TATOC Affiliated Companies

Started by hal540uk, December 26, 2012, 14:55:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolinian

I also find it odd that one Alberto Garcia of Mindtimeshare is on the agenda for the 2013 TATOC conference, in light of this:

http://www.mindtimesharetruth.com/2011/12/20/mindtimeshare-alberto-garciaresort-properties-scam-exposed/

martyboy02

Prople seem to put thier own spin on my point to suit thier own purposes.

Yes Silverpoint ave repayed SOME people. Very noble and commendable.

But why employ those who caused the choas in the first instance. It woun't be long before they are all contaminated.

TATOC has to be in contact with these companies, a case of keep your friends close and enemies closer still.

Lets ope they (TATOC) turn into another lame duck RDO.

Its about time Timeshare reps were licensed through EU consumer protection.
Survivor Of Anfi scammers, willing to help others

Alan R

Quote from: Carolinian on January 13, 2013, 15:14:04
I also find it odd that one Alberto Garcia of Mindtimeshare is on the agenda for the 2013 TATOC conference, in light of this:

http://www.mindtimesharetruth.com/2011/12/20/mindtimeshare-alberto-garciaresort-properties-scam-exposed/

Very interesting stuff.

I especially enjoyed reading the section (on mindtimesharetruth.com) posted on the 7th April 2012 by the ex-sales employee.  A lot of what was written parallels my experience last year. I was told at the end of the sales pitch, when they were getting desperate, that we would be able to sell our points in the not-too-distant future and make a five figure sum well in excess of our proposed original investment.  At this point there was an aroma consistent with rodent infestation and we didn't proceed, and I am so relieved about that...........!

Mavo

Quote from: martyboy02 on January 13, 2013, 16:28:13
Prople seem to put thier own spin on my point to suit thier own purposes.

Yes Silverpoint ave repayed SOME people. Very noble and commendable.

But why employ those who caused the choas in the first instance. It woun't be long before they are all contaminated.

TATOC has to be in contact with these companies, a case of keep your friends close and enemies closer still.

Lets ope they (TATOC) turn into another lame duck RDO.

Its about time Timeshare reps were licensed through EU consumer protection.

Which point do you mean Martyboy? The one where you wrongly implied that Silverpoint had been scamming as per the Rip off Britain program about Resort Properties? Or the point that there had been what some could call a management buyout by Silverpoint thus retaining some of those initially responsible. ( Your point being that you feel that this is unacceptable)?

I also think that you believe RDO to be a lame duck and you express the wish that TATOC does not become a lame duck also.
Is that correct because it is not how your post reads.

Alan R

So answer this Mavo:

1. Are all the points put forward (in this thread) by Carolinian completely wrong?

2. Are all the points put forward (in this thread) by martyboy02 completely wrong?

Mavo

Quote from: DNBTS on January 14, 2013, 08:22:11
So answer this Mavo:

1. Are all the points put forward (in this thread) by Carolinian completely wrong?

2. Are all the points put forward (in this thread) by martyboy02 completely wrong?

I have no idea as to whether all Carolinians points are right or wrong as he/she jumps around from one "he says she says" link to another and I have long since lost the inclination to trawl through it all. What I do know is that I have seen no proof of his accusations and until I do then I will continue to post my now stock response.

I think that Martyboy has only made 2 relevant posts on this thread. One was where he phrased a sentence in such a way that readers may have been led to the conclusion that a BBC program had accused Silverpoint of scamming when in fact the program had done no such thing. If the BBC had any proof they would have shouted it long and loud as they currently need all the "brownie points" they can get.

His second point seemed to be that he felt that those who had worked for Resort Properties should not now be working for Silverpoint.
He is allowed that viewpoint, however it is a historically wrong viewpoint.
In the private sector, (where Silverpoint sits) when a company is taken over, bought out or sold on, I have never seen all the staff lose their jobs.
It is normal that the staff, in the main, will remain in situe and be asked to adapt to new policies and a new regime. Those who do not or cannot adapt to new ways of working as required by the new employer will show themselves over a short period of time and thus will be filtered out.
In conclusion. If employees are capable of adopting a regime of poor practice, they are equally capable of adapting to a regime of good practice.     

Alan R

Mavo, please refer to this link:

See the comments made under:

Ex-Employee says:   
April 7, 2012 at 12:30 pm

I imagine TATOC are now well aware of the accusations being made by various parties and the action being taken through the courts.  Have the alleged sales tactics been investigated by TATOC?

Mavo

Quote from: DNBTS on January 14, 2013, 10:16:15

Ex-Employee says:   

I imagine TATOC are now well aware of the accusations being made by various parties and the action being taken through the courts.  Have the alleged sales tactics been investigated by TATOC?

In answer to your question.
First and foremost, TATOC cannot publicly comment on any enquiries, sanctions or investigations it makes into the activities of any of its affiliated companies. This is policy built on legal advice.
What it can and does do is to make enquiries through various means when allegations are made about affiliated companies and this is exactly what it does. This takes place privately out of legal necessity.

* With my TATOC hat on it is the only way I can legally answer your question. How long is it going to take for it to get through to you and others?

