Whither Silverpoint?

Started by tco, October 01, 2015, 21:51:20

Previous topic - Next topic

tco

Having recently escaped the clutches of Silverpoint/Resort Properties, or whatever they are calling themselves this week, I thought I would check in to see how other less fortunate souls are faring. I can find no mention of (say) Hollywood Mirage, BHH or BHC in the forum now. Has any reference to them been purged from this forum now?

tco

jcorrea-lawyer

Well, I just had yesterday a pretrial hearing with them at the Arona Courts... They posed some funny arguments such as Silverpoint has nothing to do with Resort Properties and their contracts...
Bringing legal advice on Timeshare matters throughout Spain.
Lawyer nº 1071 of the Las Palmas Bar Association. Canary Islands.
http://www.correaguimera.com

charlie1

Hi Javier

I was under the impression that a Judge had stated that they were one and the same company after investigating and ruling over a case after reviewing paperwork of Resort Properties and Silverpoints there was some connection I believe it may have been their original holding company was used on both paperwork. I stand to be corrected was that not the case as stated by a judge?
Timeshare Weekly is an Independent website working with those who share similar ideals. We are here to guide the consumer make the very best of timeshare. We encourage positive change and solutions. Your either living in the problem or your living in the solution. Contact graham@timeshareweekly.com

jcorrea-lawyer

Yes Charlie 1 and that's why is a funny argument. There are lots of rulings, from First Instance and Court of Appeal courts, confirming it but they still maintain their stance and submit around 28 documents in each of their answers to the lawsuit trying to justify it.

Anyway where they are looping the loop is when trying to deny the applicability of the Supreme Court ruling about perpetuity. They say that this only applies to weeks that were not sold before the entrance into effect of the law in 1999, which is correct, but then they continue to say that the week at stake in the proceeding was sold FOR THE FIRST to another member before that year, presenting a Certificate from the Trustee, thus that week in itself had been already sold prior to the entrance into effect of the Law!! Incredible!!

tco

Certainly in my experience, there is very little difference between the two companies. Same sales methods, same offers, same threats, even same personnel.

jcorrea-lawyer

Yes, absolutely, and there are lots of evidence being that the reason why almost each judgement considers that both are one and the same