Contract surrender Peublo Evita & Diamond club Calypso

Started by miniman, September 20, 2016, 20:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

miniman

Hi everyone, newbie to the forum but so glad I started to read the posts, just a little back ground about my time shares,
purchased our first one at Peublo Evita 25 years ago, same old speal at the seminar time share is an investment the maintanace fees are cheaper than purchasing a normal holiday? as we all know having tried to sell them they are not worth the paper they are written on, we have only visited Peublo Evita once in the first year and then it wasn`t the apartment we had signed for which was the duplex that the developer once owned LOL.
The second apartment at Lanzarote Diamond Club Calypso was purchased August 1995 on an exchange holiday again all the speal from the salesman swayed us into purchasing, I must say that we had been exchanging to other resorts over the four years and we always had a nice holiday so the second week came in handy as we always have two weeks, well thats the intro and you all know what`s coming next, yes we have plucked up the courage this year and I have e mailed both clubs and explained that we wish to surrender the holiday certificates for the weeks we own as we no longer wish to use them and we are not asking for any money for them, we have also stipulated that we will not pay our management fees for the year commencing 2017.
Diamond club returned my mail and said we can`t give them back but they would release us from the contract if we paid Three years management fees upfront? is this the norm, we also had a mail from time share advice centre asking us for the details as they could get some money back?? we have never enquired with these people how did they get my e mail address? Peublo said no as this would be a burden on the other members and we should sell privatley as they are seeing returns on a weekly basis for transfers??
should I reply and tell them our financial circumstances have changed which they have or just ignore the mail and don`t pay another penny,
sorry if you think this is long winded but future post will be shorter I hope.
Regards
Miniman

Norm de Plume

Just stop paying and ignore the threatening letters which may follow. Your chances of getting any money back are minimal.
If you have found the advice I have given useful and I have saved you some money, perhaps you would like to make a donation to the Prostate Cancer Charity, mentioning my name. (www.prostatecanceruk.org)

miniman

Thanks for the advice, Norm de Plume we do not want any money back, we just have no use for them anymore as our financial circumstances have changed,
on another subject we are RCI members and we are not going to renew next year , can anyone tell me what happens to the space banked weeks that they are holding are they returned to the resorts??
Miniman