Reminder guide on how to exit timeshare

Offline devil in disguise

• twelve years of hell
Re: Reminder guide on how to exit timeshare
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2018, 07:52:01 »
Some timeshare resorts have now started to pursue consumer for non payment of fees. Which resort are you with ?
Sick of being taken for a ride by, the timeshare industries salesman. All I ever got from timeshare ownership was, in Debt, in dispute, in perpetuity, in trouble and insulted and in disgust.

Offline Roadrunner

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2018, 11:03:57 »
All my correspondence to cancel my contract has been ignored by my resort, so I have not paid my annual membership fees, and am now in breach of my contract, so they may sue me but I doubt it.  However I am still paying the loan company so technically do I still own the timeshare?

Offline colinc1

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2018, 12:04:50 »
My personal resort is Monte Carvoeiro in Portugal

Offline colinc1

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2018, 12:29:53 »
Other thoughts i have had, is to ask for a complete breakdown of the maintenance fee invoice. Most resorts, if not all, supply a lump sum invoice, but i understand that the consumer is legally entitled to have it broken down.
Also if taken to court there is within the Consumer Rights Act of 2015 a clause which states " A term is or notice unfair if, contrary to the requirement of good faith, it causes a significant imbalance in the parties’ rights and obligations under the contract to the detriment of the consumer." This might apply if for example, a viable exit strategy has been taken away, or if the resort demands fees despite the fact that the owner can no longer travel.

Offline devil in disguise

• twelve years of hell
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2018, 15:05:34 »
All timeshare contracts are different, however, if the contract refers to 'Maintainance fees, you are in effect maintaining a property you have a right to occupy all be it in a particular week.

Accordingly, you are entitled to a breakdown of the costs and an explanation as to the way that cost needed to be incurred.

Of course, you will appreciate that some costs will be due and owing and these should be assessed and paid by you
Sick of being taken for a ride by, the timeshare industries salesman. All I ever got from timeshare ownership was, in Debt, in dispute, in perpetuity, in trouble and insulted and in disgust.