Mr Cox at TESS

Offline Sandra Jennings

Mr Cox at TESS
« on: August 31, 2018, 15:41:07 »
I don’t think I will offend David Cox by describing him as a ‘rottweiler’. He certainly does not take prisoners and can get under the skin of those who extort money from Timeshare owners.

I happy to say that I rang him having spoken to many cold callers, who were trying to get me to pay more than £8,000’s to get out of my Timeshare. These sharks also claimed that they would get me out ‘Definitly’ and within a year I would get £70,000 in compensation.

At the time I thought it was ridiculed as I had only paid £6,234.00 for the timeshare, but was curious as to the legal position so I called Mr Cox at TESS which I was told not to contact as he was a scam.

I spoke to David who explained that as I have called for free advice I would not be able to instruct him unless I had considered what I was told. I thought OK!

I began explaining my problem but was interrupted by Mr Cox who said, “this is interesting however it does not help me to understand the problem or help in advice giving”. I was quite shocked at this approached but answered all his questions. In the end, he explained I had no case and said whoever told me that I would win compensation was lying to me. Mr Cox said as I had bought a time in Spain before 1999 and did not take out a loan and had always used it, the chance of me winning compensation was slim, and I would be throwing good money after bad. He said that I may be granted an exit from the contract for free, as my husband was 76.

I was shocked at the advice, so I contacted my own solicitor who contacted the resorts and “hey presto” I was out with one letter from him (cost of £150.00 plus tax). I have read bad things about Mr Cox and I have to say that, in my experience, he was bang on the mark, honest gave good advice and was not pushy. So, Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 17:50:34 by Sandra Jennings »

Offline pandmdocking

Re: Mr Cox at TESS
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 08:49:18 »
I thought as much. been chatting with tess last week and like you and think they are good, at least you get told whats what

Offline Williamdobbs

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 17:57:52 »
There are no good lawyers they should all be put down.
must admit that Cox might be different if he lives up to what he says

Offline Imthemug

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 21:14:11 »
I CALLED TESS, THEY WERE NICE AND GAVE ME LOTS TO THINK ABOUT BUT WE GOT OFFERED A COMPENSATION CLAIM IN SPAIN SO WENT WITH THEM

Offline james 1956

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 15:47:54 »
Some Timeshare legal eagles are working themselves up into a frenzy, shouting about the importance of access to justice for people like me, who need to make a claim against a timeshare company. Their pleas must be hitting a peak as I am being cold called every day, some claiming they represent others.
The Civil Liability Bill may intend to introduce wider reforms to the compensation system however, it’s touching that the likes of these self-professed experts are so worried about my fundamental rights that they must disturb me at every hour of the day. Its stated that when ‘cold calling lawyers are faced with good opposition many go running to the hills, with your money tucked under a swag bag.
Equally the insurers which claim to indemnify you might pour loveliness when you pay the premium to the cold caller however when the legal costs come rolling in, it’s hard not to wonder how much self-interest is at play.
For every £1 paid out in timeshare compensation claim, the resorts can end up paying an additional 47p in legal costs, making a compensation cases a nice little money-spinner for the legal profession and the legal freaks in Timeshare. When the disaster does come, the freaks will simply vanish, leaving you with a bigger problem.
Perhaps this is less about access to justice and more about access to a compensation gravy train.
I was not seeking assisting on any timeshare problem but have been the subject of many cold calls by many companies who, I have to admit, I listened to. In all, I think I spoke to about 10 cold caller which then I realised represented or recommended just 4 companies ECC Claims, Pretorian Legal, Waddington and Canarian Alliance Associates, all were involved is some way in selling Timeshare.
Considering how to work my way through the mind field I rang some others legal firms and asked them for some lucidity regarding the claims made by the cold callers which hounded me.
I contacted Duncan Lewis, Timeshare Solicitor, Tess Paralegal Services and another I can recall at the moment.
I found the ones who cold called me encouraged me to pay them upfront fees so that they could pass my details on to their select list of unknown Solicitors. All claimed I had a massive compensation claim and payment of it was just around the corner, which I found too good to be true.
In comparison the ones I called, they gave me free advice, did not pressure me to make a claim, pointed out the risks that came with suing a timeshare company and the language they used was curious, constant, and in line with what I expected from professionals.
In all cases the cold callers demanded excessive legal costs upfront, and wanted to share the compensation with me, the ones I called were cheaper and appeared more honest, some offering -no win - no fee.
Many of us will have taken a call telling us about our right to make a claim but the cold callers are just aggressively over-stating the position and may be leading people on. More seriously, I retain a fear that vulnerable people and those in need of easy cash might be duped into making fake or exaggerated claims. I don’t recommend anyone, but I have to say if you call a proper lawyer like I did, you get a lot more sense

Offline AJ

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 19:01:41 »
i have heard about TESS and the timeshare solicitor but not Duncan Lewis Good comment - Sir

Offline Keith Hurst

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 19:26:02 »
ECC ARE NOW  COLD CALLING BY EMAIL

Offline AJ

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 21:41:49 »
you can't cold call be e,mail can you?

Offline Keith Hurst

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 08:45:05 »
BY LETTER, PHONE OR EMAIL A COLD CALL IS A COLD CALL   ,,,UNINVITED INTRUSION

Offline AJ

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 09:50:34 »
Thanks Keith,
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 09:51:16 by TimeshareTalk »

Offline pandmdocking

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 18:07:25 »
I have looked on the internet spoken to lots of what i think are salesmen and a few women and are going with TESS as they seem to tell it like it is.

Offline Sandra Jennings

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2018, 09:24:05 »
I have to agree, tess don't half get some stick from the scammers