Puerto Colon Club, Tenerife

Offline Jackiee

« on: April 20, 2006, 15:47:48 »
Has anyone stayed at this resort?  I believe it is quiet and fairly basic but with really good views of the marina directly in front of it.  Any information would be great.  Thanks.
Jackie

Billyboy

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 20:25:40 »
Jackie,

I own 4 weeks there. Bit of a faulty towers, but I like it.

Have a look at,

www.geocities.com/puertocolonclub

The list of re-sales is available from the I.O.M. A bit of a pain. The weeks are very cheap. I may buy 2 other weeks for myself. They have studios, huge 1 bed apartments and duplex 2 bed apartments. Part time reception.

I own on the ground floor, in 1 bed apartments. For a view towards the marina and the sea, you need to be upstairs.

If you need any other info, feel free to send me a private or public message,

Regards and good luck,

Billyboy,

Offline Jackiee

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 22:12:47 »
Thanks Billyboy.  The reason I ask is I've just booked a week in a 1 bedroom unit there for our son and his wife and baby boy.  It's not until the end of September.  We'll be staying at Royal Sunset Beach Club but couldn't get them in there.  It's not too far from where we'll be staying and always thought it looked quite nice.  

My husband thought it might be noisy at night with all the restaurants round about.  What's your opinion on that?  The baby will only be 8 months then.  RCI said the 1 bed apartments were large so that was another reason I chose it.  They did stress it was a standard place though.  Is the decor a bit shoddy?  Why do you call it faulty towers?  I'm beginning to feel a bit nervous about it!

Are there any units you'd recommend as better than others? If so, would we be able to request one other than what we are given by RCI?
Jackie

Billyboy

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 23:10:03 »
Jackie,

Stay calm.

There are only 20 apartments in the resort.Because the maintenance doesn't bring in a lot of money, the place is a bit neglected.
It has brand new kitchens in the apartments which are very well kitted out. Large fridge/freezer and full size cooker.
The bathrooms are due to be re-furbished this year.
The apartments are very spacious and quiet, and very close to the beach.

Standards are middling. I may buy 2 extra weeks, as i said I like the place.

There isn't any noise in the area at night time. It is a litle shoddy. Book your family in there and be happy.

Just up the hill is my favorite restaurant. LA gran PAELLA Valentiana.
Don't tell anyone, as it is too busy as it is. Almost every night you have to queue for a table.

The reception closes at approx.3-30. If you arrive after that, you have to look for the security man in the port. On his moter bike.

Just chill out and tell your family to ENJOY,

Regards,

Billyboy.

Offline Jackiee

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 20:24:32 »
Billyboy,

Thanks for your advice.  We have booked a week, and having read over the web site you mentioned, I thought it would probably be ok.  

We own at Los Claveles in Los Cristianos.  Although much larger than Puerto Colon Club, it's not too big which is something we prefer.  They have kept the maintenance down which means the refurbishment programme has been a bit slower than many resorts.  We don't really mind this and fully understand the reasons.  Resorts like Beverly Hills Heights where we used to own, with a higher standard of fixtures and fittings as well as many facilities, usually have much high fees.
Jackie

Offline Jackiee

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 22:40:04 »
Billyboy,

Just over 2 weeks now till we go to Tenerife.  Do apartments at Puerto Colon Club have washing machines?  If not, is there one on site?
Thanks, Jackie
Jackie

Billyboy

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 23:34:29 »
Jackie,

There are no washing machines in the apts.in Puerto Colon. I don't think there is one on site either,

Enjpy,

Billyboy.

Offline Jackiee

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2006, 22:10:12 »
Billyboy,
Thanks for that.
Jackie