Orange Lake miss old contract compensation

Offline calabonzo

Orange Lake miss old contract compensation
« on: July 25, 2017, 20:52:32 »
Hello.  I recently got a call from a company telling me that I can can claim thousands of pounds in compensation because my timeshare weeks in Orange Lake were sold to me illegally.  One of the things they stated was that we should not have had to pay a deposit on the day we bought.
I have no real issues with our ownership, but the fact that I can book the same weeks online for less than my maintenance fees really sticks in my throat.
I'd happily get out of this ownership, particularly as it no longer works for me but I was just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar position.
The compensation company want us to fly to Tenerife for 5 days in December.  If we do this, are we likely to get the thing resolved or will it be just another horrendous timeshare experience.  What are the chances of getting compensation enough to cover at least some of the costs of the timeshare and will we have to pay legal fees?
Any advice much appreciated.

Offline Norm de Plume

• Global Moderator
  • Arthur Stuttard - Retired Barrister
Re: Orange Lake miss old contract compensation
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 10:07:46 »
All the signs of a classic scam - cold calling; can only be dealt with in Tenerife. Avoid like the plague!
If you have found the advice I have given useful and I have saved you some money, perhaps you would like to make a donation to the Prostate Cancer Charity, mentioning my name. (www.prostatecanceruk.org)

Offline calabonzo

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 19:01:20 »
They have now come back saying we can do this in one day if we go to York for a meeting.
They said during that time, they will calculate how much we are due and set the ball rolling. 
I contacted a timeshare owner's website and they said they had no complaints against the company.
Anyone any joy in getting compensation for this reason?

Offline Morpheus

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 14:36:08 »
Norm is a retired lawyer and his advice is well worth following.

This is a classic Cold Call scam - walk away quickly with your wallet intact
Long time member of MORPS (www.morps.org [nofollow]) the RCI Points owners group.
Experienced timesharer

If you LIKE the advice any member gives, please feel free to click the "APPLAUD" by their name and details on the left. It makes us feel valued.