October 18, 2019, 04:29:12

SPICE/AROMA

Started by porthfaer, April 24, 2012, 12:34:48

Previous topic - Next topic

porthfaer

Has anyone had any experience of this company? Our resort at Fairways Tenerife(RCI  POINTS) of this one bedroom elite apartment, is guaranteeing an exit programme for maintenance fees through this company. We would appreciate any comments
Thanks

eneri

Don't know anything about Aroma but if they are promoting Spice you should maybe read the following links;

http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk/index.php?topic=16454.0

http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk/index.php?topic=16002.0

http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk/index.php?topic=16265.0

peachie

At the end of the day you guys can knock spice till the cows come home but as ive said before it does have an exit clause during the membership by just giving 180 days notice and your out having lost the timeshare you were stuck with for life , i dont care if its run by Gadaffi , it works .

Mavo

Quote from: peachie on April 25, 2012, 22:50:53
At the end of the day you guys can knock spice till the cows come home but as ive said before it does have an exit clause during the membership by just giving 180 days notice and your out having lost the timeshare you were stuck with for life , i dont care if its run by Gadaffi , it works .

"It works"  At a hefty price.

Above is the best "explanations" of the system we have managed to get.
As you will see peachies never answers the real questions.
But what seems to happen is that you can purchase Spice points and after 180 days you can get rid of them if you dont like them. 8)
Unanswered question is do you get your money back :-X (so probably not) :o
You can exchange all or part of your RCI Points or Club La Costa Points etc. etc. for Spice Points. This offer comes at a cost which could be as high as around £12,000.00 or as low as around £3,000.00 depending on how many points you are exchanging.
For this you get a better, more flexible system than before. (why wasn`t your other system flexible or good enough in the first place you may ask?) You also get the opportunity of getting rid of your points after 180 days, again the unanswered question would indicate that there would be no refund. :'(
So without a full explanation of how it works it seems to me, to be at best, a very expensive way of relinquishing unwanted points and until there is a fuller explanation then the "Aroma," thanks to peachie, remains distinctly unpleasant as I see it.     

Carolinian

You are spot on, Mavo.

Any timeshare association dealing with Spice really should take a close look at Spice's owner, ''Bullfrog'' Lamont, and his history of using his points operations to take over and then crash timeshares in his native South Africa.  I would run, not walk, away from this goon.

eneri

Just in case anyone was getting as confused as me Companies House shows that Spice Inspire Ltd. (Spice) -Incorporation Date 5/11/10 changed its name to Aroma Thyme Ltd. on 12/3/12. So can we expect to hear lots about this wonderful new product called Aroma or even in the fullness of time - Thyme?  Sorry couldn't resist that!!

Mavo

Quote from: eneri on April 26, 2012, 21:39:22
Just in case anyone was getting as confused as me Companies House shows that Spice Inspire Ltd. (Spice) -Incorporation Date 5/11/10 changed its name to Aroma Thyme Ltd. on 12/3/12. So can we expect to hear lots about this wonderful new product called Aroma or even in the fullness of time - Thyme?  Sorry couldn't resist that!!
Yup. It conflicted in name to an already registered company connected to the industry. Hence the new Aroma -- or smell of profiteering.
Perhaps they should try another name change!
Suggestions invited!!! ;)

Carolinian

How about ''Stench'' of the Bullfrog?

Mavo

The main problems of the product are firstly the seemingly poor reputation and subsequent negative publicity surrounding Mr Lamont.
Secondly there are too many entities wanting a piece of the action.
The product needed to attach itself to reputable companies and developers to achieve credibilty. So, we have Mr Lamonts company, RCI, a variety of developers, then people such as TC Consultants, Lawrence etc. and I don`t suppose peachie is talking up the product for the good of his health. Then lastly we have the sales consultants at the various resorts. Each of the above taking a slice thus making for a very expensive product for what it provides which seems to be nothing that the exchange companies cannot already provide other than a very expensive, yet to be proven, exit strategy.

