Marriott Playa Andaluza V Marbella Beach Club

Started by , August 07, 2006, 06:33:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Marriott are famous for their quality and location, in the costa del sol they have two resorts pretty much next to each other - so which one is the best for you?

Marriott Playa Andaluza????
or
Marbella Beach Club????

Craig

neil1702

quote:
Originally posted by craigbeck

Marriott are famous for their quality and location, in the costa del sol they have two resorts pretty much next to each other - so which one is the best for you?

Marriott Playa Andaluza????
or
Marbella Beach Club????

Craig

Beach Resort for me and my family!
For one thing the reosrt is actually finished and this also applies to the area around the resort.
We found more restaurants and better ones in the area around the Beach Resort as the area around Playa Andaluza is still being developed. I can see that in 5 years or so Play Andaluza will be similar.
We also really enjoyed the onsite restaurant and bar at the Beach Resort. When we stayed at Playa Andaluza the restaurant wasn't ready yet and there was no bar. They both have a bar down by the pool/beach but the Beach resort had an indoor bar that sold Tapas, which we thoroughly enjoyed.
There's not a lot to choose between them in terms of the units or other facilities but we fully intend to go back to the Beach Resort and leave Playa Andaluza alone for a few years.
Please take into consideration the fact that when we stayed at the resorts we did not have car as we were a party of 7 and we prefer to just stay local. I think if you had a car the relative isolation of Play Andaluza would not be a problem.

All in all both are lovely resorts but Beach Resort gets our vote mainly down to being closer to better restaurants/shops (within walking distance) and a better choice of food on-site.

Cheers,

Neil

Neil

I am actually at Playa Andaluza at the moment, and I think i am coming down on your side of things. If we didn't have a car we would be stuck, of course that means I am always the designated driver (not good).

C

neil1702

quote:

Neil

I am actually at Playa Andaluza at the moment, and I think i am coming down on your side of things. If we didn't have a car we would be stuck, of course that means I am always the designated driver (not good).

C

Enjoying the walk through the houses and then over the road on that old footbridge?

neil1702

quote:

Neil

C

Is the on-site restaurant open yet and if so what is it like?

Mitchell

Neil,
@ Marbella.

The Tapas bar has now gone & turned into a indoor Diner & sports bar "Charlies" open till 2 am in the morning ,with food till 10.30pm.
Good for a late night beer & to watch the pay per view footie.
They have just refurbed the club house changing rooms below the gym.
They also have high seed internet in the rooms as std now, which saves going to the internet cafe at the top.
Because the Marbella site in ltd in size area, I think Playa will soon overtake this resort for being the better one.
Playa now has two brand new outside pools which are really good for the families. one has kids slides & toys etc & the other has volleyball nets & waterpolo set up for all day usage. (great for a laugh)
Mitchell.

The on site restaurant at Playa opens in the Spring 2007 i believe - badly needed! There is a beach hut style restaurant nearby that has the potential to be amazing. But the french couple who run it don't seem to be bothered, it just serves steak and chips!

neil1702

yes, we ate at the beach hut style restaurant a few times. Found the owners to be really friendly and I had some great sardines there once. I think we have a slightly different opinion of it, but I could have sworn the owners were Spanish when we went so maybe it's changed hands

For us, as I explained earlier, the whole area needs to improve before we will feel that Andaluza is better than Marbella

Mitchell

Craig, Neil,

Yes I think the owners were french & quiet rude when we went. They could give a better service than they do, but they have a monoply to say the least.
Playa wins just by short hair.

Mitchell.

Yes it must have changed hands, one night we went there and the french couple just sat drinking coffee and ignored us. We ended up leaving 15 minutes later and never went back. That place could be a gold mine in the right hands.