[Video] - Givebacktimeshare.com

Newshound

[Video] - Givebacktimeshare.com
« on: May 21, 2011, 13:00:38 »
Givebacktimeshare.com

Givebacktimeshare.com

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiNGAunNa58" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiNGAunNa58</a>

Offline Norm de Plume

• Arthur Stuttard - Retired Barrister
Re: [Video] - Givebacktimeshare.com
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 16:53:59 »
Sums it up nicely!
If you have found the advice I have given useful and I have saved you some money, perhaps you would like to make a donation to the Prostate Cancer Charity, mentioning my name. (www.prostatecanceruk.org)

Offline Carolinian

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 17:07:42 »
Well, I thought the ABC News piece was rather one sided.  Why did they not talk about the value of buying a cheap resale?  They are spot on as to a developer purchase, but a cheap resale offers a lot more value for the money.  Also their comments on inheritance of timeshare are simply wrong, and parrot what the new breed of scammers, the ''Postcard Companies'' lie about to their victims.  In fact, in most US states, perhaps all, an heir can refuse that inheritance.  Conveniently for the Postcard Companies, they totally fail to mention that some resorts will accept a deedback.

While a clean link to the ABC News piece would be something worthwhile on this forum, when it has an embedded link to a shark Postcard Company, as this one does, it should be in Shark Alley.  And why does Newshound repeat that link to those sharks above the video???"??????
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 20:38:39 by Carolinian »

Offline Carolinian

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 17:12:34 »
I just checked and found out that Newshound DID post a clean link to the ABC News piece a couple of weeks ago.  What is he duplicate posting this when it is now, with its link, a come-on from a scammer company???????

Offline Norm de Plume

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 18:10:14 »
In English Law, if the heirs refuse the legacy of the timeshare, the estate (which they would hope to inherit)  would still be liable for any debts!
If you have found the advice I have given useful and I have saved you some money, perhaps you would like to make a donation to the Prostate Cancer Charity, mentioning my name. (www.prostatecanceruk.org)

Offline Carolinian

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 20:32:58 »
In English Law, if the heirs refuse the legacy of the timeshare, the estate (which they would hope to inherit)  would still be liable for any debts!

. . . but this of course was an American news broadcast.

Even worse it has the website of a scam company embedded in it and even repeated by Newshound above the video.

I submit this should at minimum be deleted as a duplicate post siince Newshound put up a ''clean'' version of the ABC newscast two weeks ago and all this ads is a promotion of a scam site.

Offline Norm de Plume

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 10:39:43 »
...and this of course is an English website!

Offline Carolinian

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 12:33:27 »
. . . and of course, an American TV network is not going to be writing their story for a UK audience.  It was inaccurate for the audience to which it was broadcast.

Christopher Bowerman

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 12:52:20 »
would a stipulation within a will ceeding the timeshare back to the company not relieve any heirs of the problem

Offline Carolinian

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 15:33:01 »
would a stipulation within a will ceeding the timeshare back to the company not relieve any heirs of the problem

The law way vary between countries on whether that would work, but of course the ''heir'' may just decline the bequest.  And of course, it is not always a ''company'' that it would be given back to.  In some places, developers sell out and turn administration over to an owners association.

It might also be interesting, if dealing with some real timeshare sharks, to bequeath it to Kim Jong Il, Osama bin Laden (if he were still alive), some pariah country like North Korea, etc.  I would never do that to an owners association, but some developers may well be deserving of it.

Christopher Bowerman

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 17:31:45 »
Well in my case it would be  back toDiamond,and sorry,cannot find any remorse,not got what was sold,overcharged and shortly over the wall,still selling heavily on the same resort and I have spoken to many former owners now on points that cannot get onto the resort.You would think they would be glad to get more space to rent to the open market whilst blocking fully paid up members.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 17:35:21 by cebow »

Offline Carolinian

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 21:28:40 »
I don't beleive these particular sharks even deal with Diamond.  I have seen cases where the PCC's like this one will charge people $3,000 to take a timeshare off their hands at a resort that readily takes deedbacks.  They then deed it back themselves, as the member himself could easily have done and then pocket his $3,000.  They tell the member that it is not possible to do that even at resorts where they know that in fact it can be done.  They are slime which is a disgrace to the industry.