DRI CLUB SELECT

Started by Cogland, August 25, 2015, 20:05:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogland

Has any Diamond member managed to book a holiday using Club Select ?

Cogland

Looks like no one else has managed to use it. At one of the presentations they shouted out about this saying it enabled you to use your points to book none DRI resorts without any fees but does not seem to work when you try to book it online. It offers a points value and a cash value but when you go to book only way to proceed is if you pay !

Mavo

Hi Chris
I think a clue lies in the words: "at one of the presentations"  Notice my clever use of the word lies too. ;) :D

Cogland

I think you must be correct Mavo. Rang them and spoke to a very polite helpful chap who tried to book for me and met the same problem. Said he would look into it and ring me back but  heard nothing since. Trying to get a holiday in Tenerife around Oct 14th but not much available yet but they do sometimes come up last minute so will keep looking. Flights are expensive in October so may be better off booking a deal outside of the club but prefer not to.

Mavo

Quote from: Cogland on August 27, 2015, 19:59:32
I think you must be correct Mavo. Rang them and spoke to a very polite helpful chap who tried to book for me and met the same problem. Said he would look into it and ring me back but  heard nothing since. Trying to get a holiday in Tenerife around Oct 14th but not much available yet but they do sometimes come up last minute so will keep looking. Flights are expensive in October so may be better off booking a deal outside of the club but prefer not to.

Keep you eye on the members facebook     I think I remember someone wanting to rent one at Sunset Bay only last week. Trouble is with facebook they are down the page and off the radar so quickly it is hard to keep up with it.

Cogland

Thanks did not know members had a facebook page.

Jane84

Although having its own dedicated telephone number at DRI Lancaster, Club Select is just a bunch of non Diamond Resorts weeks that have become available because the members have cashed in their fixed/floating week for DRI points, it has become a major tool used by the Sales Agents originally selling the Discover Diamond pack but in-house teams use its unavailability as a reason to upgrade their points - strange but true.

If they do become available its mainly Platinum members who snap em up first as they get to see them well in advance and can  reserve/hold the weeks as part of the Platinum Membership.