Gary (It's got noting to do with me) Smith, Mercantile claims

Offline devil in disguise

• twelve years of hell
All out war has begun between parts of the timeshare industry and scamming Smiths.

Letters are winging their way to timeshare owners directly accusing the Smiths Companies as a scam lol.

The Smiths say 'Fox James, Dominic O'Reilly, Eze Group and Fulbrook Associates are nothing to do with us.

Truly exposed now.

Mr Gary Smith The Scam Man
Sick of being taken for a ride by, the timeshare industries salesman. All I ever got from timeshare ownership was, in Debt, in dispute, in perpetuity, in trouble and insulted and in disgust.

Offline Williamdobbs

Re: Gary (It's got noting to do with me) Smith, Mercantile claims
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 09:46:36 »
I see the repugnant immoral scam valet is in the news again.

Silverpoint joins the numerous companies suing Pretorian legal.

• twelve years of hell
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 09:54:56 »
Further to our write up on Mercantile Claims and Praetorian Legal at the beginning of this month, we have discovered that they have other unorthodox company connections. The main one being ‘Mis Sold Consumer Claims’.  Their website https://missoldconsumers.claims/ [nofollow] does not even comply with the UK standards for a website.  There is no registered company address and has a different name for the company that it is registered as ‘Mis-Sold Consumer Reclaim Limited’.

This company is directed by Oliver James Reynolds, who is also director of two more companies in Birmingham that do not relate to the claims company.  In fact, they were both incorporated in first few months of 2016 and are in relation to Fitness and Digital Marketing.  A wide spectrum for a sole director, it is also unknown at this time if he works for mis-sold consumer reclaims, or if he is simply a sleeping director.  He may also work for Mercantile Claims Limited, however, there is no evidence of this.

https://www.timeshareconsumerassociation.org.uk/2018/03/26/mis-sold-consumer-linked-with-praetorian-and-mercantile/ [nofollow]
Sick of being taken for a ride by, the timeshare industries salesman. All I ever got from timeshare ownership was, in Debt, in dispute, in perpetuity, in trouble and insulted and in disgust.

• twelve years of hell
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 10:02:29 »
The following companies all have or had offices at

Onyx House
12 Phoenix Bussiness Park
Avenue Close
Birmingham
England B7 4NU.

Name: LMC Law Ltd----Directors: Mr Gary Smith and Mrs Karen Hesker-Smith

Name: Mercantile Claims Management Solutions Ltd----Directors: Mr Gary Smith and Mrs Karen Hesker-Smith

Name: Praetorian Legal Limited----Directors: Mr Gary Smith and Mrs Karen Hesker-Smith

Name: Praetorian Legal Litigation Management Ltd----Directors: Mr Gary Smith and Mrs Karen Hesker-Smith

Name: Access 2 Barristers Direct Ltd----Directors: Mrs Karen Hesker-Smith

Name: Legal Cost Master Ltd----Directors: Mr Gary Smith and Mrs Karen Hesker-Smith

Name: SPS Consultants Limited----Directors: Mr Stephen Saunders

Name: Fulbrook Associates Ltd----Directors: Kathleen & Martyn Scully

Your welcome
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 12:55:31 by TimeshareTalk »

Offline Williamdobbs

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 09:13:07 »
Further to the write up on Mercantile Claims and Praetorian Legal, Its been discovered that they have other unorthodox company connections.

The main one being ‘Mis Sold Consumer Claims’.  Their website https://missoldconsumers.claims/ [nofollow] again does not comply with the UK standards for a website.  There is no registered company address and has a different name to the company that it is registered as ‘Mis-Sold Consumer Reclaim Limited’.

This Company is directed by Oliver James Reynolds, who is also director of two more companies in Birmingham that do not relate to the claims company.  In fact, they were both incorporated in the first few months of 2016 and are in relation to Fitness and Digital Marketing.  A wide spectrum for a sole director, it is also unknown at this time if he works for mis-sold consumer reclaims, or if he is simply a sleeping director.  He may also work for Mercantile Claims Limited.

Offline Williamdobbs

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 09:34:37 »
The Timeshare industry has taken a barrage of attacks in media and legally through the courts, following many cases of mis-sold timeshares through various ‘scams’ and ‘contract loopholes’ over the past years.  Today, unfortunately, is no different and there are still many malpractices occurring in the industry, with many new ‘timeshare solutions and related products’.

