Marriott Internal Exchange

Started by Dan B., July 22, 2006, 15:43:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan B.

I'm a Marriott owner with many resorts, does anyone know if Marriott will ever go to an Internal Exchange ???????? I've asked Marriott for many years with no definite answer.[?]

There does not appear to be any evidence that they are planning to. I guess it depends on how long their deal with II lasts and how happy they are with the service / profit they get from that deal.

Have you had problems with II

C

Boss Man

Craig,

Excuse my ignorance, but is that not the idea behind Marriott Points, or am I confusing it with another scheme ?

Well..... II run the internal exchange for Marriott at the moment. The points system is different and only open to people who bought direct from Marriott (eg. I am excluded because I bought all my weeks resale)

C

Dan B.

quote:
Originally posted by craigbeck

There does not appear to be any evidence that they are planning to. I guess it depends on how long their deal with II lasts and how happy they are with the service / profit they get from that deal.

Have you had problems with II

C

No I Just want to get my trade confirmed right now [:)] and not 4 to 6 months later [:(!]

kekouri

Anyone can save those Marriott points.  They have nothing to do with timeshare...they are travel points, like milage points.

Of course, most Marriott Reward points members don't feel buying a week via Marriott is worth the difference in the ability to get points when you turn back you week for those points.

You realize Marriott charges fees to take back the week and give points?  They also require you to pay maint fees and taxes on the week you give back (in some cases, that $1000 to get back a set of points that might be only 90,000 (or even less).  (It costs 150,000 pts to get a 2bed 2bath week from Marriott)

As an owner, I expect Dan may have recieved a questionaire from Marriott info specific info on II, how we like the exchange company, and how we did trades.

I think Marriott is planning a system to provide exchanging internally without II being needed.   I also expect it will primarily benefit Marriott and not the owners in fees, loss of ACs changes in L/O use.

ie....currently, with a person locking out their units, they get 2 weeks for the one, and II has usually even given at least one size bigger ubits for what was turned in. (A one bedroom gets a 2 bedroom).  Also, if II liked the bigger part of the one bedroom, they would (sometimes you need to ask) give you a bonus week called an AC (A week with restrictions-you had a fee & needed to use in a year).....so that one week usually got 3 weeks vis II.

Wouldn't Marriott prefer to rent out an extra week or two, than let owners have it.  Cou;d be quite lucrative to get II somehow out of the picture for some trades at least.

What is now happening, is SFX is also giving bonus weeks for some weeks give in.  One report on TUG or TS4ums that they gave 2 weeks for the one week...even studios.  That meant 4 weeks for the one week.  (I don't know where I read this...may not be accurate)

So, I'm pretty sure Marriott is planning to do their own without needing II for internal trades.   (Marriott, Hyatt, Carlson Travelite (Radission), Disney, and the few others ) no longer have any % of ownership in II.

To be honest I would prefer ONLY to deal with Marriott, i don't like having to get involved with other companies such as II.