Owners meeting with rep - sales tactic

John284

Owners meeting with rep - sales tactic
« on: March 13, 2011, 09:45:21 »
 I've been a member\owner of 2 red weeks at Matchroon for around 10 years

At my last meeting with a new rep ( obviously ex Policeman as most seem to be) his sales tactic was to tell me that the Russians & Chinese were desperate for the 3 bed apartments at Matchroom.

The deal he was going to do was as follows - take one or both my 2 bed apt weeks and additional money for 3 beds apartment\s.

I would then be able to sell them back to Matchroom at a profit the following year and that would be a way of reducing the very costly annual maintenance fees ( around £1100 for the 2 weeks for the 2 bed apts).

When I laughed and told him no way and that Matchroom don't buy back and I doubted the story he got a little grumpy and told me that they would come after me if I did not pay the maintenance fees.

I told him that I was happy with the weeks I had - and that it was he who suggested me reducing my maintenance payment by selling a week - a 3 apt week that I still had to buy.

Anyone else got any stories from their meetings

John

John284

Re: Owners meeting with rep - sales tactic
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 09:49:26 »
Can I also add that that Matchroom is well looked after - Gold Crown - probably one of the best - I'll be going back for years.

Dodgy timeshare reps are a big let down - and give the resort a bad name - I don't go on holiday to be lied to.

Willself

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 10:25:39 »
JOHN.

Best Advice!! Avoid them..Simply tell them you are there to enjoy your Hols..And you are Happy with
what you own,,Do not engage them in any way..
If you do have issues, talk to fellow members, not that can  resolve your problems, but you will get a feel
for , how the land lies!!

John284

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 11:34:09 »

Your right -I'm not going to the rep meeting this year.

You get an honest update from other members.

I will also encourage other not to go.

Thanks

bigyin

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 17:05:19 »
I also own timeshare but its in sunset beach club at benalmadena owned here for over 10 years now have had many happy holidays here. I own 1 week in one bedroom and 2 weeks in 2bedroom consecutively three weeks in sep. The reps gave up on me few years ago putting cards under my door for meetings told them am happy i dont want to change to points i have my deeds and i am not changing them but i saved good bit of money for my 2 bedroom buy not buying inhouse lol :D

Mark_DerbyshireUK

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 20:43:50 »
Absolutely DITTO...sadly I took the bait, went back this year to do the deal as instructed and the 'new face' rep and the finance man did all they could to avoid conversation. Norman, the finance man at Matchroom, just gave me a leaflet for a timeshare re-sale company!!

So for anyone else...HERITAGE RESORTS DO NOT HAVE CLIENTS WAITING TO BUY 3 BED UNITS - FROM ANYHWERE!! NEITHER DO THEY HAVE 'CORPORATE CLIENTS' FROM BIG BUSINESS WAITING TO BUY THE 3 BEDS.

It is simply another line to get members to part with more money! 

Ronmet1

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 07:05:25 »
I have been a weeks  owner of a 3 bed roomed apartment at Matchroom for approx 10 yrs, but i am now looking to get out. does anyone have any experience of Heritage taking back the weeks free of charge.

Offline Athena Law Solicitors

• Athena Law Solicitors
Athena Law Solicitors

http://athlaw.co.uk [nofollow]