ANFI - Cancellation due to mis-representation and false sales pitches!

Started by Kimm10, May 09, 2011, 15:33:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Calvin

Any time prior to 2002 I would, and did, recommend Anfi to many people. It was the best one could have.
Since then it has slowly gone down hill due mainly to Bjorn Lyng selling 1/2 the stake to TUI which then went to Santana Cazorla.
Now all Anfi want is MONEY and they have no care for their clients.

I agree with Annie  and would never now recommend that anyone buys into Anfi
>:(

Hayleyfaz

Hi all,

My parents are in court in Gran Canaria on Wednesday with regards to the mis-sold contracts. I'm worried that they'll come out of this worse off but they feel confident with their case!

Will let you know how it goes!!   :o

Cotswolder

My thoughts are my own. Please do not use them without my permission.

Regards,
Cotswolder

annie1610

Hi Hayleyfaz,

Could you tell me what the outcome was, we have just received a letter from Anfi advising they are sending the debt to their UK debt collection agency and we are getting very concerned that this may go further.   We cannot afford a lawyer to help us and understandably are under a lot of stress as to what we are going to do and where we stand.   We will still dispute the contract but it doesn't help the nerves as we aren't sure how far Anfi will go.

Thanks

lexiloo15

hello all,
help required please,
we bought a 1 bed  in puerto outright in 2007 then foolishly up-graded and took out anfi finance in 2010 for Tauro, unfortunetly like a lot of people the economy has resulted with us not being able to pay the finance, we have been in contact with Anfi who told us to either pay up or go into bankruptcy.
we have just received a letter from Anfi telling us to pay the balance, or we will be contacted by a debt recovery service and taken to court, has anybody had the same  and court orders received?
regards
steve.

Norm de Plume

We are not aware of Anfi successfully suing anybody.  Just sit tight and see what happens.  It probably never will.
If you have found the advice I have given useful and I have saved you some money, perhaps you would like to make a donation to the Prostate Cancer Charity, mentioning my name. (www.prostatecanceruk.org)

Calvin

Quote from: lexiloo15 on March 06, 2012, 11:20:12
hello all,
help required please,
we bought a 1 bed  in puerto outright in 2007 then foolishly up-graded and took out anfi finance in 2010 for Tauro, unfortunetly like a lot of people the economy has resulted with us not being able to pay the finance, we have been in contact with Anfi who told us to either pay up or go into bankruptcy.
we have just received a letter from Anfi telling us to pay the balance, or we will be contacted by a debt recovery service and taken to court, has anybody had the same  and court orders received?
regards
steve.

As Norm says, Anfi have made threats to many people but, as yet, there are no known court cases.
Just sit tight and ignore all correspondence.

lexiloo15

Thanks
norm and calvin, the main protaganist at anfi seems to be wayne jowett, who loves to make threats, then we received the letters from angela jones and david gariddo, last one recieved yesterday, funny how they havn`t asked for maintanence fees, havn`t paid them for 2 years.
steve.

Calvin

Quote from: lexiloo15 on March 06, 2012, 11:35:50
Thanks
norm and calvin, the main protaganist at anfi seems to be wayne jowett, who loves to make threats, then we received the letters from angela jones and david gariddo, last one recieved yesterday, funny how they havn`t asked for maintanence fees, havn`t paid them for 2 years.
steve.

Hi Steve,
Maintenance fees are nothing to do with Anfi Sales. These are controlled by the Management Company on behalf of the owners committee. Anfi Sales will not know whether you owe these or not.
It is likely that, after two years non payment on the maintenance fees you week will be registered for forfeiture and then sales will be told.
However, if you stick it out it should, hopefull go away.

