club flamingo Tenerife

Offline evilmotherbitch

club flamingo Tenerife
« on: June 08, 2016, 23:27:29 »
We owned timeshare ar club flamingo in Tenerife , we stopped paying the maintenance fees in 2010 and heard nothing for years. Then a few years ago we received letters from a debt collection agency in Liverpool demanding back payment and threatening court action, we took legal advice and were advised the debt collection agency were not worth the paper written on and to ignore , we did ..heard nothing more for 2 years then just last week we had an email from flamingo club offering us the chance to relinquish the unit and write off all outstanding debt by signing a disclaimer that made reference to section 32 Spanish law 4/2012.  The document also makes reference to us relinqinsing all rights to any monies.  We don't quite get why now? Is this an attempt to avoid a claim for mis sold timeshare? Has anyone else had this email? Any advice greatly appreciated .  thanks

Offline Mike F

• Old enough to know better
Re: club flamingo Tenerife
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 09:05:49 »
Hi
I own timeshare in America not Spain so not an expert on this - however having followed the advice on this forum I am fairly confident that this is as you have guessed an attempt by Flamingo to head you off at the pass (excuse the pun) and avoid any future possible claim that you may make.  I am sure that once people on this site read your post you will receive more accurate and informative information.  My advice would be to not sign anything until the 'experts' on here have had a chance to comment.

Mike F
In god we trust - the rest of you must bring evidence

Offline evilmotherbitch

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 22:25:48 »
Thank you Mike, we've heard on the grapevine that Flamingo Club wants to become a hotel so would have to compensate owners to get rid of them.  Not sure if that's truth or rumour but if anyone on this forum has any information, we'd appreciate hearing it.  Thanks again

Offline wilsonjenny

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 10:13:41 »
Very interesting and thanks 'evilmotherbitch' for posting this information.  We too, are owners and have been paying our maintenance fees each year in order that we can deposit with II and have had some good trades.  We have only stayed at Flamingo once in all the time we have had the timeshare.  Once was enough for us as we did not think it was very good at all.  The room was dated and was in urgent need of a refurb with the usual 'in-house' cockroach appearing from time to time from the oven!  We also paid (250 Euros)/£220) for some upgrading as an extra payment. This was very minor and was not very good at all.  From reviews on TripAdvisor it seems that the resort is getting better reviews than in the past and I get the impression that apartments are being gradually refurbished to a higher level.  On trying to find out whether our apartment 517/week 52 (facing the road) has been refurbished is like asking for 'state secrets'.  Maintenance for 2016 was 500 Euros/£348 - so going up every year. Still not too bad as things go as they have upgraded the outside and reception areas to a higher standard than before. 

If they are thinking of buying owner out then we will certainly think about it.  Looking forward to any further developments.
Jenny

Offline wilsonjenny

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 15:20:13 »
Hello

Are there any other Club Flamingo timeshare owners out there? We have just received our maintenance  fees for 2019 at a cost of 556,00 Euros 5% increase on last year, due to the recent significant increases in services, quality of apartments and installations offered to our members.  This year we are being asked to send a signed copy, along with a copy of our signature for verification purposes to comply with the Personal Data Regulations (copy of passport will suffice).

We have until the end of November to pay after this time we lose the right to stay or deposit for II.  We can still stay at Flamingo but in another apartment. No other news is forthcoming - very poor communication as always.

I can see from recent reviews on TripAdvisor that they are now getting much better ones for the refurbished apartments, but not for the old ones.  Anyone been recently?

Would love to get rid of this timeshare as we never stay in it and always deposit with II.
Jenny