Marriott owners say Aye

Started by , September 05, 2006, 13:25:27

Previous topic - Next topic

The Marriott section of Timeshare Talk is always a bit quiet, as I tend to lean towards the glass being half full I presume this is because everybody is happy with their lot!

Anyway...........

Speak up if you are a Marriott owner (where do you own and how has it worked out for you)

C

Boss Man

I think you are right Craig, a Marriott owner is a happy owner

Mitchell

I too am a Marriott owner of six years, Their resorts are the best & I would say that to anyone who asks.
The only minus is if you try to go peak season to other marriott resorts that you do not own, as they are very hard to get into.
If you do not need to go peak then its ok.
Once my kids are grown up, my wife & I will explore the long haul resorts that Marriott have.
Can't wait.
PS: we own at Marbella & Playa, in spain.

Mitchell.

Michell,

Which would you say is the best of the Spanish resorts?

C

neil1702

Have either of you been to the Marriott resort close to Disneyland in Paris?
We're thinking of going there with the kids in the next few years.

Neil

Mitchell

Neil,

The Paris, MVC was shocking,
1. They are french
2. Staff had poor attitudes & shrug their shoulders alot.
3.Hot water system broke down for 3 days & french were poor at repairing it
4.Air con went into reverse giving us colds & flu.
5.Shuttle bus were meant to pick up & deliver every 15 mins, 2hrs more like.
6.Paris 1 hr by TGR train , not close.
7. Euro poor compared to Florida.
8.Reps could not sell a week & all put in for transfers.
but the town houses were very nice though.
9. Weather not much better than UK.

In total not up to the marriot standard.

Mitchell

Mitchell

Craig,

Both resorts are quiet different, but Playa will have more room. Marbella has a better community at the present. Playa has two new pools & are good for the families. Playa needs the resturant badly, but the marbella one is badly run. Marbella has the nicer beach & good resturants nearby.
Overall Playa has just got the nod.
Mitchell.

quote:
Originally posted by neil1702

Have either of you been to the Marriott resort close to Disneyland in Paris?
We're thinking of going there with the kids in the next few years.

Neil

I have just bought a week at the French resort to go with the couple I own at the Majorca MVC. I am going out there next weekend for a look around and perhaps a spot of golf! I will report back on what it is like

neil1702

Thanks Mitchell for your views but next time could say what you really mean and not sit on the fence [;)]

I shall look forward to hearing if it has improved from Craig.

thanks guys

One of the biggest complaints I hear about the French resort is..... the weather was rubbish. Which is hardly the fault of Marriott, and the weather is Paris is pretty much the same as you get in London so I am not sure what people were expecting????

neil1702

I've just re-read what I wrote earlier and found that I really should proof read what I type more thoroughly!!!

I agree with you about the weather. Being based in the UK, Paris weather is not going to be a problem

Mitchell

Neil, what do you mean about the fence??

neil1702

quote:
Originally posted by Mitchell

Neil, what do you mean about the fence??

sorry, just a bit of sarcasm[;)]
no offence meant

Mitchell

Neil,

No worries, just thought I had missed something

Mitchell

Ok, I am now back from the Paris Marriott and yes it does feel a little different to other Marriotts. Like a lot of resorts not yet completed (eg Playa Andaluza) there are sections screened off, BUT there does not appear to be any work going on beyond those screens at the French one. I was a little concerned at that because if they have failed to sell enough weeks to warrent full competion will it ever look the finished article.

The town houses are up to the Marriott standard with lovely bedrooms and fully equipt downstairs living areas. The daily maid service is perfect as ever and there is silent air conditioning through out. The views are very peaceful over the Disney golf course, there were ducks and swans on the lawn outside my town house.

We are spending Xmas there and for kids it is great because it is 2.2 miles to Disneyland Paris. We plan to spend a day in Paris central and a visit to the massive shopping outlet store.

I am not sure why they bothered with such a large outdoor pool, because of the weather it must get used about 4 weeks a year. It makes the resort look a bit deserted to be honest. The indoor pool is nice but small, but there are steam rooms, hot tubs and saunas.

The lack of an on site restaurant is a major disadvantage and as usual the resort shop is massively overpriced (about 4 times the price of the near by supermarket). A bottle of whiskey was 32 euros, the same bottle in the supermarket was 12!!!

Is it worth going: YES it certainly up to the quality you expect from Marriot but expect the gloomy condition of the UK, which just takes a little of the sparkle out of this very camp (pink, yellow and blue town houses), very disney'fied resort.

neil1702

Sounds pretty good.
How easy is it to get to Disneyland and to the centre of Paris?
To me it sounds like the ideal base for a trip with the kids until they're old enough to go to the American Disney sites.
How close are the local amenities like shops and restuarants? are they within walking distance or is the car a must?

Many thanks for letting us know.

Neil

There are free shuttle buses running every hour from the resort or you can drive in about 5 mins. There is a little village called Baillieromans about a mile from the Marriott with a chinese restuartant, a few bars, a chemist and a decent super market.

JimG

Just my tuppenceworth; we visited for a presentation weekend in February last year, it was snowing quite heavily and we felt the townhouses could have benefitted from a gas fire in the living area to make the rooms feel "cosier".
The Chinese was one of the best we've ever had, but apart from that, the other outlets seemed to close very early and although there were some good restaurants at the shopping centre they weren't particularly "French".
All in all we felt that the resort and surrounding area lacked "atmosphere" and we declined to purchase.
One more thing to note is that all the shops were closed Sunday's and Monday's.

I agree, indeed a log fire would add real character (like some center parcs have)

C