Improvement Suggestions?

Offline charlie1

Improvement Suggestions?
« on: December 27, 2013, 19:40:24 »
Most traffic viewing a website generally look for less than about 20 seconds if theres nothing of interest then there off. I would feel that there is longer time spent on Timesharetalk as most posters are probably Googling a negative issue to do with timeshare and may capture a past thread on timeshare talk and review this.

They probably don't review the forum in the header or the search link. They miss out on past threads and information they could have benefited from, but if popular areas were promoted more on the homepage we could help educate the owners.

I feel that timesharetalk has an opportunity to help educate consumers and provide suggested solutions to some of the bigger issues concerning timeshare if displayed on the homepage. This would create more activity and more growth in my opinion.

On the homepage I would retain the left hand column with active recent threads. The only part I would suggest is reviewed is under Welcome on the home page make it less busy and have in a prime position say your top 10-20 categories and just list them. Thew would all be live links taking them to what is of direct interest to the reader immediately. Perhaps a new one like 'How to make timeshare work for you' maybe 'Exchange Companies', 'How to sell timeshare', 'Resale Companies', 'Exit Strategies', 'How to make resorts work more effectively' 'My best timeshare holiday', 'Timeshare Owners be beware' To replace shark Alley, Licensing Salespeople' 'Ask a timeshare question here', 'Latest timesharetalk survey with its members', 'Latest Timeshare News', 'Timeshare debates' I am sure there are better main headers and these are just suggestions.

The Forum link could still be retained in the header but more attention given to its use on the homepage.

All these could have sub headings under the main header. Like  Exchange Companies for example would obviously break down once you went through the link too other sub categories like RCI, I.I, Dial An Exchange, UKRE, SFX, Platinum Interchange etc.

Theres enough material from just over the last 18 months that would easily flesh out these categories. Its all there but in my opinion just needs to be on the homepage.

This would generate more interest and I believe increase membership. Timesharetalk as a collective could perhaps even have a voice in the Industry through its membership and perhaps through some interesting surveys.  ::) 

This is of course just my opinion but this website does get reviewed by resorts and various other companies associated with Timeshare. I believe that timesharetalk could help contribute to shape the Industry There are enough experienced posters to assist.

Does anyone else have any views on this?

However if timesharetalk gets too 'popular' the Bossman maybe made a silly offer!

Perhaps I should have posted this under an alias  ::)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 21:08:51 by charlie1 »
Timeshare Weekly is an Independent website working with those who share similar ideals. We are here to guide the consumer make the very best of timeshare. We encourage positive change and solutions. Your either living in the problem or your living in the solution. Contact graham@timeshareweekly.com

Offline charlie1

Re: Improvement Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 21:12:04 »
I believe that if you want to help make changes happen more viewers should register as members its free anyway. Why not contribute to a thread even if its just agreeing to a post or a statement.

The watchful eyes of the industry are always on this website and they do take note in particular if it's an area that may concern them. As I have mentioned before even the Berlin wall came down.

For changes to take place it needs to be and come about at grass root level. Everyone can play a part 8)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 21:14:15 by charlie1 »
Timeshare Weekly is an Independent website working with those who share similar ideals. We are here to guide the consumer make the very best of timeshare. We encourage positive change and solutions. Your either living in the problem or your living in the solution. Contact graham@timeshareweekly.com

Offline lawnmower60

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 21:36:41 »
I think that quite a few management companies all ready view this site I had a situation on a forum where I posted that I was going to ask for my timeshare to be rented for one week and as many members had tried this and they were told it was not let  I said in the posting that I would phone my apartment that week to see if anyone was in there another member said he would do the same. Also other members who were there that week said they would look to see if the apartment was being used . we both had our apartments let
Brian

Offline charlie1

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 00:31:36 »
I think that quite a few management companies all ready view this site I had a situation on a forum where I posted that I was going to ask for my timeshare to be rented for one week and as many members had tried this and they were told it was not let  I said in the posting that I would phone my apartment that week to see if anyone was in there another member said he would do the same. Also other members who were there that week said they would look to see if the apartment was being used . we both had our apartments let

Hi lawnmower I would wager that theres a high percentage of viewers that represent the Industry review this website on a regular basis. I would be doing exactly the same in their shoes as the Internet allows no hiding place and can be a gauge to see how the timeshare owner feels and what of course is posted and how this might impact upon my members if they read this.

Thats the power of the Internet and the world is changing because of this. I feel that there are some companies within the timeshare Industry that have not yet come to terms with this and just do enough to placate their members. In the end its here to stay and will have more of an impact on the Industry as it allows timeshare owners to communicate with each other and sometimes this allows them to be able to join up all the dots if they access the right sources.