KwikChex

Started by DavidCox, August 13, 2015, 19:56:20

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidCox

People should give this consideration. KwikChex do provide somewhat of a free service. They try to  uncover frauds in the exit side of timeshare. They do make some sit up and think about pulling scams. They do report some entities to the athorities who do act on the information they supplied.  I can not say that I fully support KwikChex, but have to conceed that in my opinion the service  they do offer clearly has benifits some consumers. In defence  of KwikChex you have to conceed that no matter how much they is scurged  they keeps calm and continues on thier mission.
Does they and Mr. Emmings get a raw deal?

DavidCox

DavidCox

This is a free vote members and guests

pathfinder

I voted not sure because I have never seen any hard evidence of anything good they have done.
Perhaps if they were to report their activities on here then we may get a better understanding of them.

DavidCox

That's a fair answer,  I m proberly his biggest  adversary  however I voted yes. I think my main issue is his attitude  on his investigation of everyone and his negative approach to everyone who opposes  TATOC and the RDO. That said some good flows

Mavo

Quote from: DavidCox on August 13, 2015, 23:14:32
That's a fair answer,  I m proberly his biggest  adversary  however I voted yes. I think my main issue is his attitude  on his investigation of everyone and his negative approach to everyone who opposes  TATOC and the RDO. That said some good flows

His negative approach to anyone opposing TATOC and RDO can also be translated as his supportive position towards TATOC and RDO.
This position is probably down to the financial support that KwikChex gets from RDO and the probable information support that can be obtained from TATOC via its helpline. So it is a natural trend of human nature that we support those who support us.

It should not prevent KwikChex from reporting their work and successes to as wide an audience of consumers as possible by regularly producing reports and putting them on here at Timesharetalk which, after all, remain the most widely read forums for all timeshare users in Europe.

Thus my vote will also have to go to the not sure option.   

charlie1

Everyone has a role to play in turning this around. I feel there could be value if Kwikchex were contributing to this forum. There would need to be some thought given to this.

As there would be with representatives from Exchange Companies. It would need to be actively moderated to ensure it did not get caught up in personal issues that could bottle neck and distract from best use of the exchange company. Constructive criticism and suggestions should be welcome. 
Timeshare Weekly is an Independent website working with those who share similar ideals. We are here to guide the consumer make the very best of timeshare. We encourage positive change and solutions. Your either living in the problem or your living in the solution. Contact graham@timeshareweekly.com

DavidCox

Its close! very close. Guests are remined that they can vote as well!
6 yes 7 no and 8 undecided.  It is quite close at the moment.

KwikChex

I note that it has been suggested that we contribute to the forum - particularly with regard to what has been achieved with the Timeshare Task Force.

We are in fact just compiling a full report and will advise when this is published - but just to pick out some salient points for now.

The assistance given to consumers is absolutely free. In many cases, the work involved in an individual case can stretch on for months. Typically, it involves refunds of monies where Consumer Protection Regulations (CPRs) have been broken, relinquishment and liaison with law enforcement.

Because of the perception of some that there would be unacceptable bias because of industry funding (something that was made totally transparent from the beginning) for the project, we also asked Trading Standards to scrutinise both the quality / diligence of what we have provided and impartiality. In terms of both refunds and relinquishments, we have successfully assisted cases that are both RDO and non-RDO members.

We have in fact been reporting individual cases via blogs / news on the Timeshare Task Force website.

There is a lot to report on and as I said, we will advise on here when it is all completed - but also notably:

We are currently engaged with over 150 live fraud or CPR breaches cases - all are in conjunction with official law enforcement bodies.
28 rogue websites have been closed down after we engaged / reported them.
3 serial offenders (previously convicted) have been detected because of the resources and are now facing new prosecutions.
We are working with Trading Standards and the police on 4 major investigations.
We are also engaged in a specific complex project with the ICO re data theft and cold calling.
We are discussing with the authorities a priority initiative in the sector under the banner of the Consumer Protection Partnership.
We have worked on a number of cases with the media and are continuing to do so.