Further to the stories, the continuation of timeshare exit products are still being mis-sold to the unsuspecting timeshare owner and headed up by Praetorian Legal and Mercantile Claims.  Mr & Mrs Gary Smith, have many hidden relationships in their business and are still imposing on consumers very unsettling contractual terms.  In one of the contracts I have been able to source, there is a bold statement which reads along the lines of;

‘You cannot talk to anyone in respect of the service performed, and you commissioning us’

Obliging the signee to not talk to any other regarding the service they have contracted from Praetorian Legal.

In other words, Praetorian Legal are forbidding its own clients to seek other advice. 

This is nonsensical and consumers should always seek,  advise. You must get other opinions, and in this case even more so; Praetorian Legal is trying to fend off complaints, competition and any other questions regarding their services, by prohibiting those who contract them, not to talk about them.  I recommend that you do not heed of Praetorians advice, and should seek immediate third-party opinions in respect of the questions you have regarding anything that you might be considering signing.

The power that these two sister companies hold over its clients is quite frightening. Praetorian Legal offers a strange ‘Exit Service’ and then convinces their client to go ahead with a compensation claim from their recommended ‘claims company’, Mercantile Claims which is not officially trading and at no point have they told the client that this is just an extension of their business. 

The claims they suggest they make are done so by ‘experts' and 'qualified' in the field, however, the claimed expert and qualified person is a known thief and criminal Ian Benbow.

Along with full diligence’ Praetorian legal claims a  PLC Insurance company recommends their service saying their service is ‘fantastic’ and that the legal cases that they deliver are so concrete that they will provide an 'indemnity' for the individual clients against any legal costs or maintenance fees of up to £50,000 over a term of six years. This is lies, major lies and lies that will harm you because this so-called ‘Insurance Company’ is non-existent. 

Both Mr & Mrs Smith were previously PPI claims management managers in companies that ended up being 'struck off' for malpractice.  However, this declaration is still used in the pitch that Praetorian Legal still use today.

Extremely worrying, even in the so-called corrupt world of Timeshare.

The indemnity that is being sold to these clients is provided by the one and only Mr Harry Darby, another employee of Praetorian Legal.

He claims to be a ‘Director’ of the company, however, his name does not appear on Companies House register alongside the corrupt ‘Mr & Mrs Smith’. 

His experience is in Car Sales and admin in Car Depots, but PL claim that he is ‘Head of Operations and Business Development’, how someone with no experience in business can claim that they are experienced in ‘implementing new processes and managing customer needs to fulfil the Companies’ motto of, ‘managing clients’ expectations’.  He also had a prior business with his dad Peter; which was 'struck off' in 2016 at the same time he was employed by the infamous Mr & Mrs Smith.

Finally, the ‘experienced and very qualified solicitor’ that the Smiths have contracted to complete their legal contracts for both PL and Mercantile, has previously served time for ‘thieving’ large sums of money from client accounts and he is just the icing on the poisonous cake.

PL and Mercantile Claims have been built from ‘dodgy', 'fraudulent and previously 'sentenced’ people.
Consumers should err on the side of caution when speaking to either of them and if you do, seek advice straight after as to what your next move should be.

Advice from a Consumer Association

Offline EddyNoP

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2018, 17:54:11 »
I got this today

IMPORTANT CONSUMER UPDATE PRAETORIAN LEGAL AND MERCANTILE CLAIMS

We are receiving calls from clients advising us that they are being constantly ‘cold called’ from unknown sources on an almost daily basis.  These cold callers are advising our clients that the work we have carried out for them in terminating their timeshare is defective and that they are still at risk from the timeshare resort.  They are also advising our clients that our insurance backed indemnity is ‘not worth the paper it is written on’. 
Which is very true it is worthless

Both of the above statements are untrue and without substance.

false they are true 

Many of our clients have been with us for the four years of our trading and, unlike many other companies who take your money and run, we have stood steadfastly behind all of our clients.  We contact our clients on a regular basis and, likewise, many of our clients contact us. We are always here to assist you. 

