TIME SHARE CLAIMS PHONE CALLS

Offline petty

« on: April 20, 2017, 21:54:18 »
Been having a lot of phone calls from timeshare Claim companies, talking about changes in the law of timeshare. Although I am not interested in anything around my timeshare, because it is a very useful holiday for my babes who suffers from a severe form of autism and I am able to keep her routines on her holiday.

I am curious to know what is it that has changed and will it affect me in the future if anything happens to my personal life with my timeshare, does anyone on here know

Thanks

Offline lawnmower60

Re: TIME SHARE CLAIMS PHONE CALLS
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 10:15:25 »
If your timeshare is in Spain this posting now covers all timeshares under Spanish law
   http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk/index.php/topic,18944.0.html
Brian

Offline petty

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 22:40:21 »
Thanks Brian

Although our timeshare is in Tenerife, it was a transfer from another member, so I suppose this would not be useful for me. However, I am happy with this place, struggling a bit to get the autistic babes there but when we are there it's routines as usual

Offline lawnmower60

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 11:36:27 »
I do not know if you mean that your timeshare is not in Spain or because you purchased it from another owner  The Canaries are part of Spain as for the timeshare if the contract is in your name and it is in perpuity it is illegal I have just got out of a contract in Gran Canaria  that I had bought as a resale
Brian

Offline petty

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 22:05:13 »
Would this not change the contracts that already exist if so does it mean timeshare companies are ignoring this law

Offline jcorrea-lawyer

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 00:16:41 »
If you bought privately, your "right to use" is still unlawful thus you can ask for cancellation. The legal issue here is to whom ask for compensation and return of monies paid. You should do it directly to the private seller, not the Club, that may be responsible based on the damage caused to you, but not for breach of a contract that they didn't sign.

Yes, timeshare companies always try to justify that it is not about their case what the Supreme Court has decided
Bringing legal advice on Timeshare matters throughout Spain.
Lawyer nÂș 1071 of the Las Palmas Bar Association. Canary Islands.
http://www.correaguimera.com [nofollow]