There are over 250 businesses  businesses now featured on the Timeshare Business Check website. Around 50 are RDO members and there is a link to their profiles on the RDO site. The remaining 200 are non RDO where KwikChex creates the profiles. There are several businesses that are confirmed as being legitimate and of no threat to consumers but of course one of the purposes of the site is to enable consumers to fact check - and this is a critical point - we state facts and do not get involved in blogging. Businesses that are featured are contacted and when they respond, their replies are published in full. The majority of concerns are where the businesses do not disclose accurate or any information - these are marked as 'transparency failures' with a warning. In other cases, warnings are issued when we are absolutely aware of legal infringements - which are checked with law enforcement agencies. Any business can contact us at any time to ask for corrections and they will always be diligently dealt with,

But most importantly, consumers are being helped free of charge. Many thank us for information / clarification provided and of course as has been reported in the media, many have had monies refunded and or been released from their timeshares.

On that note, I will conclude for now with some quotes from consumers that have used the resources we are providing.

I cannot thank you enough for all you have done and are doing for us.
Words cannot express how grateful we are.

Mr & Mrs L, Aug-15

Today I received a letter officially terminating my membership. I believe that this has been achieved mainly due to your invaluable input for which I thank you profusely.
Mr R, May-15

Thank you for your wonderful, free and unsolicited assistance without which, I am sure, we would not have achieved the progress made.
Mr R Apr-15

Thank you very much for all your advice. I am very impressed with the service you provide and would not hesitate to reconnect of the need arises.
Mrs W Jan-15

We can't thank you enough for helping us with this matter Your service has been wonderful, will highly recommend you to anyone in the same sort of trouble.
Mr & Mrs C, Dec-14

I am writing to let you know that KwikChex helped me and my partner when we bought a package called Realistix Solutions whilst on holiday in Malta. KwikChex were very thorough and were the only people who managed to secure a full refund for us and they did not charge us a fee.

I would highly recommend this company to anyone who has been put in the same position as we were. They do what is says on the tin and no messing. Brilliant and very professional.

We could go on singing their praise all day and would definitely recommend them.
Mr & Mrs G, Dec-14

Thank you very much again, you are a God send it brings back ones faith in humankind, we know we were stupid and I thought I was street wise but you do get carried away on holiday and think that everyone is as straight as you,
Mr K, Aug-14
As part of our Timeshare Task Force activities, KwikChex provides free assistance to consumers who believe they may have experienced problems with mis-selling and breaches of law. This is made available via the Timeshare Business Check website www.timesharebusinesscheck.org

Mavo

With all due respect Kwikchex, most consumers want a one stop shop for information and obviously that should be on the most read timeshare consumer site on the internet which is timesharetalk. If Kwikchek wish to direct consumers to articles on their site etc. The facility is here to do so .
The industry itself has gone into silence mode and the organization purporting to represent the consumers has been struck dumb because people are questioning the activities of its CEO. The consumers whose financial contributions allow this industry to exist deserve more than this.

DavidCox

Keep the votes rolling in. Each vote will count and may change minds. Guests and members!! please vote

charlie1

Like David I voted Yes as it appears as they say that they offer a free service. I don't know how this is achieved there must be a cost perhaps RDO fund this? 

I have had no complaints from any consumers and I have tested their Timeshare Business Check sometime ago and they came back with some hard facts on the company I came across. They had no idea this came from me. Time will tell but it appears as if this is a step in the right direction.

However so much more is required of this Industry as a collective to turn this around. As said if the powers that be won't get involved in putting this house in order then they will have to move over to allow those that will. There are some in a position of influence who tie themselves up in red tape of their making and its like trying to work through treacle!
Timeshare Weekly is an Independent website working with those who share similar ideals. We are here to guide the consumer make the very best of timeshare. We encourage positive change and solutions. Your either living in the problem or your living in the solution. Contact graham@timeshareweekly.com

KwikChex

Thank you Charlie1

Yes - as has always been stated on the timeshare-related websites, the service to timeshare consumers is funded by RDO. It is for this reason and to ensure correct processes and diligence was taking place that we have asked Trading Standards to scrutinise all our case files. This has not yet happened due to the time constraints placed on Trading Standards - but we have a meeting in September with the CTSI which should resolve this. In the interim, we have of course, developed much stronger relationships with law enforcement and consumer organisations and this has helped ensure that our practises are robust and have a high degree of integrity. Out of obvious necessity, these processes are independent of the funding received.

On the subject of free services, what we have seen on a number of occasions now is consumers being charged thousands of pounds for purported exit services when in fact they met the criteria for free or lower cost (i.e., a few hundred pounds) relinquishment. Getting the message out to thoroughly check all the options available and to double-check proposed services is one of the biggest challenges.

