October 22, 2019, 20:00:34

Resale Fee at Anfi

Started by Calvin, September 14, 2011, 15:33:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Calvin

This week the Anfi Group have raised the fee for a private resale from €160 to €700 for the transaction.

It is hoped the various committees at the resort will fight this as, especially in the case of Anfi Beach Club, this is in breach of the constitution.

Hurray for ANFI in keeping their clients happy  :P

partymonkey

As an ABC owner, I'm fully supporting our committee in fighting this ridiculous increase.   Not that I have any desire to sell at the moment but this charge should not be a barrier to our freedom to sell to and through whomever we want.

The ABC constitution provides for a 'reasonable' increase in fee for the transfer.   In 1992 at the inception of the constitiuon, this charge was £25+VAT.

I have asked the following on  another forum too but will ask the same on the offchance that somebody here can help me.....

Can anyone provide me with the annual ABC maintenence charge percentage increases from 1992 to present day?

confusedabouttimeshare

Anfi Beach Club, Monte, Gran, Puerto, Tauro are all great resorts.  There is no doubt yet again a resort is simply pushing up the transfer of ownership fees to prevent resales happening.  But as partymonkey says a fair increase would be fine but from 160 euros to 700 euros !  not good at all.  :(
Confused About Timeshare, The timeshare resale company

www.confusedabouttimeshare.co.uk

partymonkey

There is another element to this as well.... (quote taken from ABC committee member post on another forum)

Quotethe buyer of the week MUST applies for the N.I.E. (Spanish Fiscal Code) number and to send a copy of it to the customer service

From early investigations, an NIE number is an identity number for foreign nationals buying/selling property in Spain... It seems to be linked in to paying tax to the spanish revenue.     Possibly taxation on the income generated from sale of the week (I'm guessing there)

Investigations are underway.......

Calvin

Quote from: partymonkeyCan anyone provide me with the annual ABC maintenance charge percentage increases from 1992 to present day?

Hi Jon,

Officially ABC started in 1993 and the first AGM was in December 1994 when the original maintenance fees were set and agreed at that meeting.

Since then the norm has been for the fees to increase at a no greater rate than Spanish inflation and, in some years not as much as that.
Additionally there is the element for the 'Replacement Fund' which started at 5.8% of the fee and is now at 14.7% of the fee. This increase is to keep up with the cost of things and,as the resort gets older, more replacements are needed. Such as the current plan to change all the furniture. I think the aim is to max at 15% which seems to be in line with other older resorts.
Almost every year a small extra has been added to the 'Replacement Fund' element which will show as a greater increase than inflation but it is not all normal fees.
Although the RF element started at 5.8% and the next year was 8.8% it then went down to 4.7% in 1996 before slowly rising to its present level.

Both these fees and increases are set and agreed by the committee NOT by Anfi.

partymonkey

Thanks Calvin.

What I was looking to do was to try to apply an annual fair escalator on the original transfer fee that was set in the ABC constitution (£25+VAT).

The ABC constitution makes a provision for a 'reasonable' revision of this fee, not necessarily annually.

My logic was that the annual maintenence increase could be deemed to be a reasonable escalator, but as it is typically around the level of Spanish inflation then I can use that instead.

I do accept that the other club constitutions are set up differently but it seems that the ABC gives most scope for 'people power' :)

I'm sure the committees will be on the case 

Calvin

Unfortunately the word FAIR does not appear in the dictionary used by Anfi Management.  :P
Usually it is "Let's see what we can screw out of the clients next" :'(
If they carry on like this they will become more despised than 'Goldfinger' Palmer.  JMHO

JohnB57

Quote from: Calvin on September 16, 2011, 17:02:22
Unfortunately the word FAIR does not appear in the dictionary used by Anfi Management.  :P
Usually it is "Let's see what we can screw out of the clients next" :'(
If they carry on like this they will become more despised than 'Goldfinger' Palmer.  JMHO

They're already pretty close to that as far as we're concerned and we've owned there for many years.

Anfi management behave like bankers (not a spelling mistake, but a "w" would work just as well) rather than the leisure providers they are. You would imagine they would prioritise making you feel good about owning their product, but are pathologically incapable of doing so.

Between Anfi and RCI, we feel royally shafted.
Timeshare ownership. The natural antidote to diazepam...

Calvin

Hi John,

The management tricks slowly started in 2002 when Anfi went into partnership with TUI but really kicked in when TUI got out and Santana Cazorla got involved.
Now they just want money, money, money and damn the customers :'( :'( :'(

JohnB57

Absolutely Calvin. We've owned there since 1996 and have seen all of the sly tricks and subterfuge. They get away with these things because folks are terrified of being sued, even though what they do is often in breach of contract and owners have little individual power.

