Tenerife

pinkkipper

Tenerife
« on: August 31, 2006, 23:24:32 »
Ok big question here (actually 2 questions)

We are looking towards Tenerife next year

So -  any resorts to aim for OR to avoid.

Family holiday with an 11year old and 9 year old (ages then)

Offline Jackiee

Tenerife
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 00:36:56 »
Ian,

We're going to Royal Sunset Beach Club in the Fanabe area of Las Americas on 29th September.  We've stayed here before and liked it.  It's in a really good position for the beach, restaurants etc.  There's also entertainment every night if that's what you want, especially with the kids.  The apartments are good quality too.
Jackie

Offline Boss Man

• The Boss Man
  • Global Moderator
Tenerife
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 07:34:41 »
Highly reccomend Hollywood Mirage - Went there few years ago and it is great. Bit of a trek into town, but a quick and cheap taxi ride.

helenbarnett1963

Tenerife
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 09:56:33 »
We stayed at Fairways Club at Amarilla Golf in August this year.  Our kids are aged 6 and 10.  It suited us just fine.  The apartments are fine, quite spacious, but not luxurious.  The pool is nice and the bar and restaurant do OK food. There is daily entertainment aorund the pool for little kids, and mine also joined in with the 'family' pool volleyball and relay races.  Its an enclosed resort with secuity gates so its safe for the kids to wander aorund by themsleves.  My two soon made friends and we hardly saw them except when they wanted money for ice creams or the pool table.
The staff all speak excellent English and are friendly and helpful,  and the tiemshare reps know when to tkae a hint and leave you alone.
Downsides....you need a car as there are no beaches and not many restaurants within walking distance.  The evening entertainment didn't suit our tastes...cabaret in the restaurant and kareoke in the bar - but they seemed poular with the 'granny brigade' and teenagers respectivley.
If you do have a car, its only a short drive to the Water Park, Jungle Park, Las Galletas for restaurants and surfing, Los Christianos for the fantastic beaches.  

incise84

Tenerife
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 10:28:09 »
Jackiee,
We have stayed at Sunset Bay 4 times but after reading your report on Royal Sunset Beach,well I think it is time for a change.
Thanks Jackiee(well I hope its thanks)LOL
Regards
Michelle

Offline Jackiee

Tenerife
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 15:30:08 »
Michelle................so do I!! [:I]

Ian, I agree with the 'Boss' about Hollywood Mirage.  Beverly Hills Heights is also really good which is next door.  It's Resort Properties that put me off.  If they can be ignored you'd have a great time staying there.
Jackie

Jeff

Tenerife
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 16:45:55 »
The Tenerife Royal Gardens is one of the worst I have ever stayed in, and is certainly one that's on my list of never to returns.

Sunningdale Village and Sunset View on the Golf Del Sur,are both good resorts and there are plenty of eating out places, as well as some nice restaurants to visit.

You can also walk across to Los Abrigos which has some superb fish restaurants.

Offline jasonclements

Tenerife
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 17:31:02 »
Agree about Hollywood Mirage, but as mentioned avoid the Sales Team at all costs.

The Santa Barbara resort was okay in Golf Del Sur when we went there a few years back.

You could always try the Regency Country Club, it's exchangable in RCI, and for all it's problems, it's still a nice resort.

Jason

pinkkipper

Tenerife
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 19:10:38 »
quote:
Originally posted by Timesharetalk

Highly reccomend Hollywood Mirage - Went there few years ago and it is great. Bit of a trek into town, but a quick and cheap taxi ride.

OK  

My life is now in your hands - If Mrs Pinkkipper and the kipperlings dont like it......

Offline Jackiee

Tenerife
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 19:32:05 »
If you get stuck with one of the sales team just get Mrs Pinkkipper or one of the kipperlings to burst into tears.  [;)]
Jackie

Jeff

Tenerife
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 20:14:58 »
Tell them that their offer is so good that you fancy working for them, then watch their faces drop......it worked for me [:D]