1-2-1 Mediation

Started by earlyretired, September 22, 2015, 16:06:51

Previous topic - Next topic

earlyretired

I have been contacted by 1-2-1 Mediation offering to to get me a refund on RCI/DWVC timeshare and Cashback from many years ago - I bought under pressure, it didn't offer what was promised and I have always regarded as a complete scam and only used once or twice.  They are not asking for any money up-front, say they will proceed if I simply agree by replying to their e-mail (they phoned first), any money recouped by the courts in Spain via Key Properties will be sent direct to me, and they will invoice me for 10% once I have received money.  Does anyone have advice on whether I should respond or not?  They make sound as if  I have nothing to lose .....

earlyretired

Mavo

Quote from: earlyretired on September 22, 2015, 16:06:51
I have been contacted by 1-2-1 Mediation offering to to get me a refund on RCI/DWVC timeshare and Cashback from many years ago - I bought under pressure, it didn't offer what was promised and I have always regarded as a complete scam and only used once or twice.  They are not asking for any money up-front, say they will proceed if I simply agree by replying to their e-mail (they phoned first), any money recouped by the courts in Spain via Key Properties will be sent direct to me, and they will invoice me for 10% once I have received money.  Does anyone have advice on whether I should respond or not?  They make sound as if  I have nothing to lose .....

""They make it sound as if  I have nothing to lose"" .....

This is 99% certain to be another scam and I have not even looked for 1 - 2- 1 Mediation yet but the clues are there in your post. Telling you that you have nothing to lose is like a spider telling a fly not to touch its web. It is a pitch designed to gain your trust and give you confidence.
  It will eventually happen, if nothing changes in the industry, that the paralegals will have to compete with each other for the right to relieve consumers of more money but that day has yet to arrive and so, I am afraid, it will get worse before it gets better.

earlyretired

Thank you very much - I was already concerned because very little of the 1-2-1 Mediation website works, the wording of the e-mail I received was poor - and of course it sounded too good to be true ! I was thinking of giving it a go just because of not having to pay anything unless I received money first.  But will give it a miss....