Such a great place too. Very sad.
Timeshare ownership. The natural antidote to diazepam...

carolyn

We are currently looking to find a way out of our Anfi timeshare.  We visited ITRA in Chester yesterday to start legal action re being mis sold to but even if we are successful we will still own at Anfi.  Any suggestions as to how to get out of Anfi without it costing us another arm and leg!!! :(

Calvin

Quote from: carolyn on September 19, 2011, 10:35:03
We are currently looking to find a way out of our Anfi timeshare.  We visited {banned word/phrase} in Chester yesterday to start legal action re being mis sold to but even if we are successful we will still own at Anfi.  Any suggestions as to how to get out of Anfi without it costing us another arm and leg!!! :(

Depending on what you actually own you can sell.
There are several Resale Agents about or you could join the Anfi UK Members' Club and sell there.
Go to their website at www.anfiukmembers.co.uk to view what is on offer and to get an idea of current prices.
Fixed weeks are best to sell. If you own in the Anfi Vacation Club points system you cannot sell the points, only the floating week allocated to them.

Of course, under the new arrangements now in place it will cost you a €700 fee to sell.

partymonkey

Just an update on what I've heard on another forum... Must stress I have no formal confirmation on this yet

Committee members appear to have been in talks with Anfi for a number of weeks and so far have managed to secure some concessions..

1) The NIE requirement has miraculously gone away.... funny that ...   Maybe it took a few of us pointing out that it was a discriminatory practice and most likely illegal.....
2) It appears that the Buyer no longer has to pay a fee to obtain the ownership certificate
3) Floating week owners who bought privately are not subjected to 'restricted' times of the year.

That's the apparent good news.    The bad news is at the moment the 700 eur transfer fee remains, which is ludicrous considering it was 160 eur before and the constitution at ABC at least only provides for 'reasonable' increases.... from a base point of £25+VAT in 1992.     If you escalate that at 5% pa since '92, the transfer fee comes out at around £100 tops.

There are a few more unanswered questions still.   

Its a step in the right direction but there's more to be done.

Calvin

Hi Partymonkey,
If the source of the other information your have read comes from a certain person in Norway I would make sure you get independent confirmation of some of the points you mention.
Not always been known as a reliable source >:( :( ???

partymonkey

Thanks Calvin,

I'm still pursuing my formal RDO complaint against Anfi's lack of clarity as the 21 day response deadline is now overdue.

I take your point ref the source of the info.   I hope it's the info is solid but I am not relying on it.     I would like to think it should be sound info in light of who/where it was posted  but thankyou for the words of caution.

I'm slowly beginning to suspect that with regard to Anfi, the only person you can trust is yourself !

Such a shame.... a fantastic resort tarnished by money grabbing t*ssers.     

Daft thing is in all this, I've got no desire to sell my week, I just hate having my options restricted.

I will keep you posted with my progress.

Cheers...

Alan R

Quote from: Calvin on September 14, 2011, 15:33:50
This week the Anfi Group have raised the fee for a private resale from €160 to €700 for the transaction.

It is hoped the various committees at the resort will fight this as, especially in the case of Anfi Beach Club, this is in breach of the constitution.

Hurray for ANFI in keeping their clients happy  :P

We couldn't sell our week before this happened - what chance now??!!  Biggest waste of money ever for me was buying Anfi timeshare! :(

martyboy02

Good luck Partymonkey with the RDO.

I asked the RDO what they were going to do about Anfi breaching thier (RDO) Code of Conduct. After a 3 page response quoting the Financial Ombudsman, BPF and every over person under the sun they (RDO)still failed to answer the question after a further email here is the RDO's response

Dear Mr XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your emails to Consumer Services and to Mr. Bougaard.

Following Mr Paul Gardner Bougaard's responses to your emails this week, and our Consumer Services correspondence with you over the past year, I am now closing your complaint. We consider the matter closed, following your refund from Barclays and ANFI and therefore you will not receive any further correspondence from RDO, Consumer Services, or Mr. Bougaard.

Kind regards

Fiona Kay

CONSUMER SERVICES

How difficult can it be to answer a simple question.

I am more than ever now convinced that the timeshare industry is 99.9% corrupt.
Survivor Of Anfi scammers, willing to help others

Calvin

What did you expect from RDO. As it is Anfi and the other timeshare resorts that pay their wages RDO are hardly going to take any action against them. :-X :o

partymonkey

Thanks Martyboy..... I'll keep you posted.    Some progress made in that Anfi are now posting Private resale 'Rules and regulations' on the members section of the Anfi.com website.   I say rules and regulations, it's just one.... EUR 700 transfer fee!!... but that's for RDO complaint number 2 .    I'm not sure if RDO involvement prompted the move by Anfi or whether it was people power  or indeed a bit of both.

Nobody yet from Anfi has had the balls to formally write to me to address my complaint......am I really surprised??