I know have met both Wayne Jowett and David Garrido. Both blow a lot of hot air.

annie1610

Hi Steve

My husband and I are in exactly the same postion only we have had the unfortunate "pleasure" of having to deal with Angela Jones, it is obviously part of the standard patter to advise pay up or go bankrupt as that's not far off what we were told.   We have been contacted by the UK debt collection agency but are still fighting them and it is comments from Calvin and Norm de Plume (along with family) that give us the resolve to stand fast and continue to fight.   We've also stated that there are areas for concern relating to them miss-selling but they just keep banging on about the fact that we signed a piece of paper on the day that said they hadn't......not quite sure how they think that this piece of paper gets them out of things that have arisen since we signed the contract last year.   I know it's very distressing but please keep your nerve.
Annette

lexiloo15

Hi Annette,
how did the collections agent contact you ? knock on the door or through the post?
we have had many questions going around in our head, from the 1st days we bought, our salesman was tony van der pute? cant remember the last name properly but was british, never been on a tour like it ran us around the resort in 30mins, thats gran, puerto and beach, plus we had exclusive use of the man made beach!!!, one of many lies. so the fight goes on, weve lost enough sleep on this so no more time to stand up for ourselves.

annie1610

Hi
They actually rang my husband on his mobile as that is the contact number we gave for Anfi to get in touch should it be necessary!!!!!!Bad move, however one of the first things my husband said to them though was that we are in dispute with Anfi on the validity of the contract due to issues that have come about since we signed up last February so if you have issues with being told things that have turned out to be untruths and you haven't already done so advise Anfi in writing that you are disputing the contract.   
We received an email from the collection agency yesterday which gave us another sleepless night but we are now composing a letter to send back to them are also advising that any future correspondence needs to be in writing as we will not respond to emails or telephone calls.   Both my husband and I totally know where you're coming from but keep fighting, try not to let it get to you and I will keep in touch as to how we are managing and if there is any information that we can pass on to you.
I've just noticed your comment about the exclusive use of the man made beach......that's a laugh seeing as every tom dick and harry can come in and use it!!!!!!

annie1610

I have a question for Norm de Plume if you would be so kind, having found the most recent post with regards to non-payment of maintnance fees I saw your post regarding your experience.   I have made note of your previous comments to mine and my husband's current predicament with Anfi and we are standing our ground and holding tight, however having just received further communication from the UK debt collection agency I'm not entirely sure as to whether we should respond advising of our issues with Anfi or ignore.   Any advice you could give us would be greatly appreciated as we want to do what is correct and the overwhelming desire is to ignore any correspondence we receive but we don't want to make things any worse than they currently are.   Thanking you in advance.

Norm de Plume

No harm in writing and repeating your issues with them if you want to.  It probably won't make any difference at this stage.
If you have found the advice I have given useful and I have saved you some money, perhaps you would like to make a donation to the Prostate Cancer Charity, mentioning my name. (www.prostatecanceruk.org)

annie1610

Hi Norm de Plume thank you for your comments, however would you mind elaborating on "it probably won't make any difference at this stage".

Norm de Plume

If they haven't accepted what you are saying by now, they are hardly likely to change their minds.
You've already set out your stall.

annie1610

Right I understand what you're saying. Whilst we advised Anfi that we were unhappy over a number of things and told them that the salesman had told us that we would be able to do certain things which obviously turned out to be untruths, we did not at that point elaborate.   However due to the continual agressive and unpleasant attitude of Angela Jones we refused to enter into any further correspondence with her last year.  Up to now we have tried not to enter into any wrangles with them in the vain hope that they would invoke clause 9 of the contract.

martyboy02

Hello All

It has been a while since I was last here, some some more regular posters will be some glad to see me and some not so pleased.

To those who are going through the Anfi nightmare please do not despair, Anfi can be beaten, I know because I have been there and done it. I even came through the struggle better off by some £1500 in interest payments awarded to me by the FSA.

If you purchased after Nov 2009 and would like some help please feel free to message me.

Check some of my previous posts, I realise what you are going through the stress it puts you under and the impact it has on your other halves, family and friends, please remember you are not alone.

Again if you need any help just ask.
Survivor Of Anfi scammers, willing to help others

Morpheus

Long time member of MORPS (www.morps.org) the RCI Points owners group.
Experienced timesharer

If you LIKE the advice any member gives, please feel free to click the "APPLAUD" by their name and details on the left. It makes us feel valued.

GraveZombie

Hi all,

On the subject of maintenance fee's, we haven't paid them for three years now.  But they still send us a bill every year with late payment fee's added.  We think they are probably automated letters as Anfi never follow them up.  Apparently we owe them 2,064.39 euro's now.

Just to update our court case, we've not heard anything since the last letter which was back in November (2011).  So my advice is, just go along with the form filling and do everything by the book and nothing will come of it.