eneri

Quote from: Mavo on April 27, 2012, 11:11:17
The main problems of the product are firstly the seemingly poor reputation and subsequent negative publicity surrounding Mr Lamont.
Secondly there are too many entities wanting a piece of the action.
The product needed to attach itself to reputable companies and developers to achieve credibilty. So, we have Mr Lamonts company, RCI, a variety of developers, then people such as TC Consultants, Lawrence etc. and I don`t suppose peachie is talking up the product for the good of his health. Then lastly we have the sales consultants at the various resorts. Each of the above taking a slice thus making for a very expensive product for what it provides which seems to be nothing that the exchange companies cannot already provide other than a very expensive, yet to be proven, exit strategy.

I agree 100% Mavo. The fact that it is aimed almost exclusively at people (in some cases desparately) trying to GET OUT of timeshare just about says it all about the morals (or lack of) of the people promoting this product.

peachie

mmmmm....   firstly no, you do not get money back if you use the 180 day exit , which is any time during the membership , not just in  the first 180 days , and if someone has five weeks and a annual maint cost of 2000 a year they could trade them into spice and only buy min points ie, say 3000 pounds worth ?,  then exit when they want to and the 2000 a year has gone , and so has the five weeks , which we all know has no value in the first place , yes sadly so , this is a safe option and better than ANY club , nimba , riocc, ILg club class , itra , that sometimes charge thousands because you guys keep knocking this product which is a safe option ..... costs you to get in and costs you to get out .. as the saying goes.  with this product atleast the resorts are still being used and recieve maint, the other options dont help anyone , and i am carefull as to my comments as you guys are sometimes all about ripping comments to pieces so meanwhile i will just jump on my soap box from time to time .  hahaha, and carolinian , cant you say something different ?

Mavo

Peachie.
Correct me if I am wrong. My understanding is the more points/weeks you wish to convert to Spice/Aroma points the greater the cost?

So for instance you could not convert 5 weeks of timeshare for £3000 and then opt out after 180 days as you suggest in your latest post.

I am trying very hard to understand the product but you seem to be constantly slipping in a curve ball for whatever reason.

If the product is worthy then what on earth is your problem?

eneri

I think peachie may have said that (sort of) when he used his "connection" to answer 'Gailm's' post on the TS Consultants thread. (Reply # 16)

Mavo

Quote from: eneri on April 27, 2012, 20:14:31
I think peachie may have said that (sort of) when he used his "connection" to answer 'Gailm's' post on the TS Consultants thread. (Reply # 16)

It does seem in the thread indicated above that Gailm is saying that to convert 5 weeks would cost £12,000.

peachie seems to indicate and I quote: and if someone has five weeks and a annual maint cost of 2000 a year they could trade them into spice and only buy min points ie, say 3000 pounds worth ?,  then exit when they want to and the 2000 a year has gone , and so has the five weeks ,
What I am simply asking is which explanation of the system, if any, is correct?
Perhaps it is being deliberately made confusing!

Carolinian

Peachie, Stuart ''The Bullfrog'' Lamont remains a major timeshare crook, and his assaults on timeshare resorts in South Africa is escalating.  His nature is not going to change, so why should I change my remarks about him?  The real fools in getting involved with a Lamont operation are the resorts that do so.  It will not end well for them.

Mavo

Quote from: Mavo on April 27, 2012, 19:37:11
Peachie.
Correct me if I am wrong. My understanding is the more points/weeks you wish to convert to Spice/Aroma points the greater the cost?

So for instance you could not convert 5 weeks of timeshare for £3000 and then opt out after 180 days as you suggest in your latest post.

I am trying very hard to understand the product but you seem to be constantly slipping in a curve ball for whatever reason.

If the product is worthy then what on earth is your problem?

It has to be noted that peachie has since posted on another thread but has failed yet again to answer my very simple questions on this thread.
Read into it what you will.
Evasion and failure to clarify points does nothing to instill confidence in any product.

Please.
If you cannot provide simple answers because you do not really know how the product works then stop posting the vague comments that lead to the questions having to be asked or, get somebody who does know what they are talking about to respond.

