Infiniti/MG Muthu Points

Started by helpimafish, January 19, 2017, 13:09:14

Previous topic - Next topic

helpimafish

Hi, I'm new to this forum and just wanted to guage the current feeling about exiting from Infiniti's points scheme.
My wife and I have 40,000 points, 15,000 which I bought during my second marriage at Hever (which is no longer owned by MGM) and 25,000 which I bought on honeymoon with my 3rd wife at Grangefield Oasis. The hope was that the increased total of points would lead to a better selection of holiday options. Wrong!
We really don't want to continue with them. We can't afford to go away every year as it is and as we are both on our third marriage, have no children between us to pass this millstone onto, even if we wanted to.
Payment for this year's points was due by 31/12/16 but so far I have ignored all emails and calls from numbers I don't recognize, especially those from Tenerife!
The last time we went on holiday, in 2015, I spoke to a rep with the intent of getting out of the contract but was only offered a 5 or 10 year deal which obviously relied on buying even more points. I declined.
If they eventually threaten court action, what is the possibility of them following up on it? Both contracts are in perpetuity.

jcorrea-lawyer

If you want send me copy of your documentation by email (javier@correaguimera.com) and I will see what are your chances. Preliminary advice is for free, with no obligation.
Bringing legal advice on Timeshare matters throughout Spain.
Lawyer nº 1071 of the Las Palmas Bar Association. Canary Islands.
http://www.correaguimera.com

helpimafish

Thank you Javier, I'll dig the contracts out over the weekend. Just to clarify, we're not looking to sell, just to exit the scheme. If there is any chance of recovering some of our investment from MGM (unlikely, I know) that would be a bonus.

Cheers

Dave

jcorrea-lawyer

Perfect, I'll tell you the different options and costs, then you decide what to do with no obligation.

helpimafish

Hi Javier

Just wanted to ensure that you received my documents on Monday; I had a problem sending it initially because of the size of the attachment.

jcorrea-lawyer

Received with thanks :) check you inbox mail

Karen Taft

Hello,
I am also looking to leave Infiniti.

We had many happy holidays using our points until our last visit to CPO in 2015 when we were talked into buying a further 100,000 points in order to make all our points recindable after 5 years.  Just over 12 months later we are stuck with finance with Barclays at £183 per month plus £150 per month for maintenance and can no longer afford to holiday.

We were put in contact with a travel agency just up the road and were told he would be able to rent out our points which would cover our maintenance (with hindsight how naive we were to think this would work)

I've cancelled the direct debit for my maintenance fees, I would also like to break free of the finance (13,000) can anyone advise me?