I agree that there is still much to be done. We have lobbied hard in many quarters and continue to do so. There are new initiatives being formed right now that should certainly help - one within the remit of the Consumer Protection Partnership and another with the ICO. We will be able to provide more information on these shortly.
As part of our Timeshare Task Force activities, KwikChex provides free assistance to consumers who believe they may have experienced problems with mis-selling and breaches of law. This is made available via the Timeshare Business Check website www.timesharebusinesscheck.org

Mavo

This Poll and the subject matter has led to far more information being made available by KwixChex to us on here at Timesharetalk than has ever been made available previously by KwixChex via their contributions to this, the most widely read timeshare consumer forums in Europe.
However the organisations who support the timeshare industry and its consumers, such as RDO and TATOC continue to maintain the wall of silence towards the very people who keep them in business.
  It seems applicable at this point to show the following information extracted directly from the recent TATOC Conference via a presentation which has only today (and since this post was put on here) been put on the TATOC Facebook site. "The biggest change has been the internet......No company or service is immune to it`s power"..... ????? 

Lets not beat about the bush. The industry has huge problems which are threatening its very existence and thus jeopardizing the holiday experiences of hundreds of thousands of timeshare users throughout Europe and in particular the UK. We as users should not be subjected to the industries failures to communicate to its customers on how it is going about addressing the problems it has created for itself.
This is the Western World and Europe not some secretive third world regime and the business of timeshare should be responsible for communicating effectively with the consumers who support it.
If the industry and its supporting organisations are unwilling to communicate with its users then legislation should be created to enforce better communications and controls.
The last thing we and the industry itself needs is some wishy washy legislation created via negotiations with the industry which has, as in the past, left enough loopholes for certain parties to drive a double deck bus through. It will not solve the ever mounting problems.

This post has now been edited to take in the fact that TATOC has now reached out to it`s less than 500 readers on its facebook site. I suppose it can be construed as a start!!     

fellrunner

Quote from: Mavo on August 24, 2015, 10:25:47
This Poll and the subject matter has led to far more information being made available by KwixChex to us on here at Timesharetalk than has ever been made available previously by KwixChex via their contributions to this, the most widely read timeshare consumer forums in Europe.
However the organisations who support the timeshare industry and its consumers, such as RDO and TATOC continue to maintain the wall of silence towards the very people who keep them in business.
  It seems applicable at this point to show the following information extracted directly from the recent TATOC Conference via a presentation which has only today (and since this post was put on here) been put on the TATOC Facebook site. "The biggest change has been the internet......No company or service is immune to it`s power"..... ????? 

Lets not beat about the bush. The industry has huge problems which are threatening its very existence and thus jeopardizing the holiday experiences of hundreds of thousands of timeshare users throughout Europe and in particular the UK. We as users should not be subjected to the industries failures to communicate to its customers on how it is going about addressing the problems it has created for itself.
This is the Western World and Europe not some secretive third world regime and the business of timeshare should be responsible for communicating effectively with the consumers who support it.
If the industry and its supporting organisations are unwilling to communicate with its users then legislation should be created to enforce better communications and controls.
The last thing we and the industry itself needs is some wishy washy legislation created via negotiations with the industry which has, as in the past, left enough loopholes for certain parties to drive a double deck bus through. It will not solve the ever mounting problems.

This post has now been edited to take in the fact that TATOC has now reached out to it`s less than 500 readers on its facebook site. I suppose it can be construed as a start!!   

The TATOC Facebook site has less than 500 followers?
According to it`s reports TATOC has over 400,000 members who each make a contribution to its funds so why are there less than 500 followers on its facebook, bearing in mind that the industry will be many among its followers?
Perhaps it is as mavo suggests, lack of content or in other words failure of communications with those it says it represents. 

KwikChex

Obviously, this thread started as a means of clarifying what KwikChex has been doing  alleging breaches of CPR in relation to our role with the Timeshare Task Force and we have been happy to engage in that respect.

We can't though answer entirely for other parties that are now being focused on within this thread. It is obviously the choice of any person, business or organisation whether they wish to communicate on social media type sites.

