Moness

Offline Lifensoul

Re: Moness
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2016, 00:02:10 »
Yes Carolinian, too right, and they were given their marching orders from Lakeview once they were found out....much to the Committee's annoyance...questions unanswered as to,why the chair and committee allowed them there in the first place :(

Offline AndyD

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2017, 16:14:55 »
I am a current Moness owner and looking to walk away without paying Mr Terry Vose any more money.
The majority of the "Exit Fee" is apparently given to Terry Vose :o
At the same time I am convinced Terry Vose is moving towards owning the whole site because everyone walks away or pays to leave then he ends up with a huge asset for nothing.
Why should I give up my legal property for nothing?

A few have said it is a breech of contract and we can walk away but what about compensation for out loss of property?
AndyD

Offline Aly

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2017, 17:31:20 »
In my opinion MGL have breached the contract with owners as they have said that anyone who has not signed up to their new 'club' cannot use their occupancy rights. But these were sold in perpetuity. I would approach the trustee RFS and ask what has happened to your occupancy rights. It is the duty of the trustee to protect these rights. And never ever sign any documentation that Moness send to you. Hopefully many people will refuse the transfer ( I am aware several have done so already) and then sue for the value of their occupancy rights.

Offline Sherri Mike Beresford

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2017, 23:54:58 »
Hi has anyone an update on this. We never accepted the transfer and received a letter stating we could no-longer use our timeshare and have not paid any fees this year so I take it that our contract has now been terminated.

Has anyone sued them for occupancy rights or compensation?

Offline Morpheus

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2017, 10:12:46 »
There was a group got together to fight what was perceived as the attempt by TV to take the resort from the ownership of those who had actually paid for it.

There was a clear legal opinion that the committee had not rotated, or indeed been elected, in line with the provided constitution.

In the end, however, all those involved simply gave up the fight (for various reasons) and appear to have been happy to walk away from the maintenance fee hikes etc.

AFAIK nobody has sued them over this issue - the odds of anyone deeming it worthwhile to club together to get a lawyer involved again may not be great though.
Long time member of MORPS (www.morps.org [nofollow]) the RCI Points owners group.
Experienced timesharer

If you LIKE the advice any member gives, please feel free to click the "APPLAUD" by their name and details on the left. It makes us feel valued.

Offline Capital N

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2017, 13:31:51 »
We also refused to sign the transfer deal. We did not pay the maintenance fee this year. So far we have heard nothing at all from Moness.
Do you think that is the end of our involvement ? Theoretically we should receive some reimbursement for our week that we can no longer use ???
Any thoughts?

Offline Morpheus

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2017, 10:59:47 »
My advice? Walk away. Pay no more, expect nothing back.

Accept that the resort you helped develop has been taken over by someone else, and just look back on the good memories you had of the wonderful location.
Long time member of MORPS (www.morps.org [nofollow]) the RCI Points owners group.
Experienced timesharer

If you LIKE the advice any member gives, please feel free to click the "APPLAUD" by their name and details on the left. It makes us feel valued.