Spice Points

Started by Anna S, March 16, 2012, 13:35:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna S

:-\
Hi I wonder if anyone can advise me, we have just been to our timeshare in Spain, we were on the old weeks system and were planning to redeem it due to increasing maintainence costs and lack of use.  Whilst there we got talking to a person I thought was an RCI rep and he recommended we redeem our weeks to Spice and for a fee we will then be part of a Spice points system which will give us more choice and flexibility. 

We also have another timeshare week in Britain and were informed that we could cede this week for more points, choice flexibility etc.  To cut a long story short we have paid the initial amount asked for with another fee due at the end of March, part of the attraction also was a reduction in maintainence fees for our three timeshare weeks plus an annual fee of £165.00 and no exchange fee.   We are still within the 14 day cooling off period and I have since discovered this site and a few adverse comments regarding Spice, I am rather worried now and would value any advice, comments, or any advise as to whether this Spice point system really works!  Please help!

Carolinian

Spice is an operation of the notorious Club Leisure Group of South Africa run by Stuart ''The Bullfrog'' Lamont.  I would avoid any of their points clubs like the plague.

Check out this thread, and the links within it, from Shark Alley:

http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk/index.php?topic=14747.0

Gail2005

We went to a Spice presentation in November when we were in Lanzarote.  The concept sounded very good but the it would not work for us as the maintenance costs were far higher than we are paying.
The biggest problem we could see was the reputation of the founder.
It would be very interesting to find a Spice owner who could tell it as it is.

Anna S

Thank you Carolinian and Gail for your helpful replies, we thought the concept sounded good at the time, however, I have researched further as you suggested and things do appear somewhat dubious!  So far there have been no comments from anyone using the system.

Suebe

Quote from: Anna S on March 16, 2012, 13:35:23
:-\
Hi I wonder if anyone can advise me, we have just been to our timeshare in Spain, we were on the old weeks system and were planning to redeem it due to increasing maintainence costs and lack of use.  Whilst there we got talking to a person I thought was an RCI rep and he recommended we redeem our weeks to Spice and for a fee we will then be part of a Spice points system which will give us more choice and flexibility. 

We also have another timeshare week in Britain and were informed that we could cede this week for more points, choice flexibility etc.  To cut a long story short we have paid the initial amount asked for with another fee due at the end of March, part of the attraction also was a reduction in maintainence fees for our three timeshare weeks plus an annual fee of £165.00 and no exchange fee.   We are still within the 14 day cooling off period and I have since discovered this site and a few adverse comments regarding Spice, I am rather worried now and would value any advice, comments, or any advise as to whether this Spice point system really works!  Please help!

If you are interested in joining a points system, why not consider RCI Points itself.  There are UK vendors who will cede your weeks into the system for a relatively small fee - far less than Spice are asking.  You will have to pay RCI annual membership fee and exchange fees.  The Spice points system is 'powered' by RCI and uses the RCI Points exchange system as well as having their own 'club' inventory.

Go to the MORPS website to find out more about RCI Points and the pros and cons.

Sue
Sue B

Carolinian

If points is your thing and you want to timeshare in Europe, your best bet is probably Hapimag, the oldest and most reputable points system out there.  They also have one of the few decent exit programs in timesharing for when you decide to get out.  Personally, I far prefer weeks-based timesharing.

Carolinian