Carolinian

Here is The Bullfrog's modus opporendi from South Africa, and I think European resorts should expect to see the same pattern:

1. When the Bullfrog gets enough conversions to his points operation to  control enough votes to dominate the association's annual meeting (and given participation levels, it takes A LOT less than 50%), he elects a board for the association that he controls.  Bullfrog always take one of the seats himself, usually as chairman, and the rest of the association board are his employees.

2. The Bullfrog uses his board control to change resort management to a company he controls (in South Africa, it is First Resorts).  Often, it is a ''lifetime'' contract.

3. Annual fees are vigorously enforced against individual owners but The Bullfrog's own points clubs are often let slide on fees that are owed.  This often leads to increases in fees or special assessments.

4. The Bullfrog crashes the timeshare so that he can sell or rent the resort for other purposes for a big profit for himself.  He engineers this in a variety of ways.  At The Seapointer outside of Capetown, he arranged a loss of RCI affiliation coupled with inflated estimates of massive special assessments necessary to get RCI affiliation back.  More recently, at Lowveld Lodge, they simply informed members that the board had decided to do something else with the property and it would no longer be a timeshare.  Then there is a period he tries to reel in as many weeks as he can, from members just giving up and conveying back their weeks or from offers to convert them to one of his sleazy points clubs.  In recent shutdowns, he has told members if they hang on, they will still have to pay annual fees but not have use of a week in return.  Instead they will get a share of ''profits'' if there are any.  Most at this point are sick of The Bullfrog's schemes and just bail out.

So that is what resorts that get in bed with The Bullfrog have signed their members up for!

Suebe

Quote from: porthfaer on April 24, 2012, 12:34:48
Has anyone had any experience of this company? Our resort at Fairways Tenerife(RCI  POINTS) of this one bedroom elite apartment, is guaranteeing an exit programme for maintenance fees through this company. We would appreciate any comments
Thanks

Are you already in the RCI Points system?  if so, and own pure points, were you offered a transfer from pure points system to the Next Generation system last year?  Some pure points owners were offered a free transfer into the Spice Points system (now Aroma).  Don't know if that offer is still on the table with RCI.  It only applies to pure points, not ceded points (where you have put a week into the system in exchange for points).

I have also heard that Aroma membership includes exchange fees into their club inventory, but think that there would be exchange fees if you wish to exchange with RCI.  There was information about Aroma in the last edition of the TATOC magazine (a big two page advert spread), as well as information about a Lanzarote resort where Aroma team are now selling (Club las Calas I think).

I think I can just about understand the logic of Peachies argument in previous post for using this as a way of getting out of timeshare all together - but paying more money for the privilege!!.  I am sure, though, that if enough people start doing this, Aroma wil not be too happy and may restrict this so called 'exit programme'!

I would tread very carefully. 

Sue
Sue B

peachie

I have always said that this is an exit policy that can be used , but others tend to always look at alternative angles , on the pure points , if you have rci pure points you have to buy or transfer the same amount or more into spice points . Look, if you have 5 weeks but only use 1 week due to life commitments etc , then buying into this eliviates the high maint costs by getting rid of excess 4 weeks and using smaller amount of points . yes it costs but timeshare does , pay it to the resort or pay it to spice to still have vacations for lower maint´s or use it as an out when required. sorry ... am i repeating myself , thanks suebe for taking note of my words.

eneri

Quote from: peachie on May 09, 2012, 20:26:55
I have always said that this is an exit policy that can be used , but others tend to always look at alternative angles , on the pure points , if you have rci pure points you have to buy or transfer the same amount or more into spice points . Look, if you have 5 weeks but only use 1 week due to life commitments etc , then buying into this eliviates the high maint costs by getting rid of excess 4 weeks and using smaller amount of points . yes it costs but timeshare does , pay it to the resort or pay it to spice to still have vacations for lower maint´s or use it as an out when required. sorry ... am i repeating myself , thanks suebe for taking note of my words.

If you mean by "...others tend to look at alternative angles..." that people have asked questions which you won't  or cannot answer then I'll have to hold my hands up.