European Claims Centre

Offline Peajaytea

European Claims Centre
« on: May 27, 2017, 17:43:15 »
Has anyone had successful dealings with this company whose offices are based in Fuengirola Spain? This Thursday I attended their office as I'd been told I could get compensation on being mis-sold my Marriotts timeshare in Paris. Eventually it turned out I couldn't get compensation as the law in France is not the same. However I was also offered to relinquish my timeshare for a fee of £5940, £480 to be paid immediately and the balance within one week. I was told it was the only way to get rid of my unwanted timeshare as if I stopped paying the maintenance I would get the bailiffs at my door and be forced to pay. Considering the amount already paid for my timeshare including maintenance came to over £22,800 and it's only been used about 5 times in 13 years I saw it as an escape, especially as my children were unwilling to be lumbered with the debt on my death. When I left the office with my children we looked at eachother and I said, "I feel I've just been in a timeshare sales office", my daughter replied that it had seemed much more like a sales pitch than explaining my legal options. When I got home I looked the company up on the internet and immediately saw links to ITRA, they even had the same posters up on the walls as in a watchdog episode on tv investigating ITRA. Immediately alarm bells started ringing and I didn't sleep that night and was physically shaken since. I started looking for advice on how to get out of this contract, there is no cooling off period because in their words "we are providing a service not selling". I don't know whether I am obliged by law to pay the remainder in a few days time, I need to get a loan to do so and so far have been unsuccessful in arranging one, or whether I should refuse to pay and try and get my deposit back through the credit card company. I have chronic disabilities and am unable to work the hours god intended. I have since found out that there is no reason to have to pay to get the timeshare agreement dissolved. Are these sharks preying on innocent people or not? Anyone with prior experience with them please advise.

Offline Peajaytea

Re: European Claims Centre
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 12:25:54 »
I saw those after I'd  been to their office. The website is still up and the office still operating.

Offline Peajaytea

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 13:08:25 »
I can now say that even though I got taken in by them I was helped immensely by the following website, http:/timesharebusinesscheck.org, through them I was directed to KwikChex who were amazing. They guided me every step of the way and I managed to get all my money back from ECC. I am so grateful to my contact Gemma at KwikChex without whose help I would still have been none the wiser to these scammers. I have spoken directly to Marriotts and am able to relinquish my timeshare week with them for no fee or legal repercussions as opposed to the information given by European Claims Centre. Anyone wishing to give up their week please be warned and don't be taken in by empty promises by dubious companies.
My advice is check them out first with timesharebusinesscheck.org before handing over any money.

Offline Aker

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 11:32:27 »
interesting article on here, for everybody reading this please check this link ....
oh not allowed to post external links sorry. check out timeshare consumer association org uk for Kwik chex ltd. they have been exposed. Not sure about this web page also !!