Golden Sands Resort Malta

Offline Laurence_Clark

Golden Sands Resort Malta
« on: July 10, 2017, 10:32:37 »
Can anyone help me? Me and my partner were invited to Golden Sands for a sales pitch to buy a timeshare. During the pitch the sales manager came back with a resale unit for £17000. He told us that resale units were not available for people that are not on the booking system. He told us if we bought a weeks holiday at £950 we would be on the books and therefore eligible for the resale unit.

We went ahead and bought the holiday so that we could take up the resale unit which was a significant discount to a new unit.

After looking through the paper work we decided that this offer did not make sense and we exercised our 14 day cooling off and cancelled.

My question is will I be able to get the £950 back?

Offline rrb

• Hi all who want to get rid of their timeshare
Re: Golden Sands Resort Malta
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 22:00:34 »
do not go through with the purchase - count yourself lucky you only lost £995 as the whole timeshare purchase is not what it looks like - you will paying for ever the maintenance and will not get the vacation you want - better of booking package holidays at least you know you do not have to pay any other fees
We will be stroger together

Offline Norm de Plume

• Global Moderator
  • Arthur Stuttard - Retired Barrister
Re: Golden Sands Resort Malta
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 11:08:18 »
If you've cancelled, you are entitled to your money back.
If you have found the advice I have given useful and I have saved you some money, perhaps you would like to make a donation to the Prostate Cancer Charity, mentioning my name. (www.prostatecanceruk.org)