RSL DIAMOND CLUB CALYPSO FEES

Offline miniman

RSL DIAMOND CLUB CALYPSO FEES
« on: April 03, 2017, 21:18:16 »
Hi all,
having ignored the phone calls and e-mail from Diamond Club Calypso they have now sent a letter asking for the maintenance fee with added surcharges, this is the letter from RSL Diamond Club Calypso.
You are in breach of your contract and payment should be made immediately. surcharges have been added and the account must be cleared,
you have now lost your occcupancy rights and your facilities with RCI have been blocked, please note that further action may now be taken without writing to you further, should I reply? or just keep ignoring them, any advise or further information is much appreciated.
thanks miniman

Offline Norm de Plume

• Global Moderator
  • Arthur Stuttard - Retired Barrister
Re: RSL DIAMOND CLUB CALYPSO FEES
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 11:49:21 »
If you have any specific point, raise it with them. Otherwise continue to ignore.
If you have found the advice I have given useful and I have saved you some money, perhaps you would like to make a donation to the Prostate Cancer Charity, mentioning my name. (www.prostatecanceruk.org)

Offline miniman

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 21:40:58 »
hi Norm De Plume and all,
just received a solicitors letter from Wilson and Brown on behalf of RSL Diamond Club Calypso asking for the outstanding maintenance fees plus surcharge,it also reads the practise direction obliges us to reply within 14 days, the practise direction also draws our attention to paragraph 16 concerning the courts powers to impose sanctions for failing to comply? it also says they will seek compensation and statutory interest under the late payment of commercial debts act and regulations, can anyone shed some light on this for me please, they also threaten court proceedings and our credit rating.
Should we ignore the threats and play the waiting game.
thanks for any info or comments.
miniman.

Offline Norm de Plume

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 10:29:38 »
I'm afraid it's impossible to advise without seeing the whole of the documentation.
Initially, where is jurisdiction said to be?
If you have found the advice I have given useful and I have saved you some money, perhaps you would like to make a donation to the Prostate Cancer Charity, mentioning my name. (www.prostatecanceruk.org)

Offline miniman

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 12:08:03 »
Hi Norm de Plume,
I have looked through the constitution and on page 18 paragraph 20 says Proper Law, this constitution shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Isle of Man, the other thing I have just realised we paid a deposit of £500 on 31/08/1995 the day we signed and then the finance was arranged by First National Bank was this legal at the time?? will this help our case of releasing our membership back to Diamond Club Calypso.thanks again for your response.
Miniman..

Offline Norm de Plume

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 16:03:17 »
Proceedings would have to be brought in the IoM. To my knowledge this has never been done by any company.

Offline jcorrea-lawyer

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 12:45:18 »
A Norm says, I would ignore it.
Bringing legal advice on Timeshare matters throughout Spain.
Lawyer nº 1071 of the Las Palmas Bar Association. Canary Islands.
http://www.correaguimera.com [nofollow]