Alan R

Quote from: Mavo on January 14, 2013, 10:19:48

Ex-Employee says:   

First and foremost, TATOC cannot publicly comment on any enquiries, sanctions or investigations it makes into the activities of any of its affiliated companies. This is policy built on legal advice.
What it can and does do is to make enquiries through various means when allegations are made about affiliated companies and this is exactly what it does. This takes place privately out of legal necessity.

* With my TATOC hat on it is the only way I can legally answer your question. How long is it going to take for it to get through to you and others?

I feel sure that it is possible for you to say, without crossing any legal boundaries, whether the sales practices have been audited or investigated.  Your reply does nothing to inspire any confidence (in me) that TATOC is preventing these alleged sales practices from continuing, whether it be the company in question or any other TS company.

I am merely asking questions, I have not made any accusations.  I am inviting you to post comments that refute the claims made by others. I am not attacking you or TATOC, I would really like to get a "warm and fuzzy feeling" about TATOC, but I'm not getting it - sorry but there it is.  My knowledge of the TS world is limited, which I'm sure is the case with most TS owners. I'm after answers, not excuses for not answering.  There is a lot of stuff written on internet websites and I have no way of telling if it's a true reflection of what is and has been going on in the TS world. 

As far as my endeavours are concerned, it looks like one for St.Jude - a lost cause!

Carolinian

There have been other posts on these boards from people with direct experience with Silverpoint.  I could post other links from this board, including one that posted a ''candid camera'' discussion on YouTube and a link was posted by the person involved on TST.  But if Mavo is correct, TATOC has blinders on and simply does not have any intention of conducting any investigations of the developers that help finance it.  They expect someone else to spend their time (and money) to lay sworn affidavits in their hands.  They have been given plenty of leads if they were genuine in their talk of doing investigations, but they clearly do not intend to follow those leads.  That is the point of Mavo's broken record.

Some would be incredibly easy for them to investigate.  Silverpoint has been accused by others on these boards of charging large extra fees if their members want to use independent exchange companies, something that goosesteps all over the rights of its members.  That is reprehensible, and should be grounds for a demand to change or face expulsion.  It would be very easy for TATOC to confirm this with the independent exchange companies and then confront Silverpoint, but they will not even do that.

As to the allegations about sales practices at Silverpoint, these boards give them plenty of leads to follow, and their inaction on them is their own fault.  They cannot blame anyone else.

If they are going to have any credibility, they also need to complete their Code of Practice for developer sales.

The concept behind TATOC is great.  They could be a tremendous asset to timesharing, but they will not be if they are intent on being RDO's poodle.

Carolinian

Don't you see how ridiculous your mantra looks when it was Harry, on behalf of TATOC who started this thread to make these potential investigations PUBLIC, not private.  What hypocrisy.

Quote from: Mavo on January 14, 2013, 10:19:48

Ex-Employee says:   

Mavo

It is not possible for me to say at any time whether any company is being investigated.
One reason is that I am currently not a party to that side of things, as I have said before.
The second reason is very logical and the reason TATOC cannot publish that type of information is as follows.
If an investigation is published as ongoing and the party is ultimately found to be doing nothing wrong then the damage done by the notion that (to use the words of others) there is no smoke without fire could lead to legal implications for TATOC.
So TATOC have been advised by legal experts that all investigations must remain private. Again this is as I have said before.

It may not be what you want to hear but it is what is best for TATOC and the consumers it represents.
You have now taken things back to the area where I had ceased commenting on and again, as I have said before, we are just going over and over old ground so I will once more cease commenting. 

If you feel uncomfortable or unsure you always have the open offer from Harry.

Carolinian

Oh, and is that why Harry started this thread to publicize a potential investigation of one or two specific companies??

I have asked that question before but not gotten an answer.

Quote from: Mavo on January 14, 2013, 11:35:00
It is not possible for me to say at any time whether any company is being investigated.
One reason is that I am currently not a party to that side of things, as I have said before.
The second reason is very logical and the reason TATOC cannot publish that type of information is as follows.
If an investigation is published as ongoing and the party is ultimately found to be doing nothing wrong then the damage done by the notion that (to use the words of others) there is no smoke without fire could lead to legal implications for TATOC.
So TATOC have been advised by legal experts that all investigations must remain private. Again this is as I have said before.

It may not be what you want to hear but it is what is best for TATOC and the consumers it represents.
You have now taken things back to the area where I had ceased commenting on and again, as I have said before, we are just going over and over old ground so I will once more cease commenting. 

If you feel uncomfortable or unsure you always have the open offer from Harry.

Mavo

I have discussed this thread with others and probably one of the most important pieces of advice I got was that it did not really matter what we or I said or revealed about TATOC as the detractors would not believe it anyway. They will only believe what they want to believe. They have not taken up Harry`s generous offer so we can only conclude that they are stuck within what they wish to believe.

With the above in mind I am now locking this thread and the very small number of those who wish to cause mischief and harm to TATOC and the timeshare industry can do their worst.
I would recommend however that they do not do so on the TATOC Forum as this will result in a possible ban for those stepping over the line by putting up deliberately distruptive postings.