October 22, 2019, 02:22:32

Members

Started by neil1702, July 11, 2006, 10:27:42

Previous topic - Next topic

neil1702

Are there any other Seasons members out there?
I am a member with Seasons and have had some great holidays in the UK, Ireland and Portugal and have also exchanged into Interval International and got some great deals there as well.
Anyone else enjoying their membership as well?

Cheers,

Neil

We've been Seasons members for eight years and  have always been happy with our hols. Have been to all their own resorts - first visit to Gemini Park,Turkey soon - and have also had stays at their affiliated resorts in Austria,Italy,Arizona,Phuket,Goa and South Africa. It would be great to work our way through the whole list!!!!
I know we'd have never walked into a travel agent and booked trips like those,so  well done Seasons for making it possible for us.
Mike

neil1702

Glad to see I'm not the only one on here to say good things about Seasons!
There's some pretty scary stuff elsewhere that does not relate to my experience at all.
There was even a rumour that Alpinus was being sold off, but that hasn't happened as I was chatting to someone on our visst to Laugharne last week who had been there this year.
Have you done any exchanges in Interval?

I've been a Seasons member for 5 years having been a Laugharne Park member first.
I've had a great time using Seasons sites and have also exchanged with Interval. I particularly enjoy Club Tahiti in Lanzarote and I'm going back in December.
I'm not renewing with II as I feel Seasons offers enough for me especially as it has affiliated resorts if you want to go that little bit further.

finchcolin

We must have been Season's members for around 10 years, starting with one week which quickly became two. We also "won" a green studio week but gave it up after a year as we couldn't easily fit it in. The green week we took in December at Alpinus but were very disappointed with the studio room, though the restaurant and entertainement were the best we have experienced with Seasons.

Three years ago we exchanged with the affiliated resort in Phoenix and were very impressed. Last year we used II to exchange a week in British Columbia, and this year a week in Pennsylvania. Both exchanges were in good quality appartments. We have also exchanged one week with II to give to our daughter for her honeymoon in St Martins.

Off to Whitbarrow again in October for a week, and probably back to Brunston Castle next year. Hope to get to Spain soon, as our daughter used a week there last year and was impressed. We have used Burn Park for several weekend breaks, as well as Laugharne and Knocktopher for a couple of weeks. No regrets signing up with Seasons.

How refreshing to see an entirely positive thread about timeshare

neiltilley

i have visited seasons fairways near Almancil(Quinta do Lago) Algarve to be nosy!!! It was beautiful. One of if not the best looking ii resort affiliate I have ever seen.
Is Seasons the same as 'four seasons' ? (i think that is no) and is there a website? (i searched and all i got was four seasons[:(] )

Wrong company! The website you can refer to is www.seasonsholidays.com

neil1702

quote:
Originally posted by neiltilley

i have visited seasons fairways near Almancil(Quinta do Lago) Algarve to be nosy!!! It was beautiful. One of if not the best looking ii resort affiliate I have ever seen.
Is Seasons the same as 'four seasons' ? (i think that is no) and is there a website? (i searched and all i got was four seasons[:(] )

No, Seasons is definitely different to Four Seasons.
Seasons have a resort in Portugal which is opposite the Pine Cliffs resort, which I believe is in the RCI brochure. Both are located in a place called Acoteas (not spelt right!). Seasons resort is called Alpinus and is great although the pool was rather chilly when we went.
Can't wait to visit Four Seasons Fairways and will be interested to see if it can beat the holiday we had at Marbella Beach Resort, which was superb.

neiltilley

i like the website. it is understated.. i mean it doesn't exaggerate like some websites do.... easy to check out the resorts and the price you pay for green for go is very clear... i think i know the reputations of a couple of resorts in the portfolio...i think it is the sort of club any member can be proud of and there isn't any negative feedback is there?
great, i am thinkin' this would be in my shortlist if and when i am looking for my third week to buy.. looks great and good choices if the calendar and options work for me as i would be looking at those dark green dates around week 44 plus.. you guys at seasons are cool[B)]

