have any suggestion for the forum, please feel free to post them.

Eccles,

Don't worry we won't see you as competition. We support owners groups all the way. Please let your members know about Timesharetalk though if you can and we will return likewise.

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2005, 10:41:29 »
Thanks for the comment.  There is a link to this forum on the one I have set up.  This forum has been exteremly useful to me, as you begin to imagine that you're the only person who is having a problem with a particular timeshare company.  Keep up the great work.

For anyone else who has been reading this thread and my particular problem, things have moved on and it looks as though I have reached a settlement with Macdonald Resorts.  I will be putting more info onto the Macdonald Owners site when I am sure everything has gone through.

My philosophy has been "Never give up or give in" and for me it seems to have worked.

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2005, 06:53:42 »
Hopefully a final update on my situation.  I have posted an item under news at http://www.macd.ecclesweb.co.uk/ where you can see the most recent correspondence I have had with Network Credit Services and Macdonald Resorts.

The end of a nightmare.

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2006, 12:21:39 »
quote:
Originally posted by online

July 8 2004
I only wish Macdonald ownwers realised the power that they really hold over the developer. If they could only gather en-masse, use all their voting Rights  together, this would soon bring the developer,managment company,rental company,re-sale company to their knees.
At such a crucial stage of  "Aviemore The Resort" the last thing Macdonalds need is full scale revolt of the existing member base.
With the continuing failure of Options this members base and rental programme is the only guarnteed income they have. - Macdonald Owners

Has everyone forgotten that in perpetuity means lifetime! On one hand this works very well for continuing to bring in annual maintenance but on the other hand. If someone is not happy with the way in which their owned property is being managed and how much they are overcharged for this service. Then it is high time for a complete revolt!

p.s. If you care enough. post your comments and get the ball rolling.

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2006, 12:28:14 »
quote:
Originally posted by online

July 8 2004
I only wish Macdonald ownwers realised the power that they really hold over the developer. If they could only gather en-masse, use all their voting Rights  together, this would soon bring the developer,managment company,rental company,re-sale company to their knees.
At such a crucial stage of  "Aviemore The Resort" the last thing Macdonalds need is full scale revolt of the existing member base.
With the continuing failure of Options this members base and rental programme is the only guarnteed income they have. - Macdonald Owners

Has everyone forgotten that in perpetuity means lifetime! On one hand this works very well for continuing to bring in annual maintenance but on the other hand. If someone is not happy with the way in which their owned property is being managed and how much they are overcharged for this service. Then it is high time for a complete revolt!

p.s. If you care enough. post your comments and get the ball rolling.

We have owned since 1987 at Plas Talgarth, Lapwing 1, sleeps 6, 2 Bedrooms, 3 bath rooms. The sales people just tell more and more lies and never achieve any form of sale, we have tried to sell for about 6 years now with not even a nibble. Please let me know how to get rid of this damn money pit. I'll never touch any form of time share again.
I have offered it back to them for nothing, with held managment fees but no joy at all!  

Keitht

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2006, 15:50:36 »
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Standen
We have owned since 1987 at Plas Talgarth, Lapwing 1, sleeps 6, 2 Bedrooms, 3 bath rooms. The sales people just tell more and more lies and never achieve any form of sale, we have tried to sell for about 6 years now with not even a nibble. Please let me know how to get rid of this damn money pit. I'll never touch any form of time share again.
I have offered it back to them for nothing, with held managment fees but no joy at all!  

Phil,

Can you expand on what you mean by more and more lies?  Who set the sale price - you or the sales team at the resort?  Is the requested price realistic?
I had been looking on Ebay for a second unit at Plas Talgarth and I saw nothing going for more than £1500 and most was sold at under £1000.  (I'm not currently in the market for a purchase by the way)

Refusing to pay the management fees is likely to end up with you losing the unit AND ending up in court for non payment or having the bailiffs knocking on your door.  

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2007, 10:38:49 »
We have owned two weeks at MacDonalds Dona Lola for six years, we bought because we like the resort and visit it every Spring. Yes service charges have risen from £210.00 pw to £320.00 pw but we only paid £2,000 for both weeks.This means that we are now at break even on ownership v renting, not an investment glory but definately not a mistake.

We bought one week from the on site Points shop and the other from a timeshare resale company. We would never consider doing any deal with the on-site sales people, they are hard faced liars who don't even know that what they are attempting to sell you is vastly over priced. Don't waste your time with them, treat them as you would a timeshare shark who stops you on the street.

Don't leave your brains back home, think before you buy, we did and have enjoyed every stay at Dona Lola and are looking forward to next Spring. Infact if anyone is thinking of giving away say a ground floor apartment in Margareta or one of the beach front ones next to the steps onto the beach look no further.

neillark

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 09:05:24 »
Elmers court Owners

I like many own a week at Elmers court, I have for 3 years made enquiries about joining the owners group but have not exactly been welcomed with open arms. I do not know any other individual owner at the resort so cannot be seconded, when I did write an election letter for the coming election I talked about the need to manage charges and reduce the cost of ownership. I was told that I should not make statements like that and should just talk about myself....

