Trying to leave DRI

beemacdee

Trying to leave DRI
« on: February 06, 2009, 11:21:57 »
Can anyone please advise why DRI won't communicate with members?
I've built up 16500 points over 17 years and am now 73.  I have a  recent spinal cord defect and have both lower legs amputated.  My points have recently been used by close family and I have been trying to transfer the points to family since the end of last October.  Despite several phone calls in Nov/Dec/Jan there has been not one letter or call back from Diamond!!!   I have not even been sent a bill for the 2009 management charges!!!!  I now understand them to be in excess of 30% so I am led to believe that DRI wants me to walk away - relinquish my points for no cash whatsoever - which will give them extra capital, to cover their losses on loans, presumably.  Just a bunch of capitalist thieves, like the rest of our Upper/Ruling classes. Please - anyone - give me some cause to hope that this is not the scam/crash that I fear!!
Brian - brian.mcdermott5(at)virgin.net

Offline tonyc

Trying to leave DRI
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 12:53:03 »
beemacdee

On the face of it, you appear to have a justifiable gripe.  Although, I am not sure that the last two lines will "win friends or influence people".  It would appear that all you are attempting to do is transfer ownership of the points to a "close family member".  If that is so - and the management fees have been paid up till the end of 2008 with the family member being prepared to take on payment for 2009 - it is difficult to comprehend why things have not been progressed.

The one thing I don't understand is why you have not been sent a Management Fee bill for 2009?

p71259

Trying to leave DRI
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 02:24:02 »
Mr. McDermott,
Please, please feel free to contact me at my email;
patrick.duffy(at)diamondresorts.com

I would enjoy the opportunity to speak with you.
Most cordially,
Patrick Duffy

Offline Doggy50k

• Senior Moderator & Quiz Master
Trying to leave DRI
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 07:09:51 »
Hi Chaps

I have removed the @ symbol from your email addresses to prevent you being harvested by spam bots.
"You know; the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."