Who are the good guys?

crookesey

Re: Who are the good guys?
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 18:00:00 »
This thread is worthy of resurection, timeshare is dying on it's feet, I can rent my mates 4 bed, 3 bath villa with pool on the Benissa coast for 2 weeks, for less than the service charge for a gold crown 2 bed apartment for the same time. I know so many people who own holday homes and rent them out to cover their expenses these days that all I need to do is pick up the phone.

However when my wife and I drive into MacDonalds Dona Lola next month we know that everything will be imaculate. I have to admit that SKY TV is handy, the choice of pools is good, the gardens and water features are stunning and the staff are very professional. Our weeks are worth zero, our service charges have more than doubled since purchase, but what the hell, at least we won't be staying in a cheap jack complex.

So my vote goes to MacDonalds.

Offline Carolinian

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 04:18:13 »
Most of the locations that I exchange into are ones where the cost would be higer to rent.  Otherwise, I would rent rather than exchange.  My summer beach week, at least, still retains good value if I wish to sell it, and I can rent it out for a good bit more than maintenance fees, and in fact have for the last several years.  It all depends on what you own.

crookesey

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2013, 09:26:26 »
Most of the locations that I exchange into are ones where the cost would be higer to rent.  Otherwise, I would rent rather than exchange.  My summer beach week, at least, still retains good value if I wish to sell it, and I can rent it out for a good bit more than maintenance fees, and in fact have for the last several years.  It all depends on what you own.

Well as with us, you appear to be a 'glass half full' person, reading some of the posts you could be forgiven for thinking that the posters had just been given a fortnight to live. I still consider that we have gained far better holidays with time-share than we used to have through travel agents. However after witnessing a resort owners inspection at a gold crown Tenerife resort I had my suspicions verified. The 'resort owners' were Italian Americans with distinct New York accents, I started thereafter to check my bed for horses heads. Joking apart time-share is a cracking way of turning 'dirty' money into a legitimate business, but a leopard can't change it's spots when it sees a 'nice little earner' can it?  ;) 

adamgUK

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2014, 10:45:17 »
Mine would be
MACDONALD RESORTS
as they have their own resale office and are not pushy or bullying like others can be.

I totally agree ;) Have been a good time with MACDONALD RESORTS before.
Now we own two weeks with EUROTEL GROUP which I add to this good guys list too.
Happymember as they say...

BTW THank you for this useful topic

Offline charlie1

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2014, 11:01:08 »
This is a useful topic, but without a doubt Hapimag are at the top of the tree with 50 years in timeshare and not a single complaint on the Internet! They also have a buy back facility so they tick all the boxes.

In the UK St Million a golf resort in Cornwall and Passage House in a very popular location on the estuary in South West Devon. They are popular resorts and they have exit strategies where members can just hand back their weeks. They both do not have queues of members wishing to leave.

I must agree that as far as a family resort is concerned Dona Lola Macdonalds takes some beating. Testimonial to this resort I have met owners that have returned every year for over 20 years and they are not in the minority! Also staff that have been there for over 20 years, they are working on their exit strategy so its heading in the right direction.

Timeshare Weekly is an Independent website working with those who share similar ideals. We are here to guide the consumer make the very best of timeshare. We encourage positive change and solutions. Your either living in the problem or your living in the solution. Contact graham@timeshareweekly.com

Offline jcorrea-lawyer

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 17:41:48 »
Not only as a lawyer but as a NLP Coach I would suggest one of the very basic pillars of it, the modelling. If there are, as we see in this thread, timeshare companies that are succeeding over many years - as Hapimag - doing things not only for their benefit but for their members (shouldn't be that the same??), let's copy them, see what they do, how they do it and even why they do it, and copy them. If something is already invented, better, let's benefit from their experience and do the same!
Bringing legal advice on Timeshare matters throughout Spain.
Lawyer nÂș 1071 of the Las Palmas Bar Association. Canary Islands.
http://www.correaguimera.com [nofollow]

Offline Marvin

• One life
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2015, 21:16:53 »
Passage House in Devon has been a good resort for us for many years. We have NEVER been harangued by pushy salesmen and when they did develop new apartments we were invited to view them which we did, and left to decide if we were interested. However this is a family run business for generations which has developed for the long haul and we don't even have a committee.

I have never even thought of selling and only found out this year that we could hand it back (which I don't want to!)

So applause where applause is due!

I'd rather be in the minority and right, than in the majority and wrong. After all I only have to live with myself!