Seasons TATOC Affiliate

Started by Suebh, February 06, 2013, 10:18:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Suebh

I believe that Seasons is a TATOC member. We are Seasons members, but as we bought on the second hand market, we are denied the short breaks. Is this correct? If so, why must we pay the same maintenance as people who get full membership benefits? If I were to sell you a 3bed house, but tell you that you can only use 2 of the bedrooms as you have bought second hand.............

Mavo

Quote from: Suebh on February 06, 2013, 10:18:31
I believe that Seasons is a TATOC member. We are Seasons members, but as we bought on the second hand market, we are denied the short breaks. Is this correct? If so, why must we pay the same maintenance as people who get full membership benefits? If I were to sell you a 3bed house, but tell you that you can only use 2 of the bedrooms as you have bought second hand.............

TATOC cannot get involved in individual developer policies unless they are affiliated to TATOC and the policies are not in compliance with the codes of conduct that the affiliates sign up to with TATOC.

Personally
I am inclined to agree with you on the principle. If you are paying the same as others then you would think that you should be afforded the same benefits.
It depends on what you agreed at time of purchase. It may be that you did not do enough research into the purchase prior to buying on the second hand market.

DRI have been doing something similar by restricting the use of second hand products. 

ie. Second hand European points cannot be used for American holidays.
I do recently recall seeing somewhere that something may be afoot to change this. How much truth there is in it remains to be seen.     

Some developers do restrict the use of second hand products in order to try to sell direct to the members. It is a ploy I agree but it is permissible in their articles.
Personally I cannot see the point as they are basically restricting their own trade/ letting opportunities.

*I have now modified this post by changing the wording from codes of practice to codes of conduct to avoid splitting hairs.

Carolinian

Last time I looked TATOC had not published a Code of Practice for developers or management.  The only ones on their website were for timeshare committees and for resellers.  If there is now a Code of Practice for developers or managment, can you post a link to it?

There are lots of things that should be contained in such Codes of Practice to protect members, and Suebb's post points to one of them.  The proactice thread I started asking for suggestions on these areas and offering some myself, which has been locked (funny thing, that!), contains others.

(Mavo - Your modification does not change the point.  The Codes of Practice are what contain the details and TATOC has been missing in action on promulgating those for quite some time.  The very vague Code of Conduct only has much relevance when there is a corresponding Code of Practice to cover the details)

Mavo

Quote from: Carolinian on February 06, 2013, 13:50:37
Last time I looked TATOC had not published a Code of Practice for developers or management.  The only ones on their website were for timeshare committees and for resellers.  If there is now a Code of Practice for developers or managment, can you post a link to it?

There are lots of things that should be contained in such Codes of Practice to protect members, and Suebb's post points to one of them.  The proactice thread I started asking for suggestions on these areas and offering some myself, which has been locked (funny thing, that!), contains others.

I have edited my wording from "Codes of Practice" to "Codes of Conduct." It saves splitting hairs I suppose!

*The thread was locked as there were no further suggestions coming from anybody.
It was locked with the following message.
This thread is not closed, it is currently locked while consideration is given to the suggestions places on it.
There have been no suggestions from others so it was decided to lock it to prevent it being used for purposed other than positive suggestions.
Should any responsible people wish to post constructive and positive suggestions for improvements to TATOC if they care to let me know I will instruct them how to do so.

As of today nobody has requested any help in posting further constructive and positive
suggestions.

Before you go on to the other locked thread. That was locked because it was being hijacked for purposes other than the topic.
That topic was a link to the Rip off Britain film which showed that Silverpoint had not been accused of being involved in a scam.
The poster who indicated that they had was the only one who posted on that thread about the topic. The rest of the posts were off topic and deliberately argumentative and after consultation with Bossman it was agreed that the best way forward was to lock the topic, though the program could still be viewed until the BBC removed it from their view list. That thread has now been removed totally as it no longer served any purpose.

*These actions are not up for discussion.
Decisions were made and that is how it is and will remain.
There can only be one result if deliberate disruption occurs.
Bossman, timesharetalk and the TATOC Forums will not be dictated to by those intent on making mischief.   

Carolinian

The Code of Practice is a far different thing for TATOC than its Code of Conduct.  The latter is vague and general and relies on the former being in place to cover specifics.  They are in fact only in place in two areas, resellers and timeshare committees.

You curiously left out the most important locked thread, TATOC Affiliated Companies.  Whether locking that by a person who had a dog in the fight and was losing the argument is a proper way to conduct business, well I will just leave that to other members to consider.

On no other thread besides the proactive thread, does one have to beg the indulgence of a highly opinionated person such as yourself in order to post, so OF COURSE no one sent you any other suggestions. I am certainly not going to beg you to allow me to post and I doubt anyone else is either. The point of that thread was to help push TATOC along with some positive suggestions to finally get those Codes of Practice done.  They have been lagging long enough.  I guess the locking of that thread is an indication that TATOC intends to sit on its rear end some more on those Codes of Practice.  Sad, really!

It is amazing for someone to equate free and open discussion with ''making mischief'', but it appears to be your description of those who disagree with your opinions.  This forum is supposed to be for timeshare members.  Your perspective, as you have repeatedly stated is to promote and defend the ''timeshare industry'' which is not necessarily the same thing.

Quote from: Mavo on February 06, 2013, 14:52:07
Quote from: Carolinian on February 06, 2013, 13:50:37

I have edited my wording from "Codes of Practice" to "Codes of Conduct." It saves splitting hairs I suppose!

*The thread was locked as there were no further suggestions coming from anybody.
It was locked with the following message.
This thread is not closed, it is currently locked while consideration is given to the suggestions places on it.
There have been no suggestions from others so it was decided to lock it to prevent it being used for purposed other than positive suggestions.
Should any responsible people wish to post constructive and positive suggestions for improvements to TATOC if they care to let me know I will instruct them how to do so.

As of today nobody has requested any help in posting further constructive and positive
suggestions.

Before you go on to the other locked thread. That was locked because it was being hijacked for purposes other than the topic.
That topic was a link to the Rip off Britain film which showed that Silverpoint had not been accused of being involved in a scam.
The poster who indicated that they had was the only one who posted on that thread about the topic. The rest of the posts were off topic and deliberately argumentative and after consultation with Bossman it was agreed that the best way forward was to lock the topic, though the program could still be viewed until the BBC removed it from their view list. That thread has now been removed totally as it no longer served any purpose.

*These actions are not up for discussion.
Decisions were made and that is how it is and will remain.
There can only be one result if deliberate disruption occurs.
Bossman, timesharetalk and the TATOC Forums will not be dictated to by those intent on making mischief.   

Mavo

Carolinian has decided to take this thread off topic in order to again raise questions already answered by myself and Bossman recently.

The thread is now locked as the original topic has been answered to the best of my ability.

Carolinian.  For me your negatives are beginning to outweigh your positives and if they continue to do so then I will be discussing the possibility of action with The Administrator.  It is me that is bearing the brunt of your repetitive type postings and I am getting just a tad tired of it and you, after around 2 months.