So Little Activity on This website

Started by Euroout, May 15, 2020, 22:37:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Euroout

There is so little activity on this website, I am wondering what its purpose is?

No malice intended with the post, but I recall this website as being extremely active with a number of regular contributors and a tremendous amount of news and information. Is timeshare so uninteresting now or a dead duck in the water?

Sandie Grey was one name I recall who made regular contributions and the repartee was always interesting!

Genuine question from a happy timeshare owner of at least 30 years.

fellrunner

As I understand it from another forum. The main posters and moderators moved away from this site when it changed hands and also changed its posting rules. Other regular posters said they were then subjected to censorship and some were banned or suspended and a lack of confidence in the impartiality of the site was thus created and regular posters moved elsewhere to a forum where the former moderators on here now reside. Timesharetalk was then sold on and taken over by a group of companies attached to Monster Travel who are currently said to be investigated by the police. This has probably resulted in a further lack of confidence.
 It is said that the site has again changed hands and could well be back with those who changed the posting rules. None of this activity has resulted in the return of confidence in the impartiality of the site. Obviously if this post becomes removed it will simply add to that lack of confidence.   

fellrunner

Great way to recreate confidence in this forum. Two words have been replaced in my post these words simply said who was being investigated by police.

fellrunner

Quote from: fellrunner on May 17, 2020, 12:16:47Great way to recreate confidence in this forum. Two words have been replaced in my post these words simply said who was being investigated by police.

Good to see that the two emoticons have now been replaced by the name of the company who are said to be having their activities looked into by the police.

Well done.. Honesty is the best policy.