Obviously after 4 years, you have not cancelled the contracts that's why they are still clients

THE LAW

Cold calling people in the way in which these companies do is ‘UNLAWFUL’.  The data they are working from is often stolen and your details have been obtained ‘UNLAWFULLY’.  The ironic thing about all of this is, when we ask our clients the identity of the people or companies calling them, they often cannot tell us who called them, but what they say is conveyed to ourselves because it worries our clients.  It is unacceptable that clients should be treated in this way.

errrrr, you Mr Smith worked for a big big cold called when you worked for Eze group and them you believed everything was legal. So your data has been stolen, have you reported yourself for failing to protect your client's data

In May 2018, the new General Data Protection Regulations (the “Regulations”) were enacted across Europe, which gives the consumer greater control over the use of their personal data. You must understand and appreciate that these regulations were created to stop situations like the ones that we are highlighting here.  However, the Regulations will only work if you, the consumer, know your rights and refuse to engage with such companies. 

why should your consumers ignore,  the truth Mr Smith

You should NOT be engaging with cold callers to whom you have no knowledge of who it is you are speaking with.

You are of course at liberty to choose who it is you speak with or engage with. " yes they can"

However, if you then wish to raise a concern with ourselves, based upon information you have received, then we will firstly need the following information;

•   The confirmed identity of a company or person(s) who provided you with information.  If you cannot provide the identity of a company or person that can be properly verified then we cannot assist when contacting us to report something that you cannot substantiate. 

no, but reporting you to authorities will help them

If you do contact us about unknown unlawful cold-callers trying to sell you a timeshare termination with payment of money upfront on the basis that our service is defective in someway then you are at risk of us withdrawing the indemnity you are currently fully covered under. The terms of the indemnity is that you do not agree to pay any ongoing maintenance fees to your resort or engage the services of another whilst you are on cover. 

errrr that not a real risk that's "Blackmail

If we can leave you with this thought: we have completed the work for you and never asked you for any further money, we have been here for you whenever you have needed to contact us and, we have taken action by writing to your resort as and when a response from ourselves has been required.

and you have overcharged, harassed and sold a service you are not qualified to perform and used an ex-car salesman to sell it, what do you think about that Mr Smith

Please ask yourself: if we were operating a scam, why would be here writing to you now and responding to you when you require us to do so?

Because you are defending yourself to dupe others 

The fact is we have over 6,000 clients who depend on our services, and you are one of those clients, is why we are here, to provide ongoing support to you.

So none of them has a termination, as they still remain, clients, spades holes and digging Mr Smith

The terms of the indemnity are clearly outlined within your timeshare exit pack.  There is no further action required by you as this is purely for information purposes. 
yes but no one gets the policy and no one knows the terms of policy the benefits of it

Yours faithfully

Praetorian Legal & Mercantile Claims

AKA 'Dodge um and Scarper'

• twelve years of hell
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 16:54:40 »
The Smiths get another kicking by tess-- they don't give up, do they?

https://tesslimited.co.uk/2018/11/20/the-horror-that-is-praetorian-legal/ [nofollow]

Offline mighty mouse

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 14:42:48 »
I have with some interest read many stories about Praetorian Legal and contacted them for legal assistance to relinquish my Timeshare.

I did accept their offer to meet me at my house and they arrived on time. It was not too long before I realised I was in a sales meeting as their representative was not operating as I would have expected from a Lawyering Solicitor.

What did raise my eyes brows was the suggestion that their timeshare termination services came with legal protection. I explained that nothing is certain, and I hadn’t expected someone to suggest the opposite, to which the Salesman stated that their service was indemnified and if they failed to deliver a relinquishment of my timeshare an insurance policy they had, would fully covered me for any of my legal expenses.

Being now interested, I allowed the meeting to continue, but after 20 mins became concerned that the salesman could not explain nor provide me with the terms and conditions of the policy, repeating the statement more forcefully " you are covered".

He said, eventually its Pretorians insurance policy. Obviously, I retorted if the policy is yours it's not mine, so you might be covered, however, I was not.

The Problem was I am an insurance broker am aware of these kinds of issues, whereas most people are not.

I was then told (with some desperation) I could rely upon what he said, to which he became quite unsettled when I explained, in my opinion, a policy protects the policyholder, not third parties unless the policy says otherwise, I needed to check it.

Needless to say- upon his refusal to give me the document, I told him politely to leave, which he did however only when I pushed the point.

I cannot say I was impressed with them.