Misrepresentation

Started by robello100, October 07, 2016, 11:55:59

Previous topic - Next topic

robello100

We were sold a timeshare and signed a contract. We paid, what we thought, was a deposit on the day. After bad reports and further investigations in the paperwork we found the 'deposit' was actually a payment an invoice for a 'free' gift and for a week's accommodation we didn't know we were buying. Unfortunately, our suspicions weren't aroused until well after the 14 day cooling off period. We have worked out that purpose of the misrepresentation is to get round the Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 where the seller isn't allowed to extract money for a timeshare until after 14 days. As there are two lots of paperwork the Seller and the Credit Card company are both saying there are two contracts. We understood that there was only one contract and that was for the purchase of the time share. To get our money back we have to get acceptance that there was only one contract and not two as reflected in the paperwork. Have we any chance at all of succeeding? Or has anyone any advice to offer please. Thanks.

robello100

Norm de Plume

Impossible to advise without seeing the paperwork. You could pm it to me.
If you have found the advice I have given useful and I have saved you some money, perhaps you would like to make a donation to the Prostate Cancer Charity, mentioning my name. (www.prostatecanceruk.org)

robello100

Thanks for your reply. I'll PM the 'invoice' to you.