The resort now takes over £25,000 a year for each and every room it manages and suggests it finds it difficult to manage on that budget.. I would suggest that I can manage and update and repair a 4 bedroom house for much, much less that that a year let alone a 1 bed apt!

If there are other owners at Elmers court who are seing the value of their investment plummet each year and be tied in to shocking maintenance charges that increase massivly above inflation each year then message me and we can see what we can do.

tenseven42

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2009, 17:38:28 »
Any past or present Macdonald sales representative who would like to hear information which maybe beneficial to them please contact me via this site or at tenseven42@yahoo.co.uk

tenseven42

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2009, 09:59:13 »
I am compiling a list of people who have experienced the same as the posting by seanwalsh700 at 17.51 16/7/2004 above, and would like to hear from you. please email tenseven42@yahoo.co.uk

tenseven42

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2009, 12:48:28 »
Karoline, or patsy as she calls herself when macdonald owners ring dona lola, spain from england, doesnt learn does she?. maybe by taking the macdonald buy sell scam further will stop her pranks. Macdonald have been pulling the bus/sell scam for years and still doing so

Offline Simoncc

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2009, 14:49:59 »
Tensven,

Your latest post makes little sense. Please clarify the point you are trying to make.

tenseven42

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2009, 11:06:26 »
Karoline, or patsy. Patsy is the name used by karoline who works in the resale office at Dona Lola, Spain. She is very good with emails, both distributing emails relating to other people to 3rd parties and also encouraging emails to be sent by 3rd parties to email accounts. Basically, she is a trouble causer. I stand by my comments re Macdonald using the buy sell scam on clients. If they wish, pursue me in the courts. They know who I am

Offline 56johnmc

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2009, 16:51:21 »
Does Macdonald own your timeshare or are they just the management agents running the resort on the behalf of the owners? I own at Loch Rannoch where the accounts under Macdonald showed in the balance sheet amounts owed as management fees going back into the early 1990s. Clearly these amounts should have been written off under accounting rules but were not. Is this the same at your resorts because if it is then this is a serious breech of accounting rules? Equally if the accounts you are given have been audited by an accounting company such as KPMG then in my opinion they should have qualified the accounts if such debts going back years appear on the balance and have not been written off because of the risk to current and future owners.

Under the constitution at Loch Rannoch, Macdonald should have attempted to reduce the debt caused by non payment by renting or selling the units in default but no information was ever provided of the amounts gained from such sales or rentals nor of how much Macdonald kept as administration fees out of the sums they have received from rentals or sales. In my opinion, a failure to disclose this information in the accounts is a breech of the fiduciary duty Macdonald have with the timeshare owners. This information should be disclosed in the accounts to show how Macdonald are managing non payment of management fees. Does the constitution at your resort have similar requirements regarding the sale or rentals of timeshares in arrears? If it does then you need to ask Macdonald how much they have earned to reduce non payments and how much they have kept.

You need to find out the arrangements at your timeshare and check what Macdonald have been doing. Macdonald do not have a loyalty to the owners but they do have a responsibility to manage the resort properly. If they fail to do so you will have to remove them just like at Loch Rannoch.

tenseven42

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2009, 19:31:34 »
How many Macdonald owners have contacted karoline/patsy, Dona Lola regarding the sale of their timeshare, then 3/4 weeks later get calls from the scam companies....I am collecting evidence

tenseven42

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2009, 19:33:34 »

tenseven42

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2009, 09:43:09 »
re posting from Uncle Zen in active topics, Macdonald resale staff dont have time to sell weeks because they are too busy arranging obnoxious emails to my email account. Jackson the coward thinks he has control of his staff. If only he knew.

tenseven42

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2010, 23:25:40 »
I read this site daily and wonder why when "owners" either about to be/or are scammed by various companies, people such as MAVO, defend companies like Macdonald Hotel and Resorts, who for the last 5 years or so, constantly use the BUY/SELL scam on their existing owners.
MAVO, please see your previous responses to Macdonald entries made by myself and others,my personal email address is tenseven42@yahoo.co.uk   Do not trust the lying, cheating, coward Simon Jackson, MD Macdonalds Hoels ect, he will never pursue me in court, PROVE ME WRONG SIMON, because I have too much evidence on the little P---k and his co workers, some of whom have served time in prison, some of whom are disqualified (bankrupt, yet still give Financial advice daily to clients as a Manager)and some who are unfit to hold any other position, other than there is nowhere else to go. Jules are many things, but Macdonald extract the urine to all their owners.