Agree about the website. Particularly like receiving the chatty bits and updates via the emailed newsletter too.[:D]

neil1702

quote:
Originally posted by neiltilley

i like the website. it is understated.. i mean it doesn't exaggerate like some websites do.... easy to check out the resorts and the price you pay for green for go is very clear... i think i know the reputations of a couple of resorts in the portfolio...i think it is the sort of club any member can be proud of and there isn't any negative feedback is there?
great, i am thinkin' this would be in my shortlist if and when i am looking for my third week to buy.. looks great and good choices if the calendar and options work for me as i would be looking at those dark green dates around week 44 plus.. you guys at seasons are cool[B)]

The only thing I would say is that every time you visit one of the resorts they try and get you to upgrade your membership, which some people might find a bit off-putting. We have succumbed and are now elite members, which we feel gives us some great opportunities both with Seasons and Interval.
We've now been to all the Seasons at Home resorts but only the portugese resort abroad.
If anyone wants to know anything about Seasons resorts just ask[:)]

have you heard any positive "rumours" about  Alpinus having an indoor pool and  upgrading plans at Forest Hill,Spain?

neil1702

quote:
Originally posted by snapper

have you heard any positive "rumours" about  Alpinus having an indoor pool and  upgrading plans at Forest Hill,Spain?

Funnily enough I was looking at some of the old brochures we got when we first joined and that included a plan of the resort that showed where the indoor pool was going to be. I now see that this is no longer included in the brochure.
I take that to mean that it's a bit further down the pipeline than we might have thought.
We're going to Portugal in November and because of the pool we decided not to go to Alpinus but exchange and so we're off Four Seasons Fairways.
I haven't heard anything about Forest Hills I'm afraid

pat_celine

quote:
Originally posted by neil1702

I am a member with Seasons and have had some great holidays in the UK, Ireland and Portugal and have also exchanged into Interval International and got some great deals there as well.

Cheers,

Neil
Did you know that on 8 August 2006 Seasons have aquired Clowance. I was staying at the resort as a Clowance owner and heard the news from the evening entertainer. It came as a shock to all the Clowance employees. I am not sure whether I should transfer to Seasons or stay as a fixed week owner.

neil1702

quote:
Originally posted by pat_celine

quote:
Originally posted by neil1702

Cheers,

Neil
Did you know that on 8 August 2006 Seasons have aquired Clowance. I was staying at the resort as a Clowance owner and heard the news from the evening entertainer. It came as a shock to all the Clowance employees. I am not sure whether I should transfer to Seasons or stay as a fixed week owner.

I've just replied to your other post int he general forum area.
Please feel free to ask anything either here or in the general area.
I'll help as much as I can.
There's definitely going to be pros and cons, especially as your fixed week is in the school holidays. It's just going to come down to what's best for you and what you want out of your timeshare.

Hi
I have just won a green week with Clubseasons. Half management fees paid for first year, a free short break before end of 2006 and a week at any of resorts AT ANY TIME in 2007!Can anyone recommend whether to head for Forest Hills or Alpinus next summer. Looking for great scenery, nice ambience but somewhere close enough to nitelife if we want it. A pool and/or gym would be nice too!

dorothyandjim

Hi,

Beore you get too enthusiastic have a quick check on the conditions of your Green week. As far as I know, unless they've changed it, if you want to go in the summer you'll need to bear in mind that from April to October you can only book within 59 days of travel and "subject to availability". Outside April to October you can book a year in advance but if you want to go in the summer maybe you should try and find out what the chances are of getting a week within 59 days of travel.

Just a thought, Jim

neil1702

I agree with Jim above.

If you do decide to go ahead with booking a holiday I can only really speak for Alpinus, which we found to be a great resort. There are quite a few restaurants within easy walking distance but didn't see too much of the later night-life as we have a very young family. There was entertainment in the bar every night, which I have heard from others is quite enjoyable.

All I know about Forest Hills is that you must have a car, which implies to me that there is nothing really within walking distance. However the on-site entertainment might be enough. Perhaps someone else can speak up for Forst hills.

I'm pretty sure both resorts have a pool and a gym and this seems to be a pre-requisite for all Seasons resorts, but you can check them out for yourself through the website (www.seasonsholidays.co.uk).

If you want to know anything more just leave a message here and I'm sure someone will be able to answer it.

Cheers

many thanks jim
booked my free short break today at whitbarrow for december and have been told i can have my 2007 week for the first year anytime! All for £160!! Apparently I dont have a green for go membership; just an ordinary clubseaons one. whats the difference?