RCI buying DAE - how will it impact DAE Europe?

Offline Carolinian

RCI buying DAE - how will it impact DAE Europe?
« on: August 25, 2017, 01:03:14 »
It has been announced that RCI is buying DAE, which is an attack on exchange service competition for timesharers.  Hopefully, this monopolistic move will be rejected by the competition authorities in Australia, where it will get the most serious review.  The Australian and American branches of DAE are company owned, by the European office is a franchise.  Has RCI bought the franchise out as well?  Will it spin off under a new name?  Hopefully, the RCI Borg will not assimilate DAE Europe.

Offline Morpheus

Re: RCI buying DAE - how will it impact DAE Europe?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 13:24:47 »
If RCI DO buy DaE, I will cease membership the exact second that this goes through.

We have been (very, very happy) members of DaE since escaping RCI, and I refuse to have anything to do with them again.
Long time member of MORPS (www.morps.org [nofollow]) the RCI Points owners group.
Experienced timesharer

If you LIKE the advice any member gives, please feel free to click the "APPLAUD" by their name and details on the left. It makes us feel valued.

Offline Carolinian

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 19:14:37 »
DAE has a major presence in the timeshare exchange market in Australia, and this deal will need approval from Australian monopoly regulators. That is all that stands in its way.  The RCI press release says that the DAE offices in Australia, New Zealand, the USA, and Egypt will become RCI offices.  It says nothing about the DAE  offices in the UK and South Africa.  The UK office is a franchise, and I suspect the one in South Africa may be as well.  It is my hope that the Europe office will spin off, change its name, and soldier on as it is.

Offline jcorrea-lawyer

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 10:03:28 »
I doubt that these changes (mergers or acquisitions) are for the better of consumers...
Bringing legal advice on Timeshare matters throughout Spain.
Lawyer nÂș 1071 of the Las Palmas Bar Association. Canary Islands.
http://www.correaguimera.com [nofollow]