Fortina Spa Resort

Newshound

Fortina Spa Resort
« on: May 07, 2013, 21:57:01 »
Fortina Spa Resort

Fortina Spa Resort

I recently decided to travel to Italy. This incredible journey I embarked on, led me to discover the beauty of the country of Malta. After doing some research on my own, I had booked a week stay in the wildly popular resort called The Fortina Spa Resort, which is located in Silema. The island of Malta is located just south of Sicily. The atmosphere around the resort was simply fantastic. In order to travel to this gorgeous island, you have one of two options: you depart on a ferry boat or (if you can afford to) you may charter a plane. I chose to take the ferry boat seeing as how I am not the richest of folks. Once I had arrived in port, I promptly checked into my resort and wow, I was blown away.
Once I was there and got over the initial beauty shock of the area, I was eager to look around and see what the resort had to offer. Come to think of it, the only other shock I had was the cost, but I suppose that’s to be expected. It certainly cost more than my backpacking trip in western Canada, BC – where I ended up staying at a bunch of hotels in Victoria.
Right away, I noticed something special, which really struck home. Unlike many resorts who cater specifically to families, The Fortina Spa Resort is strictly an adults-only resort (except for a few special times of year that are reserved for family, which is during Christmas, Easter and the summer months). All other times of the year, the resort takes great pride in being a peaceful and serene atmosphere for adults. Upon booking, you will be able to tell if you are going to be staying during “Family Times”. As a single person, this “adults only” policy was a bonus. There would be no children that would be disruptive, no horseplay, screaming or crying, and I could enjoy my vacation in peace. I never realized how lovely silence could be combined with the water lapping up onto the beach.
I opened the door to my room and the one thing that I noticed right away was the cleanliness. The housekeepers keep each room in pristine condition; everything looked brand new! I felt comfortable in the room. It honestly felt like a more extravagant home. So many hotels have rooms that just feel like a hotel – with strange musky smells or plain boring furniture. This room was nothing like that. I tend to travel quite frequently and it’s not often that I feel as comfortable as I felt during my trip to this resort.
Upon booking, there are a few different entitlements one can purchase. I decided to purchase the mid-grade which is called the half board entitlement. The other two are called bed and breakfast and all exclusive entitlements. For my entitlement, I received breakfast every day, coupled with lunch (I had the choice of six different carte’.) and I had access to the fitness center, plus a complimentary harbor cruise.
My favorite restaurant was without a doubt the Taste Restaurant. This place combines the cuisine of Mediterranean and Asian food in one restaurant. They feature four main flavors in their foods: hot, sweet, sour, and salty. The combination is like a work of art. It is one of the best meals I have ever ate. They have the option to be able to book a reservation online too, which was nice. I found this option very convenient, to be honest.
The resort has several swimming pools, a fitness center, hair salon, and a full service spa. While at the resort, I took advantage of all the amenities – yes, even the spa. I figured its part of the hotel so why not? Boy, am I glad I did. The spa was a great experience. The staff was friendly and so accommodating, especially for a single woman like myself. I really cannot stress enough how much I recommend their service. It was well worth the extra charge to be able to relax even more than I deserved. I mean what’s more relaxing than a relaxing massage near the ocean?
I had a great stay and would love to go back again someday when I have the opportunity. The staff was amazing. They treated me so well, attending to my every demand, no matter how strange it may have appeared at the time. They made me feel special and that is rare from my past experiences. The next time I am in the region, I will make a special trip to Malta so I can spend another fabulous week there.
If you are looking to Buy timeshare, Sell timeshare or Rent timeshare in the united kindom, let Travel and Leisure Group guide you safely through sometimes murky waters.

http://www.travelandleisure.co.uk/destination-news/?p=2361