Madeira Regency Palace changed to Pestana Royal

Offline KevinF

Madeira Regency Palace changed to Pestana Royal
« on: October 12, 2017, 10:06:00 »
We had 3 weeks timeshare at the Madeira Regency Palace. Apart from an employee emailing me just before the collapse we have heard NOTHING from anyone apart from RCI offering us something in Spain. How can someone else just buy the hotel, now renamed the Pestana Royal, without any communication. In my view it is fraud as each timeshare owner owns a little part of it. This just goes to prove what a shoddy organisation the time share industry is - I shall NEVER buy another timeshare! Has anyone news re people to contact etc?
PS I have never been onto a website where there are FIVE security questions before one can post - ridiculous!

Offline Morpheus

Re: Madeira Regency Palace changed to Pestana Royal
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 16:39:53 »
Sadly, this is not an usual tale - we have heard similar from owners at Beverly Hills Club, recently Los Clavelles, and in Scotland at Moness. Each different, but in each, the owners have worked a flanker (allegedly) to remove the timeshare owners, one way or another.
Long time member of MORPS (www.morps.org [nofollow]) the RCI Points owners group.
Experienced timesharer

If you LIKE the advice any member gives, please feel free to click the "APPLAUD" by their name and details on the left. It makes us feel valued.

Offline TedC

Re: Madeira Regency Palace changed to Pestana Royal
« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:45:02 »
KevinF, have you contacted the Madeira Regency Owners Association based in Cardiff? http://www.mroa.org/default.asp?M= [nofollow]