For the record, (as there have been previous misconceptions), KwikChex has not and does not receive any funding from TATOC with regard to the Timeshare Task Force.  Our primary engagement with TATOC is in close cooperation with them regarding consumer complaints they receive alleging Consumer Protection Regulation breaches. Such consumers are advised that we may be able to assist and that such assistance is free of charge. Most then do contact us and we assist accordingly. The other aspect which will shortly become much more pertinent is  the question of cold calling. TATOC receives many reports of unsolicited communications to consumers and we will be working with them in respect of the ICO initiative we mentioned previously. Hope this clarifies things from our perspective.

charlie1

Quote from: DavidCox on August 23, 2015, 22:48:12
Keep the votes rolling in. Each vote will count and may change minds. Guests and members!! please vote

David Cox has urged Guests as well as members to vote so lets be mindful that this is what this thread is all about. There are plenty of viewers on this thread so please take the time out to cast your vote at the top of this thread. Your opinion counts!

Mavo

Quote from: KwikChex on August 25, 2015, 09:41:30
Obviously, this thread started as a means of clarifying what KwikChex has been doing  alleging breaches of CPR in relation to our role with the Timeshare Task Force and we have been happy to engage in that respect.

We can't though answer entirely for other parties that are now being focused on within this thread. It is obviously the choice of any person, business or organisation whether they wish to communicate on social media type sites.

For the record, (as there have been previous misconceptions), KwikChex has not and does not receive any funding from TATOC with regard to the Timeshare Task Force.  Our primary engagement with TATOC is in close cooperation with them regarding consumer complaints they receive alleging Consumer Protection Regulation breaches. Such consumers are advised that we may be able to assist and that such assistance is free of charge. Most then do contact us and we assist accordingly. The other aspect which will shortly become much more pertinent is  the question of cold calling. TATOC receives many reports of unsolicited communications to consumers and we will be working with them in respect of the ICO initiative we mentioned previously. Hope this clarifies things from our perspective.

To make it quite clear. It has been refuted on here on a number of occasions that KwikChex and TATOC are not financially linked. To say that KwikChex and RDO are financially linked is not and never has been in dispute.
Below is a passage from an earlier post I made on this thread.

"This position is probably down to the financial support that KwikChex gets from RDO and the probable information support that can be obtained from TATOC via its helpline. So it is a natural trend of human nature that we support those who support us."

This was compiled in order to point out to readers the difficult position that KwikChex could inadvertently find itself in from time to time.
There could be a conflict of interest being suggested from time to time when in fact there is none and this is what we have to understand.
I do accept that it must be very difficult for KwikChex to work (particularly in this industry) in an environment where on the one side consumers are suspicious of every activity and on the other side Employer/ Funder loyalty could be brought in to play.   

DavidCox

The poll does conclude shortly so if you have not voted please do so guests and members . It's pretty close

Mavo

This poll and some of its comments have led to KwikChex joining in and not only participating in it as a topic but offering up welcome information which gives us a greater insight into some of its work and advice on one consumer problem in particular which was brought to their attention by the contributor Marvin under another topic. http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk/index.php/topic,19121.msg59474.html
KwikChex when asked about the possibility of investigating consumer concerns, within this topic, around the activities of an RDO member has expressed a suggestion that RDO should be contacted directly with questions arising with regards to the conduct of the member and should this not prove satisfactory then the advice was to get back to KwikChex (implying that they would push for resolution on behalf of the consumers)
Whilst this advice from KwikChex does not walk the whole walk it is directing consumers correctly in that it is the consumers who must take the first steps and of course a complaint to the trade organization would be the logical step as advised.

What we are demonstrating is that the internet has now facilitated a situation which seems to show that there are many entities, organizations and people all traveling at different speeds and on different paths who will all eventually converge on the same singular goal which is the solution that hopefully will be the blueprint of timeshares future.
This is the power of the internet and in particular timesharetalk.
With all this in mind then perhaps a further poll on KwixChex could take place at some later date when issues around timeshare have had time to be resolved or progressed further.

Mavo

Further to my post above I do have a minor concern.

Whilst I have criticised TCA in the past for its "less than ethical methods" of getting its points across and whilst I have questioned the lack of use by KwikChex of the facilities available on timesharetalk which give KwixChex the ability to reach a large audience of consumers and whilst I have had many reservations around  the willingness of RDO to police its own members effectively. I have to concede that all the above and also numerous people who have contributed to these forums are beginning to have an effect on timeshare. The very fact that different entities are coming from different directions, starting points and in some cases critical conflicts as they vie for positions should never be allowed to get in the way of  the common goal so it is imperative that conflicting entities set aside the instinct to score points off one another along the journey.