KwikChex

Started by DavidCox, August 13, 2015, 19:56:20

Previous topic - Next topic

fellrunner

It seems very strange that after many days of even voting a sudden surge of No votes should all be cast in quick succession around the same time. Can Boss Man or the moderators investigate this?  Having witnessed the positivity in the posts from KwixChek I would have thought it would have led to a different pattern and outcome. Anyone else of the same mind? 

Mavo

Quote from: fellrunner on August 27, 2015, 12:37:24
It seems very strange that after many days of even voting a sudden surge of No votes should all be cast in quick succession around the same time. Can Boss Man or the moderators investigate this?  Having witnessed the positivity in the posts from KwixChek I would have thought it would have led to a different pattern and outcome. Anyone else of the same mind?

Yes it does seem a little funny given the amicable and helpful contributions from KwikChex that a clutch of negative votes should be so placed.
It just goes to show how unpredictable the timeshare industry can be at times.
We can never be confident about who is doing what, where, when and how.
Unfortunately this event can only lead to most readers taking the view that the eventual result probably has no value, which is a bit of a shame really as I am sure the poll was devised with the best of intentions and it did create some positive and informative input and advice from KwikChex and has opened up another  avenue of communications for us consumers. 

Mavo

Quote from: Mavo on August 27, 2015, 17:00:20

Yes it does seem a little funny given the amicable and helpful contributions from KwikChex that a clutch of negative votes should be so placed.
Unfortunately this event can only lead to most readers taking the view that the eventual result probably has no value, which is a bit of a shame really as I am sure the poll was devised with the best of intentions and it did create some positive and informative input and advice from KwikChex and has opened up another  avenue of communications for us consumers.

I am not too sure what is happening but having revisited this thread I found I now have the ability to alter my vote which had been cast in the not sure vote box. Having now got that ability and in view of the positive impact that KwikChex has brought to the table I have recast my vote accordingly. Not sure if others now have this ability too but I assume so. You may want to check it out by going back into the poll and if you are allowed and wish to change your vote then the option is open to you.

fellrunner

Quote from: Mavo on August 27, 2015, 17:35:26
Quote from: Mavo on August 27, 2015, 17:00:20

I am not too sure what is happening but having revisited this thread I found I now have the ability to alter my vote which had been cast in the not sure vote box. Having now got that ability and in view of the positive impact that KwikChex has brought to the table I have recast my vote accordingly. Not sure if others now have this ability too but I assume so. You may want to check it out by going back into the poll and if you are allowed and wish to change your vote then the option is open to you.

Just changed mine too as it now allows you to do so.

pathfinder

Not been on this area of the forum for a while so cast my vote in favour in view of KwikChex contributions that I have read.

DavidCox

Are voters reading the question right?

Mavo

Quote from: DavidCox on August 28, 2015, 16:48:52
Are voters reading the question right?

If consumers and users believe that the industry is there to provide quality holiday experiences to us as a spin off benefit to their creating business models to generate profit. Then a Yes vote demonstrates that we as consumers are happy that KwikChex are creating and revealing a number of initiatives that could impact positively on our behalf. This is what I believe the votes are demonstrating. The industry needs a radical shakeup and is sorely in need of modernizing and reading between the lines of the KwikChex initiatives they are reporting then it seems that they are not afraid to facilitate this by pushing the industry towards further reforms.
Thus by being of benefit to the industry by suggesting to the industry that they have not yet gone far enough and further reforms are needed then that benefits us the consumer.

As sole financial funder to the timeshare industry we users and members are the most valuable asset of that industry by indirectly paying for its staffing and the upkeep of its bricks and mortar assets.

It may well be suggested that banks and investors are financial funders but in reality they are not. They are lenders and therefore unlike members and users they are not an asset but a debit.   

seager64

Hello,
How can a poll be taken on KwikChex when so few people have bothered to vote according to TCA only 34 to date.
Seager64
Seager64

Mavo

Quote from: seager64 on August 28, 2015, 21:22:03
Hello,
How can a poll be taken on KwikChex when so few people have bothered to vote according to TCA only 34 to date.
Seager64

Strange that because my screenview says 50 have voted and it has been like that for at least the last couple of hours as I looked on every once in a while as a guest .
We do recognise that the site needs modifying and updating as it has been basically unchanged for the last 10 years or so. There has been some unusual voting patterns too so perhaps it is the gremlins in the systems which were reported to be running into the thousands when the site was recently taken over by TCA. Matters are in hand it seems but we may need a little patience while plans are put in place and upgrades and necessary changes are implemented. 

charlie1

There were some members that were trying to assist the former owner as the website as Mavo stated was not only dated but full of viruses. The new changes will make a difference as David Cox has mentioned soon enough. Also it may well be that those viewers entering the website may not even recognise that this is a survey and just may not enter the thread as it is titled only Kwikchex. Perhaps the thread required a different title.

Kwikchex poll your vote counts and is important to this forum - Kwikchex poll your opinion counts - Your vote counts on Kwikchex poll - etc

At a glance posters will see what is required in the header. This might have enticed more guests and members to be drawn in to vote. Consider changing the thread title. Still we got 5 weeks yet  ;D
Timeshare Weekly is an Independent website working with those who share similar ideals. We are here to guide the consumer make the very best of timeshare. We encourage positive change and solutions. Your either living in the problem or your living in the solution. Contact graham@timeshareweekly.com

DavidCox

7 days left to vote

DavidCox