Exiting Palm Oasis obligation

Offline Stewksley

Exiting Palm Oasis obligation
« on: May 25, 2017, 11:50:14 »
Hi All

Having recently contacted Palm Oasis regarding exiting my contract they have, to my surprise informed me they have a process in place for 'contract resolutions' (having read on here it has subsequently come as not so much of a surprise :)).

Not only are they willing to let me exit the obligation they have informed me there is a residual value left on the contract that they will refund to me. To initiate this process they have informed me that I require an NIE number.

I'd be interested to understand if anyone has a view on if this indeed is required (my research leads me to believe it is required if you are buying property but there is no mention of selling property (am I actually selling a property at all?))

Has anyone applied for such a number and if so is it a straight forward process (should I do it myself or engage a 3rd party to do it on my behalf)?

Are there any potential implications from a tax perspective from the initial purchase of the weeks retrospectively?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!

Offline Norm de Plume

• Global Moderator
  • Arthur Stuttard - Retired Barrister
Re: Exiting Palm Oasis obligation
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 14:34:47 »
You should only need an NIE if your timeshare was deeded by Escritura, which most are not.
If you have found the advice I have given useful and I have saved you some money, perhaps you would like to make a donation to the Prostate Cancer Charity, mentioning my name. (www.prostatecanceruk.org)

Offline lawnmower60

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 15:05:19 »
This is my posting on POA owners site
 Today I received my legal papers from POA for the transfer of my weeks back to POA so I am no more an owner there. the paperwork was easy to do just had to fill it in take it to a notary and get an NIE number I got the Nie numbers for the two of us from a someone recommended by POA this cost me 140 euros but I had worked it out that by the time we had paid for two tickets from Woking to Waterloo at peak time with no seats plus taxi to Spanish embassy it would have worked out at about ¬£100 as I am not too good on my legs I do not think I could take the strain. I will miss going to POA but we thought that while we could get out we would in case something happened to one of us also the journey was getting a bit to much .If we do decide to go again we will see if some one on this site has any weeks there not using If anyone wants details to get Nie number let me know
Brian

Offline Stewksley

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 16:56:50 »
Hi Lawnmower

I am not a member of the POA owners board and there seems no way of registering to view any posts but reading your response to my post it seems that you have gone through this exit process I am embarking on and an NIE number is indeed required.

POA haven't recommended a 3rd party to use and whilst I am more than happy to do so (for many of the same reasons you highlight) I would really like to engage a reputable one as there are many hits from a web search - would you mind letting me know whom you used?

Thanks for the information you have already supplied!

Offline lawnmower60

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 17:24:34 »
If you get in touch with this lady she will send you  all the details
Both owners  need to obtain a N.I.E. number, if you need help to obtain this document you can contact Louise Balks√§ter, telephone 0034 619832197, email louisebalksater@yahoo.es
   She is very efficient and will give the numbers to POA and send originals to you the 140 euros includes the fee at the police station
                                       Hope this helps
Brian

Offline Duffygaskins

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 10:18:49 »
My husband and I have also exited our obligation with Palm Oasis. We got our NIE numbers from  the Spanish Embassy in London. If you look on the Spanish Embassy website it will show you the cost for NIE numbers what documentation you need to take with you etc really was quite straightforward.

Offline Stewksley

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 12:46:54 »
Duffygaskins, thanks for your response - it's good to know existing the obligation it's now a routine practise. I have taken lawnmower60's advise and engaged Louise's services. I will be delivering the documents to her in person later this month as we will be using the Palm Oasis facilities one more time as 'owners' (as we've paid the maintenance fees for the year!)
Just out of curiosity how much time elapsed between getting the NIE number and contractual obligations ceasing?

Offline Stewksley

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 16:14:46 »
Quick update - I have now received my papers back confirming I am no longer an owner and had the balance of the contract deposited into my account. It was a painless process and would recommend Louise's services (as suggested by lawnmower60) especially if you do not have the tenacity/inclination to arrange your own NIE number.
Thanks for all the responses and suggestions!