Who chops posts about the Matchroom?

Started by Mark_DerbyshireUK, April 12, 2012, 19:35:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark_DerbyshireUK

Well...call me a cynic, but...

When Heritage pulled the last stunt over our 'upgrade to enter in Heritage's resale' programme (see previous posts)', our friend Norman the finance man at the 'Matchroom' handed me a leaflet for their re-sale agent... Who's was it?

Answer...'Travel and Leisure Ltd'... Who's banner ad you will find all over the forum!

How long will this post last?

Boss Man

What seems to be your problem Mark?

Travel & Leisure Group are a long standing (over 19 years), in fact the oldest, resale broker who are members of the RDO, TATOC, ARDA, ATHOC

Mavo

Mark.
Travel & Leisure are also the only appointed resale agent for Diamond Resorts and as I understand it they went through a selection process in competition with others in order to get the Diamond business.
How successful are they selling weeks, points etc?
The answer is that they are as successful as anybody else in a very negative market.

Heritage have given you the name of one of the very few honest resellers in the industry. Be thankful that they did not give you the name of a scammer.

Mark_DerbyshireUK

Hi Boss Man...

No problem at all sir!

Well apart from the feeling of being completely screwed over by an allegedly reputable company... Heritage, been around  for years...who then offers me 'Travel and Leisure Group' as their re-sale agent, when their promises had been so different!

Do you blame me for feeling just a little disappointed and angry, not to mention embarrassed as being taken in by the Heritage sales agent?

Maybe you have a suggestion?

Mark_DerbyshireUK

Oh...and still waiting for a response from T&L!

Mavo

Mark
Please realise that many long established resorts have been sold out for a number of years and so there is no real sales deck in place as there is not enough inventory to sell to maintain a deck.
When somebody like yourself comes along wanting to dispose of their holding they have no real structure in place to help you to do so.
What happens then is they pass you to a reseller who earns its money by trying to sell unwanted inventory for clients from many developers.
Reselling directly out of individual developer resorts is not a viable business model so resellers become the alternative.
Unfortunately you are trying to dispose of a product that currently has no real market value.

amandae

Hi Mark,
If you are looking to sell your timeshare for cash, try FREE advertising sites like gumtree, friday ads, ebay, preloved ect.

Mark_DerbyshireUK

Quote from: Mavo on April 12, 2012, 21:37:37
Mark
Please realise that many long established resorts have been sold out for a number of years and so there is no real sales deck in place as there is not enough inventory to sell to maintain a deck.
When somebody like yourself comes along wanting to dispose of their holding they have no real structure in place to help you to do so.
What happens then is they pass you to a reseller who earns its money by trying to sell unwanted inventory for clients from many developers.
Reselling directly out of individual developer resorts is not a viable business model so resellers become the alternative.
Unfortunately you are trying to dispose of a product that currently has no real market value.

Hi Mavo - Don't think this applies to Heritage...they still have a dozen or so sales staff 'hovering' in the bar waiting to get their hooks into clients, both owners on holiday and the unfortunate street vendor victims...scratch cards are apparently now illegal in Spain, but the street merchants are still operating, and they are more of a nuisance than the CD/DVD...handbag